iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

john109 03-17-2013 05:37 AM

Don go to You Tube and type in
Schwintek In-Wall Slide System (Trouble Shooting Tips) By Lippert Components

Also if you just type in Schwintek slide outs you will get several good how to videos.

DGShaffer 03-17-2013 06:51 AM

Thanks John! I'll do that now.

Here's a link to a RV service center review site. I honestly just looked it up as a response your your post. I added a review for the Camping world i use since there wasn't one, it wasn't listed.

Good call!
RV Service Reviews

DGShaffer 03-17-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john109 (Post 1498686)
Don go to You Tube and type in
Schwintek In-Wall Slide System (Trouble Shooting Tips) By Lippert Components

Also if you just type in Schwintek slide outs you will get several good how to videos.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was a little surprised at how simple it is. Since there are 4 racks I guess tyhere's a shaft running to both drive gears being driven by a single motor on each side. I was under the impression that there were 4 motors. In the video he only disconnects the one motor so I guess you repeat it on the other end of the slide.

Great information!!!! :thumb:

john109 03-17-2013 08:26 AM

Don Thats exactly how it works two motors driving two rods driving four tracks. I had issues with my right side and the service guys at the dealership disconnected my forward motor until I could get home. I eventually found some broken wires on the harness ended being my problem. I ended up pushing the slide all the way out and measured each end to make sure it was square and dropped the motor back into it proper position and retracted it. Another neat thing about these slides is the motors will run contiuously there are no stops in the motor itself. So as long as you keep the box square they are fairly easy to rig. Just make sure the motor is secured properly as it will twist under the torque of the slide moving. (I found that out the hard way I thought I could ops check without securing the motor no can do). It has been fine ever since. after watching the you tube videos these are a far cry from my old slide on my class C.

Thanks for the review sites I will check it out.
John

john109 03-17-2013 12:27 PM

Guys I have a new issue just found it today. My ABS light is staying on I read a bunch of threads most said pull sensor clean and reinstall I pulled both rears and they look new. I only have 1700 miles on RV I put my code reader on there and zero codes are coming up. I guess i will ohm out seensors and see what I get. But I was wondering anyone has come across this and what they found. Thanks

camaromance 03-17-2013 01:13 PM

John, in every case I have ever had a problem with ABS, it's always been the wheel speed sensor. Usually, they're dirty and need a shot of WD40 and some dielectric grease on the contacts. I use a smear of that grease on everything electrical, headlights, outside bulbs, battery terminals, everything. It keeps the dirt out and always ensures a good electrical connection, especially on loose ones.

john109 03-17-2013 03:55 PM

Jim
Thanks for the info I too use die electric grease on every electrical connection. I have been messing around with ABS all day and thinking about what might have brought it on. And when we were about to get a storm about a month back I moved the RV closer to my house and away from some big trees I was afraid may come down on it. And when I was moving it back to where I keep it I got stuck and spun the tires a little bit nothing real crazy. Now I am wondering if that may have played a role in this I don't remember seeing the light on back then. But it could have been. I also noticed today that when I turn off the rv and then turn the key on all the dash lights work as advertised. And when I start the rv all the lights go out even the ABS light like it is supposed to. But a second later the ABS light comes on and a I hear a clicking sound I believe is coming from under the dash. Maybe even in the engine bay. :banghead: Any ideas would greatly be appreciated. Like I said I did pull the back sensors my thinking was those were the wheels I spun and maybe I would see something obvious. But they were clean and I slid them back in I guess I will ohm out the harness's next. They are out in the open and easy to access. I think I said this earlier I did put my code checker on and it said no faults found. thanks guys

DGShaffer 03-17-2013 05:40 PM

Have you driven around at all since? My bikes need a few revolutions to reset. That's all I got?

john109 03-17-2013 08:04 PM

Don I have not taken it out but I will one night this week. hopefully after a few miles it will clear itself. If not I will ohm out the sensors they are easily accessible. Thanks guys for the input weekend's over back to the rock pile.:facepalm:

DGShaffer 03-18-2013 05:02 AM

If they don't reset in a few foreword revolutions I doubt they will so don't go crazy with the drive. Good luck with it and hopefully it'll go away.

papa d 03-18-2013 11:09 AM

Like Jim Estes we purhased a 2012 Thor Challenger from Camping World in Statesville, NC. Just outstanding service from Brain Good and the entire staff both sales and service. A very nice experience!

We love the Challenger but did have a few problems; the sofa latch broke which took some time to replace, the galley slide had to be serviced - it tore the floor and molding. The window wiper hoses broke and had to be replaced. The cameras were not connected and the TV's were not connected.

Our first trip the radiator hose came loose - we lost all antifreeze and had to pull over on the freeway and wait for emergency service.

All the problems are now resolved and we are enjoying oue unit. I would think that Thor sould rethink their inspection service!!!

Papa D

DGShaffer 03-18-2013 11:27 AM

As John suggested, I posted a link to a RV service center review site. I think maintaining a site like that is beneficial to everyone. I listed my experience and I encourage everyone to do the same.

john109 03-18-2013 03:13 PM

Nice to meet you Papa D. its great to hear of another good dealership. I think its a good thing when people come on this thread (thanks Don) and tell there issues especially Challenger people. I know I will be checking my radiator hoses now. I sent a letter to Thor regarding all the screws, wire ties and saw dust I have found when I have dug into some problems. They apologized but I doubt much will come of it. The one thing I have noticed on this thread is that every Challenger owner on here is happy with there unit. I think we have very good machines that need tweeking once in a while. And the more people we get with different issues the smarter we all get and hopefully head problems off before they happen.

Don I have a 20 yard long drive way and my neighbor has a tree down across the street so its hard for me to even get the RV out. I tried backing as far as I could a few times but no luck. I read somewhere I may have to drive 3 to 5 miles. Its not like its a show stopper I would be comfortable taking it for a weekend get away.

DGShaffer 03-18-2013 05:35 PM

Hey "D"... sorry for glazing over your post. I'll second the welcome from John to the thread. I'm thinking I'll check my hoses as well. Glad to hear you're happy with your Challenger. My couch latch was broken as well. Hopefully that's all that was wrong and that is wrong.

Thor has really gone the distance with their commitment to quality over the last couple of years. For the money Thor is a really competitive unit. The differences between my 08 Outlaw and this 2013 Challenger are really astounding. I would think we would be hard pressed to find another coach in this price range that is built as well, that has as good a quality and customer service record as Thor.

As far as the little things that go wrong, think about having your home withstand 60 - 70 mph winds for hours on end while having the ground under it tremble and shake at the same time. Considering that, I think we're lucky that more doesn't go wrong with them.

Hey John,

I'm with you on the driveway ordeal. I can only get into mine from one direction. I have walls on both sides so I have to miss the front corner that I can't see and the exhaust pipe with every try. I have to position it just right when preparing to back out, then stand up to see over my neighbors hedges to check for traffic and back out without hitting the walls or backing into a street sign on the far side of the road. :dance: