iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

handyman1943 12-26-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2845771)
Thanks Handyman. I think so too since it seems to generate more pressure. How did you get a pressure tank added to your system?

I picked it up at Menards (about $25-$30). Added a tee just past the water pump. Was able to fit it in the compartment under the bathroom sink. Also added a shutoff valve inline after the tee and before the tank in case I don't want to use the tank or have to remove it.

ctpres 12-27-2015 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2857333)
In earlier post I mentioned slide cable problem and decision to let CW fix it vs a DIY. So glad I did not DIY! Bad news CW is now at six week point and still not done. Good news - CW ordered cable (week five) - Thor upgraded order and sent complete slide rebuild kit that includes rollers and cable. CW Rapid Response team got involved this week so things should start to happen. If you have real problems with CW - try posting your problem here.
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Camping World Service and Installation
Scheduled to chase 70 degrees in southern FL around the 18th sure hope CW done by then.

OP Here with follow up report: At seven week point slide work still not done and we retrieved our KT from CW for our winter trip. Slide now operates a bit smoother. The woodwork I worried about looks good and windshield trim is back on to stay. Earlier installs relied on barbed bead locking into gasket. Whole thing now held in place with silicone. Work yet to be done - Thor decided to added more rollers and that work is scheduled when we get back in March.
The BIG unexpected problem with CW. They don't lock doors or basement compartments on customer owned rigs in for service. Over 260 rigs there and not one locked! So far we have not missed anything.
On way home from CW discovered radio/video system out, the same problem reported in many other threads. If yours dies just after wty - don't give up - Thor got a three month extension on the std 12 month. I am going to try for DIY replace. More on the project later.

ctpres 12-27-2015 12:02 PM

More mods fixes and upgrades

#73 One of our frameless windows was getting harder and harder to close. Opened OK but required much more effort to close. Finally figured out that small disc on window end of arm needed some lube. Still haven't figured out if it rotates or is fixed and just slides in the track. In any case I put a very small amount of silicone grease on a Q tip and applied to track at the disk on both sides of almost fully open window. Operated window several times full in and out. Now Zero effort required - amazing difference. Suspect that over time the track will need cleaning and a better dry type lube applied. Did same thing to all the other windows and virtually every one operated much easier.

KC 12-28-2015 08:08 PM

Did anyone watch Scorpion on CBS tonight, they were driving a Challenger.

KC

Sanford 12-29-2015 05:39 AM

Scorpion

Yes, saw that.
Sanford

sbleiweiss 12-29-2015 11:20 AM

Bathroom Exhaust Fan Problem

This morning the exhaust fan in the bathroom is dead. Does anyone know where the fuse or breaker is for this? Any other things to check? Thanks.

sbleiweiss 12-29-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2879581)
This morning the exhaust fan in the bathroom is dead. Does anyone know where the fuse or breaker is for this? Any other things to check? Thanks.

Follow up. The fuse box at the foot of the bed has 18 fuses numbered from 1 through 18. Does anyone know where an index is of what each one works? None was obviously blown while looking at them in place. After touching both connection ends of the wire up near the fan itself it started working again, so either a timing coincidence, or one of those connections is loose. I don't know which. Back in business for now.

ctpres 12-29-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2879644)
Follow up. The fuse box at the foot of the bed has 18 fuses numbered from 1 through 18. Does anyone know where an index is of what each one works? None was obviously blown while looking at them in place. After touching both connection ends of the wire up near the fan itself it started working again, so either a timing coincidence, or one of those connections is loose. I don't know which. Back in business for now.

Get some dielectric grease for your tool bag. Unplug wires to switch and put a very small amount on both switch pins - if either connector seemed to come off easy - LIGHTLY pinch end of connector to increase holding pressure. If it fails again unplug both switch wires and touch the connectors together eliminating switch. Might try a bit of squeezing on wire crimp on connectors where fan wires connect to main in ceiling. Need to remove fan shroud to do that.

marcdohc 12-31-2015 08:13 AM

Broom closet in a KT?

I am looking for a clever place to hide my broom in my KT. Has anyone come up with a clever easily accessible yet hidden place?

ctpres 12-31-2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcdohc (Post 2882168)
I am looking for a clever place to hide my broom in my KT. Has anyone come up with a clever easily accessible yet hidden place?

Ditch full size broom and trade it in on a kids broom - typically about three foot long and a lot easier to hide or store.

PattyP 01-01-2016 10:37 AM

I stuck my broom behind the couch in a corner. It would not fit in closet in bedroom but the swifter and vacuum fits in bedroom closet.

bigdaddy5120 01-01-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcdohc (Post 2882168)

I bought this and store it under the bathroom sink.
Amazon.com: Camco 43623 Adjustable Broom and Dustpan: Automotive

Thor 37GT 01-03-2016 12:32 PM

Some food for thought about flat towing!!!

The first toad I had was a jeep wrangler tj 4wd and it was fine for a tow vehicle, but is not good for anything else but offroading not good for long trips or going to the store and they ride ruff. So I sold it!! My motorhome got 7 m/g towing the tj.

The second toad I bought was a 05 chevy Colorado reg. cab 4wd and it was good at everything the jeep was not good at. It towed just like the jeep was good on long trips and had a bed for what ever you wanted to hall and drives like a car. My mh got 7m/g towing this truck.

The one thing that I did not like about either of these vehicles was the amount of power it dragged from the engine on the mh when towing and I thought to myself this cant be right. The amount of the drag it is on the engine going up hills and in a head wind didn't seem right to me. So I thought what if is the 4wd on these vehicles that are the problem. That is a lot of differentials and drive shafts to be turning. sooo!!!

The third vehicle I bought was a 08 chevy Colorado 2wd reg. cab this is a lighter truck because of no 4wd and a 4 cylinder. I bought a remco drive shaft disconnect and installed it. I towed this truck behind my mh and got 7m/g. I thought it would do better on the gas millage but it is what it is.

Let me tell you what it did do it completely changed the overall power of the engine on the mf, a lot less down shift going up small hills, I could leave it in cruise for long periods of time, The engine had lot more power, at 70m/h it would down shift into 4th which is 2900 rpms instead of shifting into 3rd all the time at 3500 rpms. Going up big hills I could hold my speed at 70 m/h when it would shift into 3rd at 3500 rpms I could never do this before.

In closing my advise for a good tow vehicle would be a rear wheel drive car or truck with a remco drive shaft disconnect it wont save you on gas but it will save you on wear and tear on your mh and it is just easier to tow.

bigdaddy5120 01-03-2016 02:14 PM

outlet in front pass through compartment

Has anyone wired a wall outlet in the front pass through compartment ?I'm thinking about tapping into the outside outlet for power.Thoughts ?

Thanks
Bigdaddy51200