iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

logalinipoo 09-10-2016 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 3248105)
Magnum AGS in our 15 KT has the following settings/adjustments
Run time hours
Start temp
Start volts
Clock
Quiet time

Yes, they do. It's very easy to adjust mine is in the basement right by the inverter. It just has some little set screws. I think 85 is the highest temp you can set it to come on.

I haven't figured out the hours, but I haven't looked into it either. Actually the hours is easy. I haven't figured out how to set the clock.

The start temp is annoying. I like to leave gen auto start ebnabled all the time. We fulltime with cats. I have it set to 85, but even when in rv parks I'm concerned that if we leave and the power goes out it will get to hot.

But during hot days if we're in and out a lot the temp will rise so high that the generator starts even though I have good 50 amp service. It will stay on until the temp drops.

ctpres 09-15-2016 12:32 PM

Propane tank gauge errors

Our tank never went below 2/3 on display panel -but then we seldom used furnace so never ran till empty using just cooktop burners. Currently using furnace every morning to take the chill off and this AM DW was fussing about low burner flame. Yup tank gauge reads over 1/2 full and display say 2/3. Researched gauge and learned how to test tank gauge. Tank contains a float that rotates a magnet behind gauge. Plastic gauge housing just snaps onto metal tank float fitting with four plastic tabs. Insert small flat screw driver between gauge and metal fitting - gauge will pop off. Rotate small magnet around rear of gauge and confirm dial moves from empty to full and display reads different levels. Did not disconnect gauge wires to rear of meter but research says meter should read between 0 and 90 ohms depending on dial position. If gauge bad it is easy DIY R/R and costs $50 plus or minus. Avail Amazon and Ebay for under $50 (Amazon Prime $35.) In my case either gauge built upside down, tank float magnet not installed correctly, or float in tank is bad. Won't know till we get tank filled

wldracing 09-16-2016 05:26 AM

2015 Challenger 35 HT-Replacing OEM Batteries with AGM Batteries to

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Kids,

I have a 2015 Challenger 35HT and in the past have not done much dry camping. Well I have been missing out on alot of cool views and places that only dry camping can bring. Any Hout...With the Res Frig and only 2 OEM batteries, the charge is lost quickly.

I did some battery research and found that AGM Golf cart 6 volt batteries are the way to go. I purchased 4 Amstron GC2 6V AGM Deep Cycle Battery AP-GC2
and yes these batteries can be shipped and you are not charged more if you don't have a core. I purchased from AtBat.com, 2 year warranty. If you do have a core they will pay you for it ....Just let them know.

6volt
Capacity: 210AH
Maintenance Free
AGM Technology
CCA: 710A, CA: 855A
Reserve Capacity at 25A: 475 Minutes
Reserve Capacity at 75A: 124 Minutes
Terminal: Dual SAE and 5/16"" Stud

Price: $189.00 each

All four batteries fit perfectly in the battery bay, you will need to purchase an extra battery strap. You can use the existing strap for 2 of the batteries. I had custom battery cables made up to my exact dimensions to accommodate a series/parallel configuration-See Photo for wiring. You will need to Replace all cables connecting your batteries

Ground From Frame to your battery (longest)
2 that will connect batteries in series (shortest) Diagonal Pos to Neg
2 that will connect in parallel (Medium size) Neg to Neg and Pos to Pos
5/16 connector for post-You will have a choice when ordering the post size for your battery, make sure this matches with the cable you are ordering.
See photo

I use 2/0 cable, you can order yours from gaugewireandcable on eBay

Attachment 139077

daverubino 09-22-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logalinipoo (Post 3200392)
Sorry I haven't had time to read all through this thread. I'm working on it, but I have a few probs I need to get addressed.

We've been fulltime for over a month. And everything has been pretty good, but now we're in Colorado with a few problems.

First, the kitchen sink fell on the drive here. Does anyone know what glue or epoxy to use on the brackets? I've tried looking around and every one keeps pointing me to constriction adhesive. I tried it and 2 days later it was not strong enough to hold the sink.

I can't figure out how to work the furnace. I'm making due with the fireplace, but can't find the furnace control anywhere. Both thermostats just have options for cool and off.

I too have experience the shower leak, but I find its water from the door seals. Not too big of a deal

Finally I bought a wineguard travler, and I'm trying to figure out where to mount it on the roof. I found the orange wire for satalite behind the fireplace and traced it to a turn out of the ba see mentioned up with the antenna wire. But I only have 2 vents on my roof and haven't seen where the dish should mount or where the wire goes. I guess it's time to pull vent covers and maybe ac unit covers. If anyone has an idea or better yet pictures tg as t would be great.

Logan

Our kitchen sink fell out at CW when we went to pick it up. Supposedly, around 100 went out with the wrong adhesive.

daverubino 09-22-2016 04:05 PM

Water Filtering

OK, I just read through this whole forum. Thanks to all for the great ideas! :thumb: I already ran out, found some plywood in the shed and fixed that lower step! What I was surprised at, however, unless I missed something, that nobody talked about water purification. :confused:We just sold our house and will be going full-time at the start of the year and good water is very important to us. Buying and storing bottled water is a pain so I researched water filter units. This is what I got: Boats/RV's-motor homes commercial grade water filtration system for chemical and microbiological protection I added the 5 micron sediment filter with the clear housing on the right.https://i65.tinypic.com/21443y9.jpg

daverubino 09-22-2016 05:27 PM

another question, does anybody know what the empty wood box is for in the under storage behind the door? I'm figuring support for the washer and dryer if installed? I don't have one, so I figured I could rip it out and use the extra storage or do the litter box mod.

JohnG2013KT 09-23-2016 07:29 AM

Thermostat resets when powerfails

Hi ..
Whenever the power goes off (which is quite often here in central Fl) the thermostats reset to 72 degrees. In the summer we like to keep the coach at 78 degrees. So when this happens I have to make a trip to the coach to reset back to 78 ... Grrrrr!

Anyone faced this issue and found a solution? Other than replacing the thermostats?

Thanks
John

sbleiweiss 09-24-2016 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnG2013KT (Post 3266106)
Hi ..
Whenever the power goes off (which is quite often here in central Fl) the thermostats reset to 72 degrees. In the summer we like to keep the coach at 78 degrees. So when this happens I have to make a trip to the coach to reset back to 78 ... Grrrrr!

Anyone faced this issue and found a solution? Other than replacing the thermostats?

Thanks
John

Sort of. On our prior Challenger this happened every night. Raplacing the thermostat didn't stop the problem. It turned out to be something (a short or bad circuit board) at the furnace. Thor factory couldn't find or identify the problem. Total Valu RV did. No problem since.

Tunes 09-24-2016 05:48 PM

LED awning lights

Every time I open my Awnings on my 37KT toward the end of opening them they stick to the LED lights. Today a small strip of the vinyl awning actually peeled off and stuck to the LED light strip. Now I have a hole width of the LED strip about an inch long. Any suggestions on how to keep the LED lights from sticking to the awning?

logalinipoo 09-25-2016 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunes (Post 3268356)
Every time I open my Awnings on my 37KT toward the end of opening them they stick to the LED lights. Today a small strip of the vinyl awning actually peeled off and stuck to the LED light strip. Now I have a hole width of the LED strip about an inch long. Any suggestions on how to keep the LED lights from sticking to the awning?

We're the lights on and possibly hot when you rolled the awning in? I know less don't really get hot, but maybe they are hot enough to make them stick. I've got a 2016 37kt and have no problems.

IrihRed 09-25-2016 07:15 AM

3 month update ft

Haven't posted in awhile, enjoying traveling too much! Left FL beginning of July in our 16 KT (just two of us and our Cocker Gaylord) and have traversed most of the south including VA mountains. Spent a week on the Mighty Mississippi (west Memphis Tom Sawyer RV Park). Our trip has been awesome to say the least. How we haven't gained weight is beyond me. The Gulf, Pensacola, Biloxi, New Orleans... such great seafood (the royal red shrimp in Biloxi are beyond description) and varieties of to make a "foodie" smile! On our way to Albuquerque for the Int Balloon Fiesta. As for the coach, we have been beyond pleased, a few minor things that we DYI with some help from Thor cust svc. With weight in the basement the drive has been great. Adding Sumo shocks while in the Albuquerque area as being in the West we will be experiencing a lot more wind. Our one major mod replacing the dining table with an Ikea butcher block counter has proved great for the way we live. Picked up a small Mexican clay pizza oven along our travels (now we store wood and an axe in Jeep) that fits on a picnic table. We are probably a little too much in vacation mode but starting to take more time to relax and enjoy. In some ways would have liked a DP but nothing had a floorplan that compared to the livability our KT. We only travel in the coach to change location (4-5 times a mo, max 250 mi a trip) and use the Jeep to explore. All in all we are "Happy Campers"! One issue we have not quite resolved. We must have gotten some bad H2O somewhere and we are getting a gaseous smell from the fridge and hot water??? We are usually hooked up and treat our FW tank. It is getting better as I add treatment in the hose each time we hook up H2O but is still there. (also changed both filters, house and fridge). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tunes 09-25-2016 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logalinipoo (Post 3268777)
We're the lights on and possibly hot when you rolled the awning in? I know less don't really get hot, but maybe they are hot enough to make them stick. I've got a 2016 37kt and have no problems.

No, lights were not on. Maybe I got a bad strip of LED's. They fell sticky/gummy when you touch them

sbleiweiss 09-26-2016 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrihRed (Post 3268909)
Haven't posted in awhile, enjoying traveling too much! Our one major mod replacing the dining table with an Ikea butcher block counter has proved great for the way we live.

Good for you guys! Can you post a pix of the table? We love our table but would be interested in seeing what you did.

Rustynail462 09-26-2016 09:23 AM

Yah... very interested in the KT but not impressed with the table set up... love to see a picture of the Mod..... ! ! !