iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

Sanford 04-07-2016 06:45 AM

What is a TPO roof?

sbleiweiss 04-08-2016 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanford (Post 3011427)
What is a TPO roof?

Others can give a better answer, but it is one kind of rubber roof, as opposed to fiberglass. When you seal anything on that roof you want a sealant made for TPO roofs.

RVredneck 04-09-2016 09:37 AM

Hi everyone....we have 2014 KT. Doing some mods to outside TV cabinet.....where the heck is the TV plugged in to???? Looks like some surgery required to get at it.

KC 04-09-2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVredneck (Post 3014649)
Hi everyone....we have 2014 KT. Doing some mods to outside TV cabinet.....where the heck is the TV plugged in to???? Looks like some surgery required to get at it.

Try removing the back cushions on the couch for access.

KC

bigdaddy5120 04-09-2016 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVredneck (Post 3014649)

I think you find what you need here:https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/my-2...de-190970.html
I replaced the whole thing.

RVredneck 04-09-2016 10:50 AM

Thanks big daddy. You have confirmed what I was afraid to admit.....go big or go home.

bigdaddy5120 04-10-2016 06:01 AM

Does anybody know if the linoleum flooring in a 2014 runs under the carpet in the cockpit area ? I would like to remove the carpet for easier cleaning .

happycamperj 04-10-2016 03:06 PM

BigDaddy, I was just wondering if you have any problems pulling that Ford Edge. My 2014.5 GT has a 22,000 gross weight, and a 26,000 GCVW.

Anybody out there having issues with what to pull? I'm currently pulling a 2006 Honda CR-V, and plan on making trips out West, where steep grades will make a difference. I've not got a whole lot of wiggle room with all that I carry around, anyway !

bigdaddy5120 04-10-2016 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happycamperj (Post 3016537)
BigDaddy, I was just wondering if you have any problems pulling that Ford Edge. My 2014.5 GT has a 22,000 gross weight, and a 26,000 GCVW.

Anybody out there having issues with what to pull? I'm currently pulling a 2006 Honda CR-V, and plan on making trips out West, where steep grades will make a difference. I've not got a whole lot of wiggle room with all that I carry around, anyway !

I have had no issues towing the edge. I have towed it in the smokey mountains without issue .

bigdaddy5120 04-14-2016 07:56 PM

I just had the recall on my steps completed today. Here is a picture of the fix I borrowed from another thread .https://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot...272f0002d6.jpg

bigben 04-16-2016 07:34 AM

happycamperj - we made a 7500 mile coast to coast trip pulling our Ford Explorer with only 1 real lesson learned. GET A GOOD SUPPLEMENTARY BRAKE SYSTEM!!! We started out with a Blue Ox Autostop - JUNK for the steep mountains in places like 10 Sleep Wyoming. Just wasn't helping enough - if any. So I got a Brake Buddy Classic - problem solved. You can easily adjust the sensitivity and it is an easy setup.

Other than that - the V10 handled everything we threw at it.

Best advise we've got except - enjoy it. It is an amazing way to travel.

tedgard01 04-16-2016 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigben (Post 3025194)
happycamperj - we made a 7500 mile coast to coast trip pulling our Ford Explorer with only 1 real lesson learned. GET A GOOD SUPPLEMENTARY BRAKE SYSTEM!!! We started out with a Blue Ox Autostop - JUNK for the steep mountains in places like 10 Sleep Wyoming. Just wasn't helping enough - if any. So I got a Brake Buddy Classic - problem solved. You can easily adjust the sensitivity and it is an easy setup.

Other than that - the V10 handled everything we threw at it.

Best advise we've got except - enjoy it. It is an amazing way to travel.

I was just wondering if you use the Tow / Haul button as an assistance to the braking system?

If you don't use this on a regular basis, you may want to try it out. When stoping and/or going down 12 to 14% grades, like in Utah and Colorado it made a great difference. A quick step on the break engages the grade brake, and another will shift down again for a great assistance in stopping or holding you back on the grades.

On the other hand, it will also assist on gradual upgrades to prevent downshifting to a lower gear too quickly, and this is specifically helpful while using the cruise control.

I leave the Tow / Haul button on as the default versus pushing it when needed. It has been invaluable with a few needs to stop quickly and unexpectedly.

Just a thought, but you may already have used this option...

tedgard01 04-16-2016 04:05 PM

Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddy5120 (Post 3023381)
I just had the recall on my steps completed today. Here is a picture of the fix I borrowed from another thread... [/IMG]

Hi BigDaddy,

My steps went out prior to the recall. Which I am happy for that. The covered the replacement under the warranty, but when they did, the determined that the mechanism was insufficient, even when replacing the gear mechanism. They ended up replacing the entire steps with a new type deployment mechanism that is a bar vs gear, and appears to be far superior over the retrofit of the recall fix.

bigben 04-17-2016 06:51 AM

tedgard01 - absolutely did use the Tow/Haul function but we found the mountains complete with 7% grades and switchback to be more than I wanted to tax the coach brakes to do. Also, when you hit the dreaded short green light the tow/haul is invaluable. And I do like the sight of the toad's brake indicator lite coming on telling me the toad is taking care of stopping itself.