iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

DamonDude 01-11-2017 04:17 PM

Opening Recessed Lights

I have a 2009 Challenger and two of the ceiling lights are out. These are the round flush lights with the frosted lenses. How do you open them to check the bulbs? Does the lens twist off, pry off or pull down? I don't want to pull the fixture out of the ceiling by doing the wrong thing so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Beau388 01-11-2017 05:17 PM

They twist clockwise (CW) to remove and CCW to install. The flush fixture has there aluminum tabs that fit into the lens. Careful the tabs are easily bent. Mine have five LEDs on a circuit board that is part of the fixture.

sbleiweiss 01-12-2017 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beau388 (Post 3412855)
They twist clockwise (CW) to remove and CCW to install. The flush fixture has there aluminum tabs that fit into the lens. Careful the tabs are easily bent. Mine have five LEDs on a circuit board that is part of the fixture.

On ours they pull straight down. Don't know about yours.

Hoadley 01-13-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troutkiller (Post 3399156)
We took delivery on our '17 37YT Thursday the 29th :dance::dance::dance:

By plan, we camped next 3 days just about 12 miles from the dealership to go through the unit and learn what makes her tick.

Then drove her 400 miles to home base.

Few notes:
1. Dealer put WAY too much air in the tires. The TPSM started ringing just 20 miles into the trip and showed > 120 lbs on all 6. I had to stop and bleed out 20 lbs on each tire.
2. Coach rides a lot nicer at 100 lbs pressure than 120
3. Really like the bath in this unit. Two of us could dress in there side-by-side with room to spare if we had to.
4. Really glad I had them install the Winegard Travler. Cable at the park went out just after kickoff of the OSU game.
5. Wish I had more kitchen cabinet storage but there's so much other storage that it outweighs the shortage in the galley.
6. Not a fan of the in-dash radio thing at the moment but I guess I'll figure it out. The screen is too small for my taste and its hardly visible when driving. Too far too reach as well IMO.
7. Undercarriage storage out the wazoooooooo! Yes!
8. Love the fact that it doesnt have one sq foot of carpet. 100% that new tile product.
9. Cruised easy at 65 mph and on level ground avg'd 7.1 mpg. First 100 miles had more hills and I didn't check it but based on RPM I'm gonna guess more like 6 mpg at 60-62 mph
10. Lots of natural light in every spot in the coach and plenty of extra light fixtures throughout so that reading is easy from anywhere.

Lots of other interesting things like the string lights under the awning that really put out more light than you might expect. Everything functioned properly and we tested out everything. Three TV's and we watched DVD on one, Satellite on other and local HD on a 3rd. Outside stereo speakers will play radio while watching TV in "silent" mode or you can play the TV sound in stereo over those same speakers.

Did I mention the undercarriage storage?!? Wowza.

Congrats TroutKiller. I bought the same RV in November and I love it. We drove from San Diego to Houston and back over New Year. Everything worked great. Have a couple water leaks around the slide outs that need to be fixed. Nothing major. How did you get the outside speakers to play TV in surround?

ctpres 01-14-2017 11:44 AM

Tampa rv show

Anyone planning to attend? We are - but date not set so we can go any day. Could meetup at Thor #220. Near entrance gate #1. There should be a Challenger there. We could call it the first official Challenger Owners Club meeting.

Webman9113 01-15-2017 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 3416179)
Anyone planning to attend? We are - but date not set so we can go any day. Could meetup at Thor #220. Near entrance gate #1. There should be a Challenger there. We could call it the first official Challenger Owners Club meeting.

We're planning to go on Friday, between moving out of the house and into an apartment, lol!

PattyP 01-15-2017 09:57 AM

We are going WEDNESDAY afternoon to Tampa RV show.

ctpres 01-16-2017 07:04 AM

OK Challenger Owners - Wed. 1 PM is it for us - Thor display #220. Meet at Challenger if there is one. You will recognize me by white beard and western hat with crock teeth on the brim. Chuck and Suzie Turner.

LyonsL 01-16-2017 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 3418597)
OK Challenger Owners - Wed. 1 PM is it for us - Thor display #220. Meet at Challenger if there is one. You will recognize me by white beard and western hat with crock teeth on the brim. Chuck and Suzie Turner.

We will also be there Wednesday afternoon. We will try for the 1:00 pm meet but not sure if we can make that time slot. We're meeting a large group for lunch and that time has not been set yet. We'll do our best to be there!

daverubino 01-16-2017 09:43 AM

We will be there Wednesday through Friday camping on site (dry). I thought Wednesday was just for vendors? :confused:

PattyP 01-17-2017 05:06 AM

We will try for 1:00 on Wednesday too. My husband also has white hair and white beard. Patty and Ron Potter

ctpres 01-17-2017 06:57 AM

Looking fwd to meeting everybody. Weather: 77 degrees, partly sunny, light winds, no rain expected and humid. Should be a GREAT day.

daverubino 01-17-2017 04:53 PM

Ok, we're here. See you all tomorrow. Yellow Boston Bruins cap.

daverubino 01-17-2017 07:26 PM

Actually, they had all the Challenger models last year. We bought ours here last. They pretty much have every make and model here. Time to shop for recliners, Sumo springs and a better battery bank.