iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

sbleiweiss 01-17-2016 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 2902757)
Installed my new sunscreens today.

Bruce, you really went all out. Privacy much? Enjoy.

marcdohc 01-17-2016 02:23 PM

The (NOT) just like new 2014.5 KT I flew to Savannah CW to buy but didnt did have the Rapid camp. Regarding my 2016 KT's Rapid camp not having levelers, I called Thor 4 times, they were going to mail me a new remote but called back 4 days and explained that too would have to be programmed. He said bring it in to my local Thor dealer and have them do it. Keep in mind I already tried that and they said that option wasn't available on the KT even though it's described in the KT brochure. I decided to call Lippert. One phone call and 20 minutes and my Rapid camp now controls my levelers.

bdickson 01-17-2016 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2903720)
Bruce, you really went all out. Privacy much? Enjoy.

Daytime privacy 100 percent, night time not so much.

tedgard01 01-17-2016 08:49 PM

Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 2904107)

They truly look nice!

Ted

PattyP 01-18-2016 06:16 AM

How do you put them off and on each trip or do they stay on and you pull down like shades inside? Looks hard to reach them without a ladder and we don't carry a ladder when we travel. Didn't yours have the pull down shades inside?

ctpres 01-18-2016 06:22 AM

More mods fixes and upgrades

#77 Had water leaks in some basement compartments. Several wty. service attempts but still leaking. I FOUND IT! Look at the rubber gasket and you will find a couple small holes on inside of bottom that allow air to escape when door is closed compressing the gasket. If pressing a large section of gasket forces water out of these holes you probably have the same problem. Look for joint where ends of gasket are connected and glued together. If the seam is very narrow and hard to see then that gasket is probably ok. In my case there was about 1/8 inch gap between ends and silicon caulk was used to fill in gap. Problem is it didn't work. There was a small void. Any water running down outside of gasket would go thru void and into center of gasket. Once bottom of gasket filled with water it would start running out thru the air holes and into basement. A bit of silicon to fill void and no more leak.

bdickson 01-18-2016 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 2904803)
How do you put them off and on each trip or do they stay on and you pull down like shades inside? Looks hard to reach them without a ladder and we don't carry a ladder when we travel. Didn't yours have the pull down shades inside?

The windshield and driver/passenger window shades can be attached from ground level. They have stiffener bars which allow them to be rolled out. The two side windows were custom made and I have to use a ladder. I have a telescoping 14 foot ladder which lives in the basement. Our travel pattern these days is drive for a week, then stay put volunteering for 3 to 6 months. Obviously I don't install and remove the shades every day.

Yes, we do have internal shades but the outside shades are much more efficient at blocking heat, and they let us keep the inside shades open for better visibility.

sbleiweiss 01-18-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 2904107)

Are you unhappy with them for that reason? I'm somewhat perplexed because I would think you would want light and view during the day, privacy at night.

bdickson 01-18-2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2905110)
Are you unhappy with them for that reason? I'm somewhat perplexed because I would think you would want light and view during the day, privacy at night.

Shell, no, I'm very happy with them. In the daytime, the visibility from inside the coach looking out is about the same as looking through the day shades but without the concertina effect. From outside looking in they appear 100 percent opaque in the daytime. At night looking in from the outside I can see all the lights and a shadowy view of people moving about. Just lowering the interior day shades at night to give a double layer blocks the outside view.

mtm737 01-19-2016 06:32 AM

Hauling a Motorcycle

Sorry 'bout the threaddrift but this seems to be the best way to ask the Thor Challenger Owners.

We own a 2013GT. I flat tow a Kia Soul behind it. Thinking I'm 16 instead of 61, I bought a lil Honda 250 to take with me. Any thoughts on the best way to do both? The Kia will not support the bike on back. Your thoughts?

Chief2600 01-20-2016 06:16 AM

hauling a motorcycle

There is a combo hitch available for mc and vehicle.Hydraulic lift for mc and still plenty of room for tow vehicle..

ctpres 01-20-2016 06:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
#78 Just replaced kitchen faucet with a better one originaly purchased for S&B. Selling S&B so decided to put the higher quality fauct in our new home. If you do a R/R be prepared for a couple hour project. Virtually everything was done with one hand and by braile. Disconnect hot and cold but not sprayer hose. I do not think it is possible to disconnect sprayer hose with one hand. Faucet body secured to counter top with a threaded washer and a flat one underneath. Threaded washer has two vertical screws that must be loosned before washer will unscrew. With some messing around you can remove both washers by carefully positioning all four hoses for the smallest diameter. Hole thru counter top was slightly smaller than new faucet body requiring use of a large round file. Installation pretty much just reversing above. In pic #2 note wierd sprayer hose connector. If you are disposing of old faucet I would just pull old fixture up enough to cut copper tube and hose to make things easier.
Side note - if you are having low water flow issues only at the kitchen sink - unscrew sprayer head from hose and you might find a screen sediment filter that needs cleaning. Ours had one.

ctpres 01-21-2016 09:05 AM

Roller shade adjustment video

Just putzing around this morning and found this U Tube video on how to adjust roller shades on the newer Challengers. Short and sweet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6UaNeWVzCU

ctpres 01-21-2016 09:46 AM

#79 Denver Weekender mattress that came with our Challenger was OK in the the beginning - but as the number of nights increased it would not recover during the day. We ended up with two valleys and a really big hump in the middle. Time for a change but finding 72 x 75 mattress we could actually test was almost impossible. Finally found a retailer in Houston that has their own on site manufacturing facility. We got to test nap the various spring and foam models. Finally found the one DW was happy with. Gave them some money and dimensions. Within a couple days our mattress was ready. Our custom made mattress has four different density two inch layers and a really comfy one inch on top. They have a parking lot with more than enough room for a really big rig with tow and will even install your new mattress in their parking lot or deliver it in the metro Houston area. We actually bought it in Oct 15 but I waited till we had a couple months of use to report. VERY happy campers now.
If your looking for a custom built mattress try these folks - they did a great job for us.

TEXAS MATTRESS MAKERS
4619 Navigation Blvd
Houston, TX 77011
713-341-6252

--