iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

sbleiweiss 11-21-2016 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rascal55 (Post 3343152)
I'm really sorry to hear about the various difficulties people are having especially when RV's are tied up for months awaiting repairs. We have a 2013 KT and (knock on wood) have not had any really costly or major slow downs. Yes one of our cables broke but we found a good company in Arizona that came out to us, ordered the replacement cable from Amazon and did the repair withing two weeks. We were able to live in the RV the whole time. Some other minor issues we have handled ourselves, and undertaken some mods. All in all our Thor Challenger has been great to us and we are full timers.

Rascal: Who was this good mobile RV repair in AZ?

Rascal55 11-22-2016 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 3343937)
Rascal: Who was this good mobile RV repair in AZ?

I think it was ASAP Mobile RV repair in Phoenix.

ctpres 11-25-2016 05:38 PM

You THINK Thor is bad?

Based on recent recall stats. Thor with over 25% of market has a whopping 6% of all recalls. Nuff said.

opcop 11-28-2016 11:13 PM

Dash AC out again

Can anyone tell me why my dash AC keeps going out? I have a 2012 DT and the AC went out in 2014, now again. I only have about 10K miles on my rig. I'm not sure Ford will warrant it now, think the warranty expired. But this darn thing shouldn't be going out. Seems to me some type of flaw. The nearest Ford dealership that can take my rig for service is Fritt's Ford in Riverside, Ca. I live in Yucca Valley, Ca. near Palm Springs and it's a 60 mile drive. Any helpful advice.

Hoadley 12-05-2016 05:35 PM

New to the forum and looking forward to learning more about the RV community.

Proud new owner of a 2017 Thor Challenger 37YT. We sold our Fleetwood Gearbox toy hauler and decided to go with a Class A motorhome. So far we are loving it. As expected, there are things we discovered that need to be repaired, but all minor stuff (so far).

TechNot 12-05-2016 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoadley (Post 3362048)
New to the forum and looking forward to learning more about the RV community.

Proud new owner of a 2017 Thor Challenger 37YT. We sold our Fleetwood Gearbox toy hauler and decided to go with a Class A motorhome. So far we are loving it. As expected, there are things we discovered that need to be repaired, but all minor stuff (so far).

Congratulations! That is a great new floor plan. Keep in touch with updates and hope to see you on the road sometime.

Chief Alen 12-08-2016 02:11 AM

37YT

Can you please post some pictures of the slides in on your YT please.

We are interested in buying one, have yet to see one in person, everywhere near us in Jersey doesn't have one for us to view.

May i ask what problems so far you have with yours.

Thank you !

Hoadley 12-08-2016 05:14 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Alen (Post 3365157)
Can you please post some pictures of the slides in on your YT please.

We are interested in buying one, have yet to see one in person, everywhere near us in Jersey doesn't have one for us to view.

May i ask what problems so far you have with yours.

Thank you !

No problem Chief Alan. I have had a couple minor fixes (screen door wouldn't latch shut, toilet paper holder not installed, entry door was warped (they ordered a new door from Thor factory), one drawer falls off track when you pull on drawer). As you can see, nothing major on fixes. Here are a few pictures for your viewing and the link to the 37YT website.
https://thormotorcoach.com/challenger/floorplans/

TechNot 12-08-2016 08:19 PM

That's a great looking coach. Congratulations

Chief Alen 12-09-2016 04:29 AM

37 YT

Congrats on your purchase.

Thank you for your reply and pics.

We travel with 2 dogs, one is rather large, he likes to walk the coach, lay where he wills. We also leave the dinette table down and the cushions spread just as if a person were going to sleep there.

In the future when you have a chance please post a picture of the inside with the slides " in ".

We have been to many RV shows, one is coming up in Atlantic city, we will be there, a trade in might occur there if they have one we can view.

Use the coach in good health , and once again thank you for your reply !

daverubino 12-20-2016 06:37 AM

All Good

OK, right now everything is fixed and working. We're keeping our fingers crossed as we will be leaving freezing CT on Jan. 3rd to go full-time and head south. :dance: Has anyone had problems getting water in their heater? Ours would leak and the circuit board would sit in a puddle of water. The put in a "re-location kit" which moved the board up from where it was and put a different seal around the door. https://i68.tinypic.com/5e8fbd.jpg
It used to sit on the tray below with the white label. At least the board won't get wet. We'll have to see how the new seal works. :sad:

ctpres 12-21-2016 08:57 AM

Challenger 37KT GAWR

About to get four corner weigh and form asks for many things including GAWR. OK look at sticker.
Thor sticker GAWR front 8,000# GAWR rear 1,500#
Ford sticker GAWR front 8,000# GAWR rear 15,000#
Pretty sure Ford right. What do your stickers say?

logalinipoo 12-22-2016 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverubino (Post 3381096)
OK, right now everything is fixed and working. We're keeping our fingers crossed as we will be leaving freezing CT on Jan. 3rd to go full-time and head south. :dance: Has anyone had problems getting water in their heater? Ours would leak and the circuit board would sit in a puddle of water. The put in a "re-location kit" which moved the board up from where it was and put a different seal around the door. https://i68.tinypic.com/5e8fbd.jpg
It used to sit on the tray below with the white label. At least the board won't get wet. We'll have to see how the new seal works. :sad:

Yes I have the exact same problem. It's at camping world for a fix now. Ive had to pull it out and clean it with alcahol. I ended up silicon ing the door crack to fix it until they could get me in.

PattyP 12-22-2016 05:51 AM

We have a Thor Challenger 37KT 2015

Here is my question. Not happy with the sofa. Want to change it out for recliners. Or entertainment seating. Has anyone done this? We went to Lazy Days and Camping World and looked. It would cost about $1500.00 for set at Lazy Days that with an hour of labor for them to install it. We have 68inches to fit in that spot. It's on a slide out with no carpet. Any suggestions?