iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

Webman9113 06-20-2016 07:52 AM

That looks pretty slick - might do the same with ours. Did the radio include all the harnesses to tie into the existing wiring? And what about navigation system updates?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 3122182)
Had blank screen problem with our Jensen 212 radio and Thor replaced even thou it was about two months out of wty. Did a DIY R/R with the Jensen JRV215N. Easy Job. Tested all features and good to go - to good! I played with the nav system enough to decide our dash GPS was better suited to RV travels. Our dash GPS audio is thru radio. An hour or so down the road we get a speed warning with different voice. Happened again next day. Finally figured out that warning was coming from radio GPS even thou nav program was turned off. No matter what I did I could not shut that lady up. Days later I FIXED the problem by going into radio GPS options and turning off speed warning. Havn't heard from her since then.


ctpres 06-20-2016 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 3123744)
That looks pretty slick - might do the same with ours. Did the radio include all the harnesses to tie into the existing wiring? And what about navigation system updates?

Harness no. They are available but did not come with ours. Just had to study both radio wire color codes. I am sure if I asked Thor they would have sent one - just did not want to wait. Re updates - yes. Micro SD card moved to computer as needed and free updates. Biggest positive difference for us has been hands free phone calls.

Webman9113 06-20-2016 07:13 PM

Cool! I'm putting this on my wish list... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 3123760)
Harness no. They are available but did not come with ours. Just had to study both radio wire color codes. I am sure if I asked Thor they would have sent one - just did not want to wait. Re updates - yes. Micro SD card moved to computer as needed and free updates. Biggest positive difference for us has been hands free phone calls.


LyonsL 06-23-2016 03:37 PM

Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer
 
I'm finally going to install the Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer on my coach. It does not appear to be a difficult job. For those of you that have already done so, do you have any tips, tricks or suggestions?

Don and Dale 06-23-2016 03:52 PM

Larry...
Prior to our trip, I did the install on our coach. The only issue I had was torquing the bracket bolts to 240 ft lbs (per their recommendations). I could only get the bolts torqued to ~175 ft pounds with the tools I had. I ended up taking it to Ford big truck dealer locally who did the torque for me. Outside of that, it was an easy install. Granted, I am not a Challenger owner so I hope I'm not out of line here. Hope it helps some.

ctpres 06-23-2016 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyonsL (Post 3129186)
I'm finally going to install the Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer on my coach. It does not appear to be a difficult job. For those of you that have already done so, do you have any tips, tricks or suggestions?

I'm 77 and had no problems so you are right it isn't hard. If you can't take coach on the road to mark steering wheel straight position, just run a string across rear wheel and front. When touching front and back of both tires wheels are pretty straight. Fine tuning will probably take more than one attempt to get it hands free straight. String method got it very driveable and first fine tune is even better but still a bit off. Found some differences between printed instructions and youtube video. Phone call did not help much. I think I ended up following printed pictures. Basically tube and arm parallel to ground or level. It does work - third trip thru Rockies and lots of flat land driving with no problem. Less stress driving.

LyonsL 06-24-2016 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don and Dale (Post 3129204)
Larry...
Prior to our trip, I did the install on our coach. The only issue I had was torquing the bracket bolts to 240 ft lbs (per their recommendations). I could only get the bolts torqued to ~175 ft pounds with the tools I had. I ended up taking it to Ford big truck dealer locally who did the torque for me. Outside of that, it was an easy install. Granted, I am not a Challenger owner so I hope I'm not out of line here. Hope it helps some.

Don, thanks for the info. I have (or can borrow) all the needed tools and my torque wrench goes up to 250 ft. lbs.

LyonsL 06-24-2016 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 3129514)
I'm 77 and had no problems so you are right it isn't hard. If you can't take coach on the road to mark steering wheel straight position, just run a string across rear wheel and front. When touching front and back of both tires wheels are pretty straight. Fine tuning will probably take more than one attempt to get it hands free straight. String method got it very driveable and first fine tune is even better but still a bit off. Found some differences between printed instructions and youtube video. Phone call did not help much. I think I ended up following printed pictures. Basically tube and arm parallel to ground or level. It does work - third trip thru Rockies and lots of flat land driving with no problem. Less stress driving.

ctpres, thanks for the tips. I plan to install on Tuesday before our trip to Ocean City, MD. We're going out west to Yellowstone, etc. in Aug. & Sept. and wanted to do something before that 4000 mile trip.

bigdaddy5120 07-06-2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 3094616)
Here are a couple pics of the "finalized" outside TV installation on our 37KT.

The TV is mounted on an Omnimount that can swing out, drop down, and turn, so you can position the TV so as to see it from just about any angle on the curb side of the rig.

https://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot...9b761e189b.jpg

To stow for travel, you just push it back into the enclosure, then secure it with two velcro straps that are pinned in place by the aluminum angle "shelf" I bolted to the original metal TV enclosure.

https://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot...57c3df6721.jpg

When I get more time, I'll cut away some of the unneeded bits of the metal housing and paint the innards black to pretty it up a bit, but for now it's functional and ready to travel...

What is the model of the mount ?

Webman9113 07-06-2016 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddy5120 (Post 3148825)
What is the model of the mount ?

It's the Omnimount PLAY20X. :)

ctpres 07-13-2016 07:57 AM

Our Summer Home
 
Have been to well over 200 RV parks and after less than two weeks at Mountian Views RV Park/Resort https://www.mountainviewsrv.com/ we decided to become an owner. This will be a totally different lifestyle for us. Look up Creede CO. and if your travels come close - stop in and visit. Our Challenger is the ONLY gas rig in the resort. Couple neighbors that have toured our KT can't believe it's gas. Once we get concrete pad and landscaping done I'll get back to my mod list.

sbleiweiss 07-14-2016 06:29 AM

Glad you found something you love. We did the same with Sedona AZ.

Rustynail462 07-14-2016 08:37 AM

Just wondering, pricing is from May to Sept... is it open year round...probably missed it some where there ???

ctpres 07-15-2016 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rustynail462 (Post 3160353)
Just wondering, pricing is from May to Sept... is it open year round...probably missed it some where there ???

Mountain Views is not open in the winter. May to Sep. is it.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.