iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

bigdaddy5120 04-21-2016 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddy5120 (Post 3027275)
Where is a good place to buy wiper blades ? Mine has 31 inch blades on it but man these are expensive ! Could I just change to cheaper 28 inch blade ?

Update: I put the duralast 28" wiper blades to replace the stock 31" blades and they seemed to work great .

bigdaddy5120 04-21-2016 05:42 PM

I completed a couple of small mods this past weekend .

1) added a 12v power socket to driver's side
2) mounted my GPS in the Ipod slot( can be removed to use in the car also)
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot...b9d764aad5.jpg
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot...bc949121d8.jpg

rvbunz 04-22-2016 05:58 AM

Front sway bar

Are you using the front roadmaster sway bar in conjunction with the oem sway bar from Ford?

IrihRed 04-23-2016 01:48 PM

New to a '16 37KT, where is the switch for the tow/haul function? Must admit I have not read the myriad of materials in the black bag from Thor yet.

LyonsL 04-23-2016 02:26 PM

Installed RV SnapPads on the leveling jacks

1 Attachment(s)
Installed these new jack pads today, easy peasy. No more reaching under the coach to manually set pads when setting up!

Automatic RV Leveling Jack Pads - RV SnapPad

IrihRed 04-23-2016 02:57 PM

Drove my new baby home towing my toad!

Took delivery 4/12 of '16 37KT at CW in Ft Myers. I was very pleased with walk thru and indoctrination, and using my 5 page check list I felt comfortable that all systems worked and things were in order. We had planned to stay overnight or longer at CW as we wanted to add 2 additional house batteries, had to set up tow dolly etc. and had some needed RV purchases to take care of. The next morning having our coffee outside, Mike walked around unit and saw a hinge on the big cable slide that didn't look right (one screw missing, one askew, and off kilter looking like it could pull off slide momentarily!). I then proceeded to take a shower to get the day going, turned out kitchen floor area also got water from my shower. Went to service and told to bring over right away. Great, went to pull in slides and front couch slide bound forward and went crooked. Service then came out to get coach and drove it over with that slide out! Turns out these were all QC Thor problems that should have been handled b4 leaving plant. Oh well, I expected some issues and we had a few. CW couldn't have been better! Came back after weekend stayed over night, took a shower, checked slides numerous times and now a Happy Camper loving my new 37KT. Drove home (135 mi) for first time towing a toad on a dolly, great experience, couldn't feel the tow. So now for a few newbie Challenger questions for all of you. I thought the 2016/6sp F53 chassis was suppose to be improved with many of the mods you all talk about, but I found it very susceptible to wind and big trucks and wallowing around corners etc. (My 76 GMC Eleganza that I had for many years in CO in the eighties drove much better, I know 28' and a much diff vehicle!). So what mods should I consider on a 2016 chassis? Also when off shore power and driving what settings should I use (and where) to keep the Fridge on? With 4 batteries and the inverter I should have plenty of juice. Now we must have XM and a RV GPS what are the best ways to add and hookup? Another question, as we might kill each other hand washing dishes etc., has anyone put a dishwasher drawer in the lower area of the pantry since it is plumbed with water and drain for a washer? This may be a lot for one post but I am a newbie, please bear with me and know I really appreciate your advice and input! PS:I will post some pics of our new 37KT in another thread. To recap my questions:
1) What mods should I make to the 2016 f53 chassis to stabilize?
2) Off power what settings to keep fridge on when driving?
3) Dishwasher drawer in lower area of pantry?
4) XM & RV GPS, best ways to add and hook up?
Thanks in advance, you folks are the best!

Sanford 04-24-2016 05:06 AM

It is located on the end of the gear shift lever.

happycamperj 04-24-2016 05:37 AM

One more concern for a new Challenger owner:

Irih Red, I have one more concern that seems to be overlooked by some Challenger owners. If yours has the 22,000 lb GVW, with a GCVW of 26,000 lbs, does that not mean that you only have 4,000 lbs for your toad and all other carry on items, including passengers, propane , etc.? I know the Challenger will pull a heavier car or truck, but is that not a real safety concern, much less a warranty issue if there are other problems that arise?

sbleiweiss 04-24-2016 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrihRed (Post 3036193)
New to a '16 37KT, where is the switch for the tow/haul function? Must admit I have not read the myriad of materials in the black bag from Thor yet.

On the 5 speed it is on the end of the shift lever. Don't know if it changed with the 6 speed or not.

sbleiweiss 04-24-2016 07:28 AM

[QUOTE= To recap my questions:
2) Off power what settings to keep fridge on when driving?
3) Dishwasher drawer in lower area of pantry?
4) XM & RV GPS, best ways to add and hook up?
Thanks in advance, you folks are the best![/QUOTE]

2 Turn on inverter. On ours it is on side wall of stair well. While driving the alternator will keep your house batteries charged and your extra batteries are not needed. They will be nice for boondocking though.
3 Would rather use the space for W/D.
4 DW has XM installed but I don't know much about it. I know the receiver/antenna thingy is on the dash near the windshield and she faces it south as best she can. Music comes through the built in radio and speakers.

sbleiweiss 04-24-2016 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyonsL (Post 3036240)
Installed these new jack pads today, easy peasy. No more reaching under the coach to manually set pads when setting up!

So these just basically lengthen each jack arm? Let us know how they work and whether they hold up.

bigdaddy5120 04-24-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyonsL (Post 3036240)

I just might have to get a set of these ! Keep us updated . Thanks for the information .

wldracing 04-24-2016 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 3034159)
Are you using the front roadmaster sway bar in conjunction with the oem sway bar from Ford?

If you are replying to my post, then yes upgraded to the roadmaster in the front and did the CHF in the back with the OEM from Ford sway bar.

ctpres 04-24-2016 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrihRed (Post 3036264)

Bet the trip home was empty weight. Would not rush to changes until you load her up, get weighed and set tire pressure to mfg's table for each axel. Then make a trip or two and I bet there will be a big difference