iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

ctpres 12-28-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troutkiller (Post 3391442)
Leaving in a few hours to drive 400 miles to pick up our new '17 37YT :thumb:

Information (inc. punch lists) gathered here has really eased my mind that we made a great selection and are ready to go through the delivery process.
Thanks for all the insight and modification ideas.

D2

Don't be rushed with PDI - no matter what. PDI is your time and should not be included with dealers show-&-tell or system demos. Look hard at fit and finish everywhere. Open every drawer and door fully several times. Turn everything on off, operate slides, overhead bunk, awnings, raise lower manual and electric sun shades, privacy shades, OTA antenna (13 turns for full up and full down). Use Rapid camp for all functions.Check for all remotes - at a minimum 4 TV,1 fireplace, 1 dash radio, 1 DVD, 1 Rapid Camp. Amazing how fast things get done BEFORE you accept you new baby.

Capone 12-28-2016 02:08 PM

There is also a fantastic App for your phone called "Truck and RV Fuel Stations". It knows your location and shows all the Truck and RV Gas Stations, ie Flying J, Pilot, etc. on your route. You can filter for only the ones you want. It will tell how far they are and gives a description if they have RV Lanes, food etc. We use this all the time, very easy and convenient.
We have a 2016 Challenger 37LX with the port in the back so we prefer Flying J's

stevemiller2 12-28-2016 11:10 PM

Refrigerator runs on inverter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 3388721)
Generator to keep fridge running. We have a house full size fridge in our 2015 KT. Only way to keep it cold. We hate the gas tank in the back. Very few gas stations that we can fit in. We have been desperate for gas before and had a struggle with pulling car and can't back up and gas station is small and busy with cars. I get in panic mode each time my husband stops for gas or food. We have had to unhook car and back out before.

If you look under the sink in kitchen you will find a j box and a plug in box. The plug in box is inverter power 115 volts. Go to J box and find frig wire and take the wire out and put a plug end on the wire and plug it in. Now the Frig will run on inverter.I had the same problem and got told I was Nuts by people. So I got a schematic and figured it out

Sanford 12-30-2016 07:25 PM

Capone, couldn't find the app. Can you provide additional information?

Capone 12-31-2016 11:55 AM

Maybe the App is just for iPhone, not sure. There should be something similar for other phones. Good luck, I hope you find it.

ctpres 12-31-2016 04:09 PM

Challenger upgrade

Stiches on my back and can't do much. Killing time looking at new DP floor plans and features. I hate to say this but there are not really any DP's around that justify serious consideration. Our gas KT still looks really good. Only problem we have is cargo and tow limitations. Stopped looking around $350K MSRP. If your just dreaming what do you like?

IrihRed 01-01-2017 05:41 AM

Took a quick look at the new Thor Aria, interesting, but still doesn't have the separation that the KT has. Live in the floorplan much more than we drive it, so we will stick with our beloved KT for now!

sbleiweiss 01-01-2017 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 3396384)
Stiches on my back and can't do much. Killing time looking at new DP floor plans and features. I hate to say this but there are not really any DP's around that justify serious consideration. Our gas KT still looks really good. Only problem we have is cargo and tow limitations. Stopped looking around $350K MSRP. If your just dreaming what do you like?

The KT floorplan is hard to beat. But if just dreaming I bet I could make do with a Prevost.

PattyP 01-01-2017 11:58 AM

I love our KT. If I could dream a change or two, would make a bit more room to walk around the king size bed, oven in kitchen, shower bigger, dining table is in awkward place. Bathroom door hits table when it's open. Those living room slider doors make noise when we drive. Couch not comfortable. Wish it would have come with theater seating. But the KT has so many positive things!! We looked at so many RV's when we were shopping and this is our 3rd RV. This one had the best floor plan for us and our 3 dogs.

ctpres 01-01-2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 3397307)
Those living room slider doors make noise when we drive.

Remove door guide at bottom of door - add felt pads to surface that touches door and done.

IrihRed 01-02-2017 07:00 AM

We changed out the KT table for an IKEA butcher block counter top on adjustable legs. Serves as a great place to eat looking out the big picture window, additional kitchen counter space, and office work space. Fits our lifestyle in the KT much better.

sbleiweiss 01-02-2017 07:33 AM

Easy options to add oven and improve couch. Here here on bigger shower. I also would put gas port back on driver's side. But its the floorplan, floorplan, floorplan.

ctpres 01-02-2017 11:09 AM

More mods fixes and upgrades

#9​3
​Can't believe I have been so busy this past year that I h​ave not done any mods.
Search for suitable recliners or theater seating that works on 4 inch high slide floor and is not so expensive has been fruitless. I gave up until this morning. Why not turn existing couch into a recliner? Five minutes later I was almost there. Look behind top edge and there are large plastic stops held in place by long bolts screwed into the arms. Remove them and back tilts back about five more inches and stops on wood shelf frame. Rolled up a blanket and put it between bottom edge of cushions and back rest if needed​ for more lower back support. ​Can't see blanket and each side can be adjusted to suit. Need more tilt? Open bed platform and remove screws securing L brackets to floor and slide couch out till desired angle is achieved. Screws back in - in that position.​ So far we are happy without moving the whole couch. Yes both sides are the same - but the price is right. ​Next step a couple footstools about 16 inches high.

Troutkiller 01-02-2017 03:58 PM

We took delivery on our '17 37YT Thursday the 29th :dance::dance::dance:

By plan, we camped next 3 days just about 12 miles from the dealership to go through the unit and learn what makes her tick.

Then drove her 400 miles to home base.

Few notes:
1. Dealer put WAY too much air in the tires. The TPSM started ringing just 20 miles into the trip and showed > 120 lbs on all 6. I had to stop and bleed out 20 lbs on each tire.
2. Coach rides a lot nicer at 100 lbs pressure than 120
3. Really like the bath in this unit. Two of us could dress in there side-by-side with room to spare if we had to.
4. Really glad I had them install the Winegard Travler. Cable at the park went out just after kickoff of the OSU game.
5. Wish I had more kitchen cabinet storage but there's so much other storage that it outweighs the shortage in the galley.
6. Not a fan of the in-dash radio thing at the moment but I guess I'll figure it out. The screen is too small for my taste and its hardly visible when driving. Too far too reach as well IMO.
7. Undercarriage storage out the wazoooooooo! Yes!
8. Love the fact that it doesnt have one sq foot of carpet. 100% that new tile product.
9. Cruised easy at 65 mph and on level ground avg'd 7.1 mpg. First 100 miles had more hills and I didn't check it but based on RPM I'm gonna guess more like 6 mpg at 60-62 mph
10. Lots of natural light in every spot in the coach and plenty of extra light fixtures throughout so that reading is easy from anywhere.

Lots of other interesting things like the string lights under the awning that really put out more light than you might expect. Everything functioned properly and we tested out everything. Three TV's and we watched DVD on one, Satellite on other and local HD on a 3rd. Outside stereo speakers will play radio while watching TV in "silent" mode or you can play the TV sound in stereo over those same speakers.

Did I mention the undercarriage storage?!? Wowza.