iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

camaromance 03-23-2013 06:13 AM

Hey, all. I haven't been on much lately. Very rough week at work. If anyone was wondering about this sequester, I can assure you it's real and it's hitting close to home. I seriously dislike the subject of politics. I generally ignore it as much as I can but living and working around DC, sometimes it spills over into reality. I just want to do my damn job. I take pride in knowing what I do is important and relevant. I am just so pissed off right now that politicians can't get their heads out of their asses and do their damn job. Instead, they kick the can down the road. Indecision, I think, is worse than making a wrong decision. At least a wrong decision if made for the right reasons is movement, a direction, and can be corrected for.

Sorry for the rant, I truly apoligize for that. Having not met you guys, YET, I would like to think we have a lot of parallels. So, that's what I've been dealing with, anyway....

Hope all is well with everyone and I've been wondering if you guys knew when this winter is going to end. Jeez!

DGShaffer 03-23-2013 06:28 AM

Good to hear from you again Jim,

I feel for you and hope that this doesn't affect you financially. These next 4 years will be filled with nothing but stalemates and unfortunately, I think most intelligent voters could see it coming but others voted for it anyway. My nephew is employed by Lockheed Martin in Texas and working on the F-35 project. I'm hoping his job will be spared.

I'm heading to my dealer today to pick up my unfinished coach since they ordered or were shipped the wrong parts and that this error wasn't discovered until my coach arrived. I purposely waited until all the parts were in before bringing it there so the repairs could be made in a timely manner.

I own a metal fabrication business. I order parts on a daily basis for multiple projects. I know what should be ordered before I order it. I inspect it when it comes in against what is needed. If for any reason they don't match the requirement, I correct the order.

I would be out of business if I waited until the parts were needed to find that they weren't the correct parts. It's called "incoming inspection".

I think it may be time for a friendly call followed up with an email to Thor and copied to their service manager. It stands to reason that if they had tighter controls in this area they could be more efficient and have fewer unhappy customers.

I like the people at my local Camping World but there is definitely room for improvement.

john109 03-23-2013 09:43 AM

Jim I was wondering where you were at . I too am affected by the sequestration I am a civilian technician for the Air Guard and looking at a 20% pay cut along with no pay raises for he past three years and none in the forseeable future. I try not to think about it as it just makes me crazy. I hope you and your family will get through this ok, hopefully one day soon all of us will sit down drink some beer and eat some good food and have a few laughs. And if you need to vent we are always here to listen. I actually feel better after talking to you guys and getting ideas we are working stiffs just helping each other out. Too bad the rest of the country didn't work the same way.

Don It can be frustrating I totally gave up on my dealeship they too were nice people. But service was horrible they would lie right to you and then never get back to you. I guess the old saying is true if you want something done right do it yourself. Don I am send you a PM that may help.

camaromance 03-23-2013 09:52 AM

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate it. I'll pull up my panties now.

john109 03-23-2013 10:06 AM

Jim If nothing else we can all go to Don's shop and pan handle out front and maybe Don will bring us coffee a couple of times a day.

camaromance 03-23-2013 10:29 AM

Good plan, John. I'll bring a cup.

DGShaffer 03-23-2013 10:46 AM

Best I can do is to make you the cup and point you to someone that might have coffee :flowers:

I make a lot of stuff that ends up in government use so my shop has seen a dramatic fall off as of the beginning of the month. A lot of what we're seeing can be attributed to "Dramatic Affect" and "Naive Pessimism". Those that want you to think the sky is falling and those that believe it and run for cover. :hide:

Eventually things will stabilize and we'll get on with life but, until it does, break out the hard hats and hip waders because the BS will be flying at us from every direction. :horse3:

john109 03-23-2013 12:52 PM

Don your right I have been with the government for many years. I have been through BRAC's, Furloughs, & shutdowns. And eventually things do settle down and work their way back to normal. All we can do is hold on and let things take there course. Where do you find those icons I love the beating the dead horse I never seen that one before.

DGShaffer 03-23-2013 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go John. I took this photo just as I was getting ready to pull into my driveway. Look like fun to you? I was a little upset with the wife for pulling in before me but I made it anyway.

If you click on the [More] under the Smiles box, a larger choice pops up. :knuppel2:

john109 03-23-2013 04:27 PM

Don, that does look tight I believe if there was another coat of paint on your wife's car you would probably hit it. Also I think the guy behind you is giving you the finger. Could just be a reflection in the mirror. What did you think about the slide noise any better then it was?? Did they explain how they did the work? How did the rest of the service go do you feel ok with it?

I got my other Cross Fire installed today sun is out but still in the low 40's and breezy. But I managed to get it done. Can I turn the faces on those so they line up with the hub cap. Right now I got one face upside down and the other is running at 12 and 6 oclock. I was not sure if I could put a wrench on them or if that would mess them up.

Thortogo 03-23-2013 05:10 PM

Let us know if you find a way to put a remote reset in for the inverter.

DGShaffer 03-23-2013 05:25 PM

The slide noise is still there although not as bad. They said something about shimming the slide but the tech wasn't available to explain it. Since it's still there, it doesn't really work anyway. What they were able to get done looks like it went well enough. I'll finish up myself.

I haven't tried to turn the head but I would be careful if I were you. Your aircraft maintenance background is showing. "Must get things to line up!"

I'll be working on the remote reset shortly :D

john109 03-23-2013 05:41 PM

ouch!! you got me I will leave the cross fires alone. Thats too bad about the slide I was hoping they would have a solid fix for it.

Thortogo 03-23-2013 05:49 PM

The wife wants to get rid of the humming noise, I told her good luck.