iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

TechNot 06-11-2016 05:41 AM

Replacing the modified wave sine inverter with a pure (true) sine inverter will have a huge impact on your electronics operating properly, being reliable and lasting a long time, and even get rid of that awful humming sound. I would recommend looking around as there are many great pure sine inverters out there.

Me personally, I intend to remove the built in Xanrex 1800W modified sine wave and converter with this combo unit. According to the electronics diagram, the charger is right under the bed. That would be annoying hearing the fan run.
2000 Watt Pure Sine Inverter Charger- UL

camato5 06-12-2016 04:33 AM

Replaced JRV212 Stereo/camera unit with new replacement after the JRV212 failed. My Good Sams extended warranty covered it. Jensen sent a JRV9000 as a replacement for the JVR212 because of all the problems everyone has had. JRV9000 is much nicer unit with GPS, Blue Tooth, added to the system.

ctpres 06-12-2016 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Techn0 (Post 3110159)
Replacing the modified wave sine inverter with a pure (true) sine inverter will have a huge impact on your electronics operating properly, being reliable and lasting a long time, and even get rid of that awful humming sound. I would recommend looking around as there are many great pure sine inverters out there.

Me personally, I intend to remove the built in Xanrex 1800W modified sine wave and converter with this combo unit. According to the electronics diagram, the charger is right under the bed. That would be annoying hearing the fan run.
2000 Watt Pure Sine Inverter Charger- UL

Not only under the bed - but in small enclosed space with heat generating water heater and no place for heated air to go. Heat and electronics is always a bad combination. Keep us posted with project details when you make the change. Posted price of $800 for sine wave inverter not bad.

ctpres 06-16-2016 05:22 PM

Thor - Thumbs - Up

Two times, two Class "A's" with recurring problems. One Damon with leveling system and a Challenger with slide issues. Thor steped up to the plate both times and agreed to cover repairs. That kind of service is worth a thousand words. We remain faithful and happy Thor customers. If a step up to diesel is ever in our future - It WILL be a Thor product - no questions asked.

gavaman 06-16-2016 06:36 PM

Can anyone tell me the use of the two outside speakers next to the compartment of the outside TV? I have a 2016 Challenger 37KT and can't seem to figure out how to turn these speakers on or if they even work with the outside TV.

marcdohc 06-16-2016 08:32 PM

They are from the stereo in the bedroom. A is for the speakers over the headboard and B is those speakers.

ctpres 06-18-2016 10:39 AM

Why?

Very happy with our KT. But after almost two years I still have unanswered questions. Our KT has a corner cabinet in the dine section. INSIDE the cabinet is a 110 outlet. That makes THREE outlets on the same small wall. Can anyone tell me why it is there or maybe what practical use you have found for it.

tedgard01 06-18-2016 09:46 PM

Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 3121118)
Very happy with our KT. But after almost two years I still have unanswered questions. Our KT has a corner cabinet in the dine section. INSIDE the cabinet is a 110 outlet. That makes THREE outlets on the same small wall. Can anyone tell me why it is there or maybe what practical use you have found for it.

Plugging something in... Just joking... But all the plugs in my GT are used for that... Just saying....

ctpres 06-19-2016 07:45 AM

Two different voices for speed warning

Had blank screen problem with our Jensen 212 radio and Thor replaced even thou it was about two months out of wty. Did a DIY R/R with the Jensen JRV215N. Easy Job. Tested all features and good to go - to good! I played with the nav system enough to decide our dash GPS was better suited to RV travels. Our dash GPS audio is thru radio. An hour or so down the road we get a speed warning with different voice. Happened again next day. Finally figured out that warning was coming from radio GPS even thou nav program was turned off. No matter what I did I could not shut that lady up. Days later I FIXED the problem by going into radio GPS options and turning off speed warning. Havn't heard from her since then.

Rsapp 06-19-2016 09:10 AM

Window Info

Real Scary Issue. On my trip back from the low country is SC we were driving down a two lane road and an oncoming Tractor-trailer threw a rock we think from the rear wheels of the tractor that rock hit the edge of the drivers side tinted window of the HEHR window not the sliding section but the fixed section at the top. I contacted my insurance company and they had Denver Systems contact me and they got the information on what window and my other information. They advised that the entire window will have to be replaced and it may take up to three weeks. I am very thankful I have Comprhensive coverage on the my motorhome since there is going to be a 0$ deductible for the replacement. The window itself is a double pane and it shattered but never fell out at least so far. I placed clear tape over the entire section since the RV will not be sitting idle for at least the next 2-3 weeks but that causes the replacement to be a mobile service or they will have to chase me down. Head4ed to NC for a week on Monday so I hope all will be well with the window during our journey until we can get it fixed.
Just wanted to let everyone know something else to look out for as you travel.

Russell

bigben 06-19-2016 09:21 AM

Rsapp - had something very similar happen to me on a trip to the West Coast with 3 grandkids with us. I used 1/4' plexiglass put into the hole, fastened it in the all four corners after drilling small holes. I then inserted 1/4' x 2 1/2" bolts with fender washer to fasten it in. Used windshield seal between the plexiglass and coach. Drove on for another 5500 miles through rain and heat. Biggest problem was I forgot how many people come up to the that window to talk. Here is the post on the Thor Forum. Driver side window - blows up - Thor Forums

Rsapp 06-19-2016 10:29 AM

Follow up

I can see a spot on the window where the rock hit this one. So I hope the shipping tape will hold until we can get back from all our outings, the inside part of the glass is not broken and the rain has not affected yet so I think we are good. I had to drive another 10 miles before I could stop and survey the damage and I was on the phone for a good while with Denver Systems to get all the info. I had to send them dimensions and pics so they can exactly match the window. I thought if you used the Motorhome number from the factory that it would tell the model and the size of the window that was used in the building of the motor home and there was only one style and size of the window by HEHR for a certain type of motorhome. Hope it only takes a short time for replacement.

Thanks for the information.

bigben 06-19-2016 11:20 AM

When ours blew out, the whole section was replaced. Thor covered it under warranty - never did determine why.

KC 06-19-2016 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 3121118)

My wife keeps her Keurig on that cabinet.

KC