iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

DSheets 03-15-2016 07:31 AM

Big Daddy- What did you use as a tv mount? I.ve been thinking of doing the same thing.

bigdaddy5120 03-16-2016 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSheets (Post 2978334)
Big Daddy- What did you use as a tv mount? I.ve been thinking of doing the same thing.

I used this Robot Check

FYI -It does make the TV stick out about 4 inches when it pushed back, good trade off to me.

Webman9113 03-16-2016 05:34 AM

For those who are looking to buy a new Challenger, I just wanted to pass on our experience on pricing. You don't necessarily have to travel a long way to a dealer offering a good/better price than your local dealer: many dealers will match the price of a competitor, even if that competitor isn't even in the same state. We shopped around on-line and got a "best price quote" from a dealer in Texas (we live in Florida). We then forwarded the email with the price quote to our local dealer, a Camping World that is authorized to sell Challengers. They not only happily met the price (which, as I recall, was something like $30K or $40K off their own "best price"), but threw in a free combo washer-dryer, as well.

sbleiweiss 03-17-2016 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 2979504)
For those who are looking to buy a new Challenger, I just wanted to pass on our experience on pricing. You don't necessarily have to travel a long way to a dealer offering a good/better price than your local dealer: many dealers will match the price of a competitor, even if that competitor isn't even in the same state. We shopped around on-line and got a "best price quote" from a dealer in Texas (we live in Florida). We then forwarded the email with the price quote to our local dealer, a Camping World that is authorized to sell Challengers. They not only happily met the price (which, as I recall, was something like $30K or $40K off their own "best price"), but threw in a free combo washer-dryer, as well.

Wasn't our experience with the local CW in IL. Just shows you how much they vary. Imagine if you didn't know what you would get when you went into a McDonald's and ordered a Big Mac.

Rustynail462 03-17-2016 10:57 AM

Thanks Webman, will keep it in mind, have found a few good dealers price wise around and at the same time, found some that there after sale service not so hot. We live in Manitoba Canada, no major dealers with any inventories anywhere near us. So a long drive or flight will be in order when we do purchase. I'm sure we will get a good price when we do buy, our concern is after, getting repairs done in a reasonable time frame do to our home base location in Manitoba. We are reading lots and this site is awesome in providing information.

Webman9113 03-18-2016 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2980833)
Wasn't our experience with the local CW in IL. Just shows you how much they vary. Imagine if you didn't know what you would get when you went into a McDonald's and ordered a Big Mac.

Completely agree! You'd think with a company that big, an exec would be taking a look at some of the many issues customers have had and given an appropriate beating to the CW service departments that were involved. :mad:

Webman9113 03-18-2016 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rustynail462 (Post 2981117)
Thanks Webman, will keep it in mind, have found a few good dealers price wise around and at the same time, found some that there after sale service not so hot. We live in Manitoba Canada, no major dealers with any inventories anywhere near us. So a long drive or flight will be in order when we do purchase. I'm sure we will get a good price when we do buy, our concern is after, getting repairs done in a reasonable time frame do to our home base location in Manitoba. We are reading lots and this site is awesome in providing information.

One thing that I'm going to be looking into shortly for some repairs our 37KT needs before we head out this summer is having a mobile repair service come out. We happen to have a couple around where we live, and they've both gotten very good ratings. Sure, they probably can't replace a nose cap or take out a slide, but for a lot of the more typical maintenance/repair items (both for the coach and chassis) I'm hoping they'll do okay. We had a far less than stellar experience at a local repair center (which is a BIG one), and while another local dealer did okay on the maintenance issues we had, they really ripped us off in buying another rig a few years ago (my fault, really - we were in a bind and I let them take advantage) and I'm not really inclined to give them any more business. :(

Rascal55 03-19-2016 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rustynail462 (Post 2981117)

We also live in Manitoba. We purchased new in 2013, 37KT, from Total Value RV in Elkhart Ind. We did some shopping in the Phoenix area, contacted Total Value for best price and purchased from them. We believe we got a good deal. Since then we have only had a few issues. One repair, (under warranty), was done in Minnesota on our trip south in 2014. The second major repair, a broken cable on big slide, was done by a mobile repair company in Mesa Az. We waited for the repair till we got there last Nov. While repairs in Manitoba are not convenient, we have not experienced major break downs to be very concerned. Our Challenger has done well.

Rustynail462 03-20-2016 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rascal55 (Post 2984560)
We also live in Manitoba. We purchased new in 2013, 37KT, from Total Value RV in Elkhart Ind. We did some shopping in the Phoenix area, contacted Total Value for best price and purchased from them. We believe we got a good deal. Since then we have only had a few issues. One repair, (under warranty), was done in Minnesota on our trip south in 2014. The second major repair, a broken cable on big slide, was done by a mobile repair company in Mesa Az. We waited for the repair till we got there last Nov. While repairs in Manitoba are not convenient, we have not experienced major break downs to be very concerned. Our Challenger has done well.

Thanks Rascal, love hearing your experience and love to talk more with you if poss. Very positive post that gives us some relief that we are on the right track... love to know more about your kt etc... call if you can please...

gavaman 03-20-2016 05:39 PM

White build up on house batteries

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavaman (Post 2807895)
I have mine plugged into a 50amp connection and a trickle charger on the house batteries. Could this be why, I don't need the trickle charger connected?

I am still getting the white build up on my house batteries compartment.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what is causing this still. I don't have a trickle charger on it for months now, just plugged in to a 50amp plug.

sbleiweiss 03-21-2016 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavaman (Post 2985875)
I am still getting the white build up on my house batteries compartment.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what is causing this still. I don't have a trickle charger on it for months now, just plugged in to a 50amp plug.

Put a copper penny on one of the batteries and the white build-up will stop. Replace the penny a couple of times a year.

gavaman 03-22-2016 04:24 PM

Penny

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2986513)
Put a copper penny on one of the batteries and the white build-up will stop. Replace the penny a couple of times a year.

Do I put the penny anywhere on the battery or on a positive or negative post?

ctpres 03-23-2016 06:56 AM

I give up!

Had our KT over a year now and still have not figured out why there is an outlet in the main slide corner cabinet. Three outlets on one wall: high for TV, just above cabinet and in the cabinet. Makes no sense to me and still can't think of any practical use for it. Has ayone found a good use for it?

sbleiweiss 03-23-2016 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavaman (Post 2988669)
Do I put the penny anywhere on the battery or on a positive or negative post?

Anywhere on the battery EXCEPT touching a post.