iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

ctpres 01-08-2016 10:22 AM

More mods fixes and upgrades

#75 Noticed a very small hole in screen near top center of our screen door. Discovered that when screen door is latched to door that screen touches window frame. Aluminum joint at top of window had sharp edges that eventually rubbed a hole in the screen. Less than sixty seconds with a file to smooth edges and colored exposed bare aluminum with a Sharpie and done. Just run your finger over all the screw heads and joint at top to be sure you don't have the same problem.

ctpres 01-08-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2892988)
Our 2014.5 KT didn't come with a Rapid Camp at all. Was it supposed to come with one?

Our very early 2015 has it not sure about 14.5.
Look under bed platform on back side of breaker and fuse panels. If you see lots of wire and relays attached to a one foot square circuit board - then you are just missing the remote. No board - no rapid camp Can post pic if needed.

ctpres 01-09-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2892993)
#75 Noticed a very small hole in screen near top center of our screen door. Discovered that when screen door is latched to door that screen touches window frame. Aluminum joint at top of window had sharp edges that eventually rubbed a hole in the screen. Less than sixty seconds with a file to smooth edges and colored exposed bare aluminum with a Sharpie and done. Just run your finger over all the screw heads and joint at top to be sure you don't have the same problem.

Follow up with one more step. Studied hole and decided it needed something to keep cut ends of two screen threads from allowing hole to get bigger. Super glue seemed to be best - one BB size dab and now I am done. You have to look real hard to see repair.

stevemiller2 01-10-2016 04:27 PM

dish 211 receiver

We have the 2014 1/2 dt and the cabinet will not hold the receiver.the cabinet above and below are to small.Has anyone had this issue and did you did you take care of it.

stevemiller2 01-10-2016 05:44 PM

I have the same thing on my 20141/2.Thor said it is out of warranty and they will not repair. Get it done now or they will dump you. It is put together backwards from factory. Period

stevemiller2 01-10-2016 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 2217835)
What do you mean that the gray and black is piped to the black? Is there a gray tank, but no water goes to it? Is there a grey water valve separate from the black water? If there are two valves, do you mean that nothing comes out of the gray water tank? I have a 2014.5, a 37GT, no issue that I am aware of.

Ted

ours is the same. It is put together at the factory backwards.Mine is the same year and model as yours and just purchased it in 12/30/15. Thor said it was out of warranty and it was my problem. BLACK WATER COMES OUT OF SMALL VALVE AND GRAY OUT OF LARGE VALVE.Yes it does plug. If you hook up the blank tank flush it comes out small valve. Thanks Thor.

stevemiller2 01-10-2016 06:51 PM

that is the same outlook I got

bdickson 01-11-2016 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiefrank (Post 2887196)
Bruce, havent seen your post lately good to hear from you again.. I too havea 20134 37GT love the floor plan, we were gone 4 months last yr to the midwest, great trip. What are you using the extra outlets for?

Frank, I added the outlets to give me power on the drivers side. I run my electric grill from there, mainly because the utility outlet above the fresh water tank compartment is on the same breaker as the GFCI outlets in the kitchen and bathroom. I was always tripping the breaker.

sbleiweiss 01-11-2016 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevemiller2 (Post 2895971)
ours is the same. It is put together at the factory backwards.Mine is the same year and model as yours and just purchased it in 12/30/15. Thor said it was out of warranty and it was my problem. BLACK WATER COMES OUT OF SMALL VALVE AND GRAY OUT OF LARGE VALVE.Yes it does plug. If you hook up the blank tank flush it comes out small valve. Thanks Thor.

How would someone not notice and deal with this during the first year of ownership (ie warranty)?

ctpres 01-11-2016 12:02 PM

More mods fixes and upgrades

#76 Have been cleaning air conditioner filters on a pretty regular basis now for over 12 months of traveling. One - they are somewhat fragile and tear easily. Two - removing washing and waiting for them to dry very time consuming and meant going without filter if air really needed. Simple - I needed more filters and boy are they expensive. My solution "FROST KING Air Conditioner Filter 15x 24x 1/4" Washable Polyurethane Foam F1524" on Ebay for under four bucks and free shipping. One of these will make three filters. Don't try to make four - they will be to narrow. Hope everyone is staying nice and warm.

stevemiller2 01-11-2016 08:38 PM

what side is your small drain valve

PattyP 01-12-2016 04:58 PM

Did you buy it used and that is why it is out of warranty already? Cuz we just bought ours and it's used, so we are out of warranty and had to buy extended warranty.

sbleiweiss 01-13-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2893010)
Our very early 2015 has it not sure about 14.5.
Look under bed platform on back side of breaker and fuse panels. If you see lots of wire and relays attached to a one foot square circuit board - then you are just missing the remote. No board - no rapid camp Can post pic if needed.

Looked where you said. We have an enclosed box made of the same wood as the bed frame covering the back side behind the breakers and fuses. Can't easily see what is inside. No visible circuit board outside that box.

bdickson 01-16-2016 02:39 PM

Baby's got new clothes!

3 Attachment(s)
Installed my new sunscreens today.