iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

rvbunz 05-16-2016 07:47 PM

New LED exterior lights
 
2 Attachment(s)
Added blue led lights to my galley slide under the awning. Ran the lead to the power control that I installed in the top of the refrigerator compartment. Ran the power cord down inside the compartment and plugged into refrigerator socket. Easy 30 minute or so mod.

M72561 05-17-2016 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyonsL (Post 3070851)
M72561, there is 14" between the back of my plywood pieces and the cabinet (lots of good storage). The front of the plywood extends 9-1/4" over the slide platform. When the recliners are bolted in place, the front of the recliner frame is aligned with the front lip of the plywood.

I used nine #12 x 1-1/2" sheet metal screws to anchor each piece of plywood to the floor. I used #12 x 2" sheet metal screws to attach the rear frame of the recliners to the plywood. I used 1/4" x 1-1/2" bolts & washers to attach the front frame of the recliners to the plywood.

I have two suggestions for you. Before the final install of the recliners...

First, I bent out the retaining clips on the backs of the recliners so they do not "lock" into place when installed. Now I can easily lift and remove the backs to gain access to the storage between the cabinet and the recliners.

Second, I painted (black) pieces of 3/4" x 2-1/2" pine trim and glued them to the exposed frame of the slide floor with "quick grip" construction adhesive. I also painted the front edges of the plywood pieces. Now it looks great with the recliners installed.

Larry,
Thanks for all the great tips.I will take some measurements today.When I laid my plywood at about a 9" overhang my chairs were no where near close to reclining fully.Thanks again

sbleiweiss 05-17-2016 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 3070303)
Quick question for anyone with a 2014.5 37KT: is there a second water pump switch, other than the one on the main panel in the hallway?

Nope. Just the one.

sbleiweiss 05-17-2016 08:44 AM

Living Room TV - How to get behind?
 
The LR TV is mounted on a mount that has two levers that appear to be intended to allow the TV to pivot so you can reach the ports on the back side. When we pull the levers nothing happens; the tv cannot move. Anyone know how to get behind this thing?

LyonsL 05-17-2016 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 3072022)
The LR TV is mounted on a mount that has two levers that appear to be intended to allow the TV to pivot so you can reach the ports on the back side. When we pull the levers nothing happens; the tv cannot move. Anyone know how to get behind this thing?

I'm not sure which mount you have but those levers should "unlock" the TV mount so you can lift or separate the TV from the mount.

Webman9113 05-17-2016 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 3071307)
Added blue led lights to my galley slide under the awning. Ran the lead to the power control that I installed in the top of the refrigerator compartment. Ran the power cord down inside the compartment and plugged into refrigerator socket. Easy 30 minute or so mod.

Slick! :-)

Webman9113 05-17-2016 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 3072022)
The LR TV is mounted on a mount that has two levers that appear to be intended to allow the TV to pivot so you can reach the ports on the back side. When we pull the levers nothing happens; the tv cannot move. Anyone know how to get behind this thing?

LyonsL is correct: the levers release the lower lock mechanism on the TV mount, then you lift the TV straight up, then away from the wall. It doesn't tilt or swivel at all.

Webman9113 05-17-2016 10:21 AM

Got the wifi router installed. Decided to mount it to the wall at the back of the washer/dryer/pantry cabinet - easy access to power and the basement, and it's out of sight. Ran the ethernet cable to the compartment directly below. I was planning to run the cable under the coach all the way to the rear ladder, where I'll have the outdoor access point (a Nanostation) velcroed to our FlagpoleBuddy (only when parked, obviously), but there's not a lot of easy attachment spots under there. Until I get that figured out, I'll just keep the cable coiled up and store it and the Nanostation in the compartment below the washer cabinet, then just unroll the cable and set up on the pole when we camp.

https://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot...27d5f61cc7.jpg

Tunes 05-17-2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 3072208)
Got the wifi router installed. Decided to mount it to the wall at the back of the washer/dryer/pantry cabinet - easy access to power and the basement, and it's out of sight. Ran the ethernet cable to the compartment directly below. I was planning to run the cable under the coach all the way to the rear ladder, where I'll have the outdoor access point (a Nanostation) velcroed to our FlagpoleBuddy (only when parked, obviously), but there's not a lot of easy attachment spots under there. Until I get that figured out, I'll just keep the cable coiled up and store it and the Nanostation in the compartment below the washer cabinet, then just unroll the cable and set up on the pole when we camp.

https://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot...27d5f61cc7.jpg


How is the nanostation working out? I have been looking to get that setup. Do you have the Loco or the more powerful one?
Seems like a great location for the Gateway router. How's signal strength with it in the pantry closet?

Sorry for so many questions but I am really interested in this setup and wanting to make sure I get the right setup and install best way. Been looking at the nanostation and the bullet both by same company. I Only want to spend the money once.
Thanks

Webman9113 05-17-2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunes (Post 3072699)
How is the nanostation working out? I have been looking to get that setup. Do you have the Loco or the more powerful one?
Seems like a great location for the Gateway router. How's signal strength with it in the pantry closet?

Sorry for so many questions but I am really interested in this setup and wanting to make sure I get the right setup and install best way. Been looking at the nanostation and the bullet both by same company. I Only want to spend the money once.
Thanks

No worries about the questions! :-)

I can't give a fair evaluation of the setup yet, as we haven't used it "for real." However, in my impromptu tests around the house, the system certainly seemed to work quite well.

I'm using an Airgateway-LR inside (that's what you see in the pic) to get some extra gain, connected to a Nanostation LocoM2. I found a great how-to on the Outside Our Bubble blog that made setup a snap. The two devices together were about $90 from Amazon. I don't have an accurate way to measure signal strength, but my iPhone has all "bars" lit everywhere in the rig. And having the router centrally located can't hurt.

I have an older Bullet and a higher gain antenna, but didn't feel like rigging an antenna mount for it. The Nanostation is much handier, and I can just velcro it to our FlagpoleBuddy. Also, it won't really matter much in many parks because the problem often isn't connecting to the park's access point, it's the lousy throughput on the far side.

amroll 05-17-2016 07:42 PM

Hey all! I have learned so much from everyone here, as I have waited for my coach (a 2017 LX) to arrive. Well, it has finally hit the dealer, so I am getting close. I asked to have two additional batteries (of the same kind and size already installed) added to allow a bit more (easier?) dry camping. The service guy said:
1. The batteries will not charge the residential fridge - I know this is not true, as several of you boondock with a residential fridge.
2. The system is only set up to charge two batteries, so adding additional ones won't help.

I'm inclined to just hold on any battery mods for now (was also going to install pro-fill) and look for someone who can better assist, but would appreciate any thoughts from those who are already doing this, so I don't make a mistake. I'm not an engineer and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Thank you!

okiefrank 05-18-2016 12:38 AM

I have a 2013 37GT which I put 2 more 6 volt batteries under the hood in from of the cross frame, they hook up with the factory batteries and I also had 2, 80watt solar panels on the roof. We have plenty of juice for the week end, our refer is not the residential style it is gas and elect.

Webman9113 05-18-2016 06:06 AM

Camping chair recommendations?
 
My wife and I are in the market for some new camping chairs, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations specifically for shorter folks (my wife is 5' 2")? The gravity chairs we had are just too darn heavy and don't lock in place very well, and most of the more typical fold-up camping chairs leave my wife's feet dangling, and sometimes cut off the circulation in the back of my legs, too...

Webman9113 05-18-2016 11:05 AM

I make no claim to being a battery expert, but I *do* know that the residential fridges run off the inverter, which draws power from the house batteries. The charging system should handle four, it just may not charge them as quickly. Also, I'm not sure about your LX, but just eyeballing the factory battery tray in our 2014.5 KT, it looks like it would be large enough to hold four batteries. In fact, I vaguely recall someone on here who added a pair like that.

Anyway, I think you probably need to find a new service guy! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by amroll (Post 3073051)
Hey all! I have learned so much from everyone here, as I have waited for my coach (a 2017 LX) to arrive. Well, it has finally hit the dealer, so I am getting close. I asked to have two additional batteries (of the same kind and size already installed) added to allow a bit more (easier?) dry camping. The service guy said:
1. The batteries will not charge the residential fridge - I know this is not true, as several of you boondock with a residential fridge.
2. The system is only set up to charge two batteries, so adding additional ones won't help.

I'm inclined to just hold on any battery mods for now (was also going to install pro-fill) and look for someone who can better assist, but would appreciate any thoughts from those who are already doing this, so I don't make a mistake. I'm not an engineer and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Thank you!



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.