iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

sbleiweiss 07-25-2016 08:26 AM

Agree about underinflation. That would explain the extra wear on the outer edges, but not the one tire wearing more than all the others. 85 pounds sounds light to me. We were following Thor's placard saying 90 pounds all around, but two different tire techs recommended 100 for the front. We compromised by carrying 95 in front, still 90 in back. I would still investigate the excessive wear on the one tire.

We had one shade fall off the same way. Thor sent us extra brackets to do the repair. The manufacturer recommends three brackets and Thor only put on two.

Webman9113 07-25-2016 11:14 AM

Hmm, okay, I'll give that a try - 95 in front and 90 in the rear before we leave our next stop. And yeah, I could understand both front tires being more worn, but not so unevenly. Regardless, I'll have someone check it out when we get home. One thing I didn't mention earlier was that the only thing not stock on the front end is a Safe-T-Plus stabilizer that LazyDays installed.

I certainly agree that even the smaller shades should have three brackets - those things are surprisingly heavy. Huh. I just took a look at the long blind in the dining room area - only 2 brackets, too. That thing should have four. Hmmm...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 3177773)
Agree about underinflation. That would explain the extra wear on the outer edges, but not the one tire wearing more than all the others. 85 pounds sounds light to me. We were following Thor's placard saying 90 pounds all around, but two different tire techs recommended 100 for the front. We compromised by carrying 95 in front, still 90 in back. I would still investigate the excessive wear on the one tire.

We had one shade fall off the same way. Thor sent us extra brackets to do the repair. The manufacturer recommends three brackets and Thor only put on two.

sbleiweiss 07-28-2016 09:29 AM

Schwintek Slide Problem

Finally happened to us. One of our Schwintek slides starting screwing up. Once we had to wait for a mobil tech for three days over a holiday weekend before being able to head out. We retimed the motors by holding the switch after it finished its cycle, and it worked maybe a dozen stops. Then it happened again. Front of slide would move freely but back would bind.

Took it to a local RV dealer who said if it needed parts they would have to order them, and we didn''t have time to wait. Still we had them look at it, and yay, they were able to fix without parts. Here is the story as I understand it.

First there are rivets holding the room in position. Those rivets broke, allowing the room to shift. The room was pushing against the rear motor. Every time the rear motor turned, the room was rubbing against the wires coming from the motor and finally tore the insulation and caused it to short out. They were able to rewrap the wires (solder maybe?) and get us on the road. Of course they had to replace the rivets too.

So far so good. My guess is that I broke them cutting a turn too short into a gas station and jumping a curb with the rear tire.

Rsapp 08-03-2016 12:50 PM

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT

What is the bulb size on the fixture over the dining table and is it screw out or do they have the pins that you push in and twist? I had one blow this morning and I don't want the bulb to break to take it out so I thought if someone had replaced theirs they could help.

Thanks,

gavaman 08-03-2016 06:32 PM

Does anyone know what type of Washer and Dryer would fit into a 2016 Challenger 37Kt? Would it have to be a a washer/dryer all in one or separate? Any idea on the cost and best place to buy the item?

Webman9113 08-04-2016 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rsapp (Post 3192071)
What is the bulb size on the fixture over the dining table and is it screw out or do they have the pins that you push in and twist? I had one blow this morning and I don't want the bulb to break to take it out so I thought if someone had replaced theirs they could help.

Thanks,

On our 2014.5 KT the dining room bulbs are the pin type; I don't know for sure, but I suspect the 2015s are the same. We replaced them with these LED bulbs:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EKMXIFI

Note that if you decide to go with those (we love 'em), they'll only work in one orientation. So if you plug them in and they don't work, reverse them. :)

Webman9113 08-04-2016 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavaman (Post 3192464)
Does anyone know what type of Washer and Dryer would fit into a 2016 Challenger 37Kt? Would it have to be a a washer/dryer all in one or separate? Any idea on the cost and best place to buy the item?

I don't know what washer + dryer would fit, but we got one of the Splendide combos and love it. Camping World installed it in the bottom of the cabinet, venting it to the outside, then moved the three slide-out shelves above it so we retained the pantry. Worked perfectly for us. :)

TechNot 08-04-2016 06:02 AM

The Splendide 2100XC is the vented version washer/dryer combo. The 7100XC is the non vented version. I would recommend the vented version. Either way, there is a learning curve to washing and drying as they are not like regular washers and dryers. I have heard of people double stacking singles washer and dryers in there but unsure of what models plus that is more weight and less room for anything else. Best of luck.

sbleiweiss 08-04-2016 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rsapp (Post 3192071)

Thanks,

In ours it is the kind with pins that you push up and twist. We have had to change those bulbs many times. I am not at the RV now or I could tell you the size, but you will see it when you remove it.

sbleiweiss 08-04-2016 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 3192893)
I don't know what washer + dryer would fit, but we got one of the Splendide combos and love it. Camping World installed it in the bottom of the cabinet, venting it to the outside, then moved the three slide-out shelves above it so we retained the pantry. Worked perfectly for us. :)

We did this exact same thing. Total Valu RV did it for us. I know the closet is made for the stackables too if you prefer. But we like retaining the shelves above the W/D.

KC 08-04-2016 03:10 PM

On our Slow rise shades, there is Velcro on the shades. Does anyone have Velcro on the window as well?

KC

ctpres 08-04-2016 04:46 PM

Thor 1 Atwood 0

Atwood wty is worthless. Our furnace died under Atwoods two year wty. After being sent three wrong parts we were told by Atwood that our furnace is obsolete! We would have to pay for new furnace with new door which would have to be painted. BIG BUCKS. Decided to call Thor for help with Atwood. Couple phone calls later our mobile service tech can order part from Thor stock thru Total Value and Atwood WILL reimburse us.
Thank You Thor!

sbleiweiss 08-05-2016 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 3192891)
On our 2014.5 KT the dining room bulbs are the pin type; I don't know for sure, but I suspect the 2015s are the same. We replaced them with these LED bulbs:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EKMXIFI

Note that if you decide to go with those (we love 'em), they'll only work in one orientation. So if you plug them in and they don't work, reverse them. :)

So these screw into and work in the existing fixture; you only need change to a different bulb? If I am understanding that right, this is a great bit of information; less heat and last way longer.

DannyHVAC 08-05-2016 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavaman (Post 3192464)

We also went with the Splendide 7100 combo and reinstalled shelves above. About a month in and we are still on the learning curve for the drying cycle. We do a small load every day, as we have a 4 year old boy who loves to play outside. We are full timing, so we went with the combo for extra cabinet space.

We bought it from camping world online when it was on sale and had it shipped to our house. Our local dealer installed it (not camping world) and reinstalled the shelves above for us.