iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

DannyHVAC 08-05-2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC (Post 3193742)
On our Slow rise shades, there is Velcro on the shades. Does anyone have Velcro on the window as well?

KC

We had one slow ride shade broken on our initial walk through... And the new replacement shipped with velcro on it. None of our windows or other shades have Velcro through.

Webman9113 08-05-2016 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 3194719)
So these screw into and work in the existing fixture; you only need change to a different bulb? If I am understanding that right, this is a great bit of information; less heat and last way longer.

They're direct replacements for the ones we had in ours, but just remember that they're the push-and-twist pin type, not threaded screw base... :)

We also got these - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BSFW5PY - to replace the bulbs in the reading light fixtures over the bed and sofa.

KC 08-07-2016 02:09 PM

Does or has anyone had issue with hard opening entry door? Our mid coach entry door is very hard to open and close. Dealer has worked on it on 2 occasion and we are still having issues.

KC

sbleiweiss 08-08-2016 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC (Post 3198062)
Does or has anyone had issue with hard opening entry door? Our mid coach entry door is very hard to open and close. Dealer has worked on it on 2 occasion and we are still having issues.

KC

We had this on occasion but adjustments seem to have mostly fixed problem now. It is harder or easier in different setups, based, I assume, on how level the coach is or how much twist is in the body.

Rsapp 08-08-2016 07:06 AM

Entry Door

I have been having the same issue on my KT. I read somewhere that it was out of adjustment but since u have had it checked twice it makes me wonder about it too. I usually have the problem when the Rv is not level. I have done a check on my leveling jacks and it shows it is 0 leveled as the directions state for the jacks but I think mine is still off level a very small amount and may be causing my issue. Just wanted u to know I was having the same issue.

ctpres 08-08-2016 08:03 AM

Hard to oppen door

I also had problems adjusting door. Finally settled open easier when level and harder off jacks. If changes in latch plate do not help - look at screen door latch. If out of adjustmrent the screen door latch will still hook on th the receiver on door frame. Easy test is to have someone inside hold screen door handle down when you open door. Adjust by moving hook on door.

ctpres 08-08-2016 08:55 AM

Re Velcro on slow rise shades. It is there to stop rattles when underway. I had to move a couple pieces so they lined up with the metal frame.

logalinipoo 08-09-2016 02:37 AM

2016 37kt probs

Sorry I haven't had time to read all through this thread. I'm working on it, but I have a few probs I need to get addressed.

We've been fulltime for over a month. And everything has been pretty good, but now we're in Colorado with a few problems.

First, the kitchen sink fell on the drive here. Does anyone know what glue or epoxy to use on the brackets? I've tried looking around and every one keeps pointing me to constriction adhesive. I tried it and 2 days later it was not strong enough to hold the sink.

I can't figure out how to work the furnace. I'm making due with the fireplace, but can't find the furnace control anywhere. Both thermostats just have options for cool and off.

I too have experience the shower leak, but I find its water from the door seals. Not too big of a deal

Finally I bought a wineguard travler, and I'm trying to figure out where to mount it on the roof. I found the orange wire for satalite behind the fireplace and traced it to a turn out of the ba see mentioned up with the antenna wire. But I only have 2 vents on my roof and haven't seen where the dish should mount or where the wire goes. I guess it's time to pull vent covers and maybe ac unit covers. If anyone has an idea or better yet pictures tg as t would be great.

Logan

ctpres 08-09-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logalinipoo (Post 3200392)
I too have experience the shower leak, but I find its water from the door seals. Not too big of a dealLogan

Try adding a little caulk at joint for door frame corners (where door sill meets upright wall panels). The joint at hinge pin is really hard to caulk. I ended up using a very thin flat stick as caulk tip will not fit in the small space.

sbleiweiss 08-10-2016 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logalinipoo (Post 3200392)
First, the kitchen sink fell on the drive here. Does anyone know what glue or epoxy to use on the brackets? I've tried looking around and every one keeps pointing me to constriction adhesive. I tried it and 2 days later it was not strong enough to hold the sink.

I can't figure out how to work the furnace. I'm making due with the fireplace, but can't find the furnace control anywhere. Both thermostats just have options for cool and off.

Logan

All I can say is WOW about the sink falling. I have no idea but would be freaking about that. The furnace control on ours is part of the thermostat between the kitchen sink cabinet and the bathroom door (opposite the table). If both of your thermostats are cool only, then I think the Thor factory installed the wrong thermostat in your dining room. I would call Thor, and maybe a dealer or mobile tech in Colorado could change it out on warranty.

ctpres 08-11-2016 09:08 PM

Challenger Club - Thinking out loud

Just attended a Thor Diesel owners rally at Mountain Views RV Park in Creede CO. I came away from the get together with the idea that maybe it is time to try a Thor Challenger Owners Club. History says Thor will not support such a club so I am thinking why advertise for Thor in this potential club name. How about simply the Challenger Owners Club? To start - no dues, no officers​ and all Challenger owners are members. In the begining just a ​gathering of two or more Challenger owners​ sometime next summer. If more than one or two are interested I will meet with the owner of Mountain Views and see what kind of deal I can put together.

For info on the community
Population, Economy & Lifestyle

For info on the RVpark/Resorthttps://www.mountainviewsrv.com/

ctpres 08-19-2016 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 3193857)
Atwood wty is worthless. Our furnace died under Atwoods two year wty. After being sent three wrong parts we were told by Atwood that our furnace is obsolete! We would have to pay for new furnace with new door which would have to be painted. BIG BUCKS. Decided to call Thor for help with Atwood. Couple phone calls later our mobile service tech can order part from Thor stock thru Total Value and Atwood WILL reimburse us.
Thank You Thor!

OP here with follow-up. Now Atwood -1. Following applies to Atwood 8535. Furnace problems all pointed to a bad board. No ignition and furnace blower shut down in about 15 seconds. IT DID NOT try again for one hour and again on about one hour cycle with no ignition/spark, 15 second blower shut-down and no diagnostic light. $400 plus board arrived and tech installed . Guess what - same problems on the new board. I expect Atwood is calling it obsolete due to design or component problems. Finally discovered mud dauber nest that could not be seen from outside. Since I installed screen within days of purchase - dauber nest probably in there on delivery. Furnace worked fine until we got to our summer spot at 8,000 feet. Thinner air coupled with small mud dauber nest resulted in sail switch failure to move enough ie. not enough air flow. So if you have the same board and your furnace will not ignite on first attempt and there is no diagnostic light you can wait one hour for it to try again or turn off heat, open outside furnace enclosure and reset system with the test/reset switch. If still under wty expect Atwood to treat you the same. Maybe - with more pressure - they will change the policy. Wonder how many like mine are out there?

Nanaimo 08-20-2016 10:49 AM

Hi Everyone!
Looking at purchasing a new 2015 37 GT. Dealer still has two of them. Any heads up you can think of or little things to try to get included.
Thanks to all in advance.
Going to have first look now, will let you know how it goes.
Thanks, Wayne and Maryann

KC 08-21-2016 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanaimo (Post 3217297)
Hi Everyone!
Looking at purchasing a new 2015 37 GT. Dealer still has two of them. Any heads up you can think of or little things to try to get included.
Thanks to all in advance.
Going to have first look now, will let you know how it goes.
Thanks, Wayne and Maryann

I don't have a GT but I do have a 15 KT. My advice is go through it with a fine tooth comb. Make sure everything gets fixed. Also make sure any recalls get fixed!

Look at Magnashade for side window covers while driving. There flip shades work great. We don't use our accordion shades at all.

Good luck.

KC