iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

ctpres 08-22-2016 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC (Post 3218938)
flip shades work great. We don't use our accordion shades at all
KC

Re not using accordian shades. Don't understand how solar shades give privacy at night. The video does not explain.

KC 08-22-2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 3220044)
Re not using accordian shades. Don't understand how solar shades give privacy at night. The video does not explain.

We don't find it an issue, it helps during the day and while driving to keep the heat and sun out of the front of the RV.

KC

wldracing 08-22-2016 01:00 PM

I have a 2015 Thor Challenger 35 HT

If you live on the West coast before you even step in the coach it already has at least 2000 miles.

Check windshield wipers are fully functional
Check that the Front end cap and front windshield are properly mounted.
Check that the Front and Back sway bar mounts are tightened to torque specs.
Check that the Leveling systems functions through all leveling functions
Check that the electric bunk moves up and down and stays level.
Check that both A/C units cool
Check that when you open the slides (if sink is in the slide) that it drains properly while extend or in the stow position (hose from drained can get crimped or even ripped off)
Check that the speakers from the radio in the bedroom A/B connect to the Bedroom and Outside (They had my dash stereo connected to the speakers on the outside...so when I was driving with the music on the music was playing outside.
Check that generator turns on and off from all locations-Make sure the oil and oil filter are changed before delivery
Check that all paint surfaces have no blemishes
Have them run the heater and A/C if saw dust blows out of vents ...have them clean it out.
Check that all your chairs if any (fold-able for dining) are functional with no cracks
Make sure that your factory ford chassis warranty starts on the day of your purchase not the day the dealer to inventory.

Take your time with the walk through...Have a complete checklist and take pictures, be prepared to crawl under the rv and check brake rotors, sway bars, shocks, etc. After the rv is leveled take a look that there is no damage to levelers or any portion of the leveling system. Check all fluids and engine oil, Tire pressure.

I have listed a few things that I had major issues with before I took delivery.

If you have issues document through email to the dealer all of your concerns, cc any and all parties so you have a paper trail. Remember you only have a 12 month factory house warranty. Get everything taken care of before the 12 months.

Within the 12 month period attempt to use your rv as much as possible to identify any issues that would only arise while dry camping, extended driving, or full hook up camping.

Good luck and stay after the dealer to get anything and everything fixed...Look to make a few trips back to the dealer.

Wes:dance:

https://photos.smugmug.com/Challenge...IMG_1844-L.jpg

happycamperj 08-22-2016 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wldracing (Post 3220499)
I have a 2015 Thor Challenger 35 HT

If you live on the West coast before you even step in the coach it already has at least 2000 miles.

Check windshield wipers are fully functional
Check that the Front end cap and front windshield are properly mounted.
Check that the Front and Back sway bar mounts are tightened to torque specs.
Check that the Leveling systems functions through all leveling functions
Check that the electric bunk moves up and down and stays level.
Check that both A/C units cool
Check that when you open the slides (if sink is in the slide) that it drains properly while extend or in the stow position (hose from drained can get crimped or even ripped off)
Check that the speakers from the radio in the bedroom A/B connect to the Bedroom and Outside (They had my dash stereo connected to the speakers on the outside...so when I was driving with the music on the music was playing outside.
Check that generator turns on and off from all locations-Make sure the oil and oil filter are changed before delivery
Check that all paint surfaces have no blemishes
Have them run the heater and A/C if saw dust blows out of vents ...have them clean it out.
Check that all your chairs if any (fold-able for dining) are functional with no cracks
Make sure that your factory ford chassis warranty starts on the day of your purchase not the day the dealer to inventory.

Take your time with the walk through...Have a complete checklist and take pictures, be prepared to crawl under the rv and check brake rotors, sway bars, shocks, etc. After the rv is leveled take a look that there is no damage to levelers or any portion of the leveling system. Check all fluids and engine oil, Tire pressure.

I have listed a few things that I had major issues with before I took delivery.

If you have issues document through email to the dealer all of your concerns, cc any and all parties so you have a paper trail. Remember you only have a 12 month factory house warranty. Get everything taken care of before the 12 months.

Within the 12 month period attempt to use your rv as much as possible to identify any issues that would only arise while dry camping, extended driving, or full hook up camping.

Good luck and stay after the dealer to get anything and everything fixed...Look to make a few trips back to the dealer.

Wes:dance:

https://photos.smugmug.com/Challenge...IMG_1844-L.jpg

I might add another item to your checklist. Make sure you stay within your weight limits on what you load on board and what you tow behind. Unless yours is different, you only have about 4,000 lbs. between what your coach weighs and your gross combined weight is. Your Challenger will pull more than that, but it will make a difference if you travel much out West, or if you have any issues with Thor or extended warranty problems that might come up related to the coach's components being overloaded.

071011sm 08-23-2016 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 3118804)
Two times, two Class "A's" with recurring problems. One Damon with leveling system and a Challenger with slide issues. Thor steped up to the plate both times and agreed to cover repairs. That kind of service is worth a thousand words. We remain faithful and happy Thor customers. If a step up to diesel is ever in our future - It WILL be a Thor product - no questions asked.

Took posetion of our new 37TB last month. A week later we took off on a 3 weeks trip across US/Can (ON-MT and back across Canada). Few issues along the way; slides were dead due to blown RapidCamp fuse. This is part of awning fuse and not labeled. Was Sunday morning and quick call to 1-800-THOR solved the issue.
We travel with toddlers and one was playing with switches located at the bottom where the stairs are. Not a smart location. This will prove to be a disaster few days latter. Set camp in SLC, UT. We learn after that toddler found genset on/off switch. We are connected to shore power at the same time! Few sparks latter from the Auto Switch we are now in trouble. AS is fused together to genset only position. Another call to Thor locates the issue and luckily AS wasn't fried. Duct tape and cardboard and temp switch cover was invented.
On another occasion steps self retracted as we were passing through toll booth. Blocking toll booth on interstate Hwy is not part of our plan. Another call to Thor fixes the issue temporarily but we were on our way.

Overall Thor customer service is simply amazing. Very professional and knowledgable. To actually have 24/7 emergency live help speaks volume.

Rsapp 08-24-2016 11:27 AM

Info on Access Panel under BR sink

I have a 2015 Challenger 37KT. As I was preparing to leave a campground I noticed water on floor under this panel. I was wondering if anyone had ventured into this access panel and if so what was behind that panel. Also I have tried a number of ways but I can't seem to keep the sewer odor from the bathroom area. I have done all the treatments at different time and no help. I did notice that when the exhaust fan is on it pulls the odor through the BR and it gets worse. I placed water in the black tank with cleaning chemicals RV people recommend and drove home hoping the agitation will help my issue.
Thanks for any assistance any of you may send.
That is not the first time it has been cleaned this way.

ctpres 08-24-2016 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rsapp (Post 3223626)
I have a 2015 Challenger 37KT. As I was preparing to leave a campground I noticed water on floor under this panel. I was wondering if anyone had ventured into this access panel and if so what was behind that panel.

There is nothing but water and elec. wire under bathroom sink. My first guess would be hot water heater connections at the tank. Take bottom drawer out of night stand between bed and bath. If floor wet there and front end of coach was even a little downhill water could in fact be from water heater. Left side under bed storage has a removable panel for servicing water heater. The hot and cold connections are hand tightened. If one is wet a little extra turn will stop that. We had shower leaks but that could be seen around base of shower. I removed the front panel under sink and we use that space to store toilet paper. See https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor...ml#post2365088 for picture

ctpres 09-02-2016 08:59 AM

How about sharing tips for using your Challenger. Anything that makes life easier, more comfortable etc. Here is a couple for KT owners
When days are longer and we want to sleep longer we close the rear bathroom door to keep out early morning light from the sky light.
When using furnace we keep front bathroom door closed and rear open. That forces heated air thru the bedroom and keeps the thermostat from cycling so often

--

sbleiweiss 09-03-2016 06:45 AM

A deflector on the register at the dining room also keeps the thermostat from cycling so often. And of course an adjustable register in the bathroom helps.

Another tip. I carry two water hoses; one 10 foot and one 20 foot. I use whichever one fits. And in the unusual case that I need longer I can attach the two to make 30 feet.

ctpres 09-05-2016 08:47 AM

One more Challenger comfort item. When only one a'cond needed we use the rear/bedroom a'cond during the day and the front at night. Much less noise and not much difference in air temp.

KC 09-09-2016 10:59 AM

Hello Challenger owners I have a question. I own a 15 37KT and I was wondering if I have the Auto Generator set for Enable. Will it come if the AC needs to come on if the temp gets to hot in the rv?

KC

ctpres 09-09-2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC (Post 3246961)
Hello Challenger owners I have a question. I own a 15 37KT and I was wondering if I have the Auto Generator set for Enable. Will it come if the AC needs to come on if the temp gets to hot in the rv?

KC

You will need to program the generator start module. Really need manual, at least for the first time as there are a lot of options - one is to start gen at set temp.

rvbunz 09-10-2016 05:39 AM

To my understanding the auto gen is designed to start the generator if the battery levels go low, not to control a/c operation

ctpres 09-10-2016 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 3247901)
To my understanding the auto gen is designed to start the generator if the battery levels go low, not to control a/c operation

Magnum AGS in our 15 KT has the following settings/adjustments
Run time hours
Start temp
Start volts
Clock
Quiet time