iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

ctpres 06-01-2016 08:05 PM

Squave wave to audio device problem

Just bought new sound bar with much better sound and wireless sub so sub can be anywhere. Great sale price. After hours of troubleshooting discovered sound bar did not like square wave power from inverter. HUM even at lowest audio level. Be sure whatever electronics that is going on the inverter can be returned if you have same problem.

Webman9113 06-02-2016 06:27 AM

The living room in our KT is finally back together! This shows the new "backsplash" behind the TV after I moved it down to a better viewing position. FYI, the sound bar is a Vizio SB3821W-C6 2.1 with wireless subwoofer (picked it up at Costco). The sound is *awesome*! I secured it to the desktop with a couple L brackets, and the subwoofer is behind our new recliners in the aft corner of the slide.

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...14&oe=57DA0A58

On the to-do list for today is the CHF, changing the oil in the engine and generator, getting the RViBrake Towed Battery Charger installed and tested, and replacing the battery in our Patriot auxiliary braking system.

We'll be leaving for Yellowstone the day after tomorrow. Yikes!

ctpres 06-02-2016 06:48 AM

Webman - TV looks great. BTW I got same soundbar and from Costco. Was planning to just return it. Now maybe I will try another. It is great sound even with the hum. A little disapointed that you didn't go with the backlighted favorite picture. I was really looking fwd to that one.

Webman9113 06-02-2016 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 3096186)
Webman - TV looks great. BTW I got same soundbar and from Costco. Was planning to just return it. Now maybe I will try another. It is great sound even with the hum. A little disapointed that you didn't go with the backlighted favorite picture. I was really looking fwd to that one.

Well, we were going to put up a pic over the TV, but DW liked the stone so much she decided not to!

You know, we had a constant hum with the original sound bar that I was never able to trace/fix. Don't have it at all with this one - and hopefully it'll stay that way!

Today I changed the oil in the engine and generator (the generator oil was nasty - way overdue), filled the battery in the engine compartment, checked fluid levels and the air filters. Then I took a shot at greasing the steering assembly. Good grief, I was a hot stinking mess after that, LOL! But I got all the lube points except one on the driver's side - have to wait until I've got it up on the jacks a bit, as I couldn't get the grease gun onto the zerk.

Oh, and I was going to do the CHF, but decided to wait. I was a bit concerned about the clearance on the driver's side between the bar/strut and the big mounting bracket that is just above it. Meant to get a pic to post to show what I mean, but forgot. Will try to get one tomorrow.

We leave for Yellowstone day after tomorrow!

Webman9113 06-02-2016 02:35 PM

Wiper Blades

Dang, I meant to ask this earlier: does anyone know off the top of their heads what to get for replacement wiper blade?

rvbunz 06-03-2016 03:33 AM

Wiper blades

The only place I could find the correct one was at camping world.

Webman9113 06-03-2016 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 3097699)
The only place I could find the correct one was at camping world.

Thanks! Turns out I ran down to the nearest RV dealership and grabbed a pair, but jeez, those things are pricey!

LyonsL 06-03-2016 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 3098422)
Thanks! Turns out I ran down to the nearest RV dealership and grabbed a pair, but jeez, those things are pricey!

Pricey indeed! I keep mine covered when we're not driving the coach. They last a lot longer that way.

By the way, the new recliners have been road tested and received two thumbs up :thumb::thumb:! Very comfy... hard to stay awake some evenings when watching TV.

Webman9113, have a safe trip to Yellowstone! We'll be out there in August / September. Really looking forward to the trip!

Webman9113 06-03-2016 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyonsL (Post 3098799)
Pricey indeed! I keep mine covered when we're not driving the coach. They last a lot longer that way.

By the way, the new recliners have been road tested and received two thumbs up :thumb::thumb:! Very comfy... hard to stay awake some evenings when watching TV.

Webman9113, have a safe trip to Yellowstone! We'll be out there in August / September. Really looking forward to the trip!

Yes, I need to get covers for both the wipers and the tires. Plan to order some to reach us on the road. We've field tested our recliners in the storage lot (where we have power so we can run the AC), and we're ready for deployment!

Thanks - we'll try to not cause too much havoc on the road, although with us you can never tell... :D

rvbunz 06-04-2016 04:35 AM

Yellowstone

Larry,
Are you going to be at Yellowstone in Aug? We are traveling out that way starting around the 9th of Aug. Stopping at Badlands area, Devils Tower then Yellowstone. Maybe will run into you.

QUOTE=LyonsL;3098799]Pricey indeed! I keep mine covered when we're not driving the coach. They last a lot longer that way.

Webman9113, have a safe trip to Yellowstone! We'll be out there in August / September. Really looking forward to the trip![/QUOTE]

LyonsL 06-04-2016 10:54 AM

Yellowstone

[QUOTE=rvbunz;3099171]Larry,
Are you going to be at Yellowstone in Aug? We are traveling out that way starting around the 9th of Aug. Stopping at Badlands area, Devils Tower then Yellowstone. Maybe will run into you.
[QUOTE=LyonsL;3098799]

rvbunz, we'll be in Dearborn, MI @ the Ford Museum from Aug. 11 - 14 and then out to the Badlands, Devil's Tower, etc. from there. Looks like we'll be about a week behind you. We're stopping at numerous places on the way to Yellowstone and won't get to Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park until Aug. 28. Then Jackson Hole and back east from there. We won't get to the iRV2 Rally until Tuesday, Sept. 13.

djwatts 06-04-2016 04:21 PM

Rock Guard

Can someone tell me if I need to purchase a 20" or 16" rock/splash guard for my 2015 Thor Challenger 37TB? It's currently at Camping World for repair for the 5th time in a year so I can't measure it.

cathor 06-04-2016 05:59 PM

Say I am trying to get a Windgaurd traveler dish on our 2014 HT Challenger. It is prewired for satellite with the box for sat/cable/antenna. There is supposed to be a cable on the roof where they can connect to the dish. Does anyone know where this is or how they connect the dish?

handyman1943 06-05-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cathor (Post 3100195)
Say I am trying to get a Windgaurd traveler dish on our 2014 HT Challenger. It is prewired for satellite with the box for sat/cable/antenna. There is supposed to be a cable on the roof where they can connect to the dish. Does anyone know where this is or how they connect the dish?

On my 2013KT, there is a "dummy" sewer vent cover on the roof towards the left front of the unit. I'm told that under it is the cable for the dish. Check with your dealer to be sure. Good luck and happy traveling!