iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

Rascal55 02-27-2017 01:21 PM

Containers on shelves in the cupboards don't seem to move. The shelving she has in mind would have some kind of barrier to prevent forward movement. I have until the late spring or early summer to formulate ideas. Ready made don't seem to be available. My criteria would be something contemporary and must be tasteful. I think I will be designing and building something.

ctpres 03-14-2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 3438481)
#9​8 Project - convert kitchen counter light to LED. Two 8W fluorescent bulbs generate enough heat to discolor lens reducing light output. I opted for two 6 watt led fixtures ( 17cm LED COB DRL Daytime Running Light waterproof DC12v 6W from Ebay) under $3.00 for two. Night light was also generating to much heat so I replaced it at the same time.
Remove lens by pinching sides and bulbs by turning 1/4 turn to access mounting screws. Remove end cap on ballast end (opposite switch) and cut red and black wires near ballast. I left enough wire to reconnect ballast if needed. Drill holes at corners and push red and black wires into housing and connect to new lights red to red and black to black. Mount lights with provided double stick tape. I hot glued wire caps to bottom of housing. Picture of lens included to show damage.

UPDATE! LED's I used did not work out. They got very hot in the enclosed space. Double stick tape did not hold and one died. Used epoxy on the one good one. Will find suitable replacement and post when the second one dies.

DamonDude 03-22-2017 08:31 AM

Main TV mount question

I have a 2009 Challenger 371 (forerunner of the 37KT). I want to see if the main TV in the living room has an HDMI port but there is no way to access the back of the TV since it is recessed in the cabinet. Is there a trick to removing the TV from the mount? All I can see through the gap at the top are a row of screws holding the mount to the cabinet. I hope that is not the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Troutkiller 03-22-2017 10:52 AM

Howdy

I can't find the thread that detailed a popular front-end add-on for the Challenger to improve driving stability/control. A specific manufacturer/installer has been referenced several times and darned if I can find it now.

We're going to travel up Texas and across the Appalachians to Charlottesville, Va nd then back west to Montana this summer. About 35-40 days.

Also, does anybody have a link to plain english explanation on how to operate the radio/backup camera console? I can't see the image worth a flip when backing up and the radio controls are confusing as heck.

TIA, D2

sbleiweiss 03-23-2017 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamonDude (Post 3513324)
I have a 2009 Challenger 371 (forerunner of the 37KT). I want to see if the main TV in the living room has an HDMI port but there is no way to access the back of the TV since it is recessed in the cabinet. Is there a trick to removing the TV from the mount? All I can see through the gap at the top are a row of screws holding the mount to the cabinet. I hope that is not the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm afraid that's what we had to do.

daverubino 03-28-2017 07:18 AM

Quote:

I bought some long forcepts from Harbor Freight to plug in HDMI cables into the side of the TV. Use a mirror to see where they are. If you don't have the manual from the TV, you can probably download it from the internet. That will show where all the input and outputs are. Hope that helps. :greetings10:

ctpres 03-28-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

We had 2010 Damon 3211 and TV mount probably same. Not only row of screws at top but also along bottom. #2 square drive. TWO people needed after last top screw removed - very heavy. Recommend putting table under TV to hold it without disconnecting anything.

Bakeryman 03-28-2017 07:14 PM

troutkiller.

We live in Colorado and sold our 2004 damon intruder 36" and have our eye on the 37YT as well. We also have a 2014 Rubicon X 4dr I'd like to tow (didn't tow with last rv).

How does the 37YT handle loaded up and towing jeep?
Does the inverter run the Fridge as well as entertainment systems...other plugs. O didnt have inverter before so we ran generator alot and hoping to avoid that in new one but we dry camp in the mountains alot. Ideally make a pot of coffee run tv/sat system for a bit then out doors and let solar bring batteries back to 100%

I plan to get the 4 batteries and quote a solar panel system for the roof to keep batteries up as much as possible...anyone have suggestions on solar?

Sounds like she is a little thirsty on the fuel but to be expected.

Any major issues to report since last post? Did you have the issue with some water leak on the slides?

thanks for sharing, Gary

coolinthem 03-31-2017 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoegee (Post 3164355)
We had leaking in our 36fd. No leaks if you just run he shower. Got in mine a took a shower. Presto drain was flexing because of poor support. Some foam blocks under the pan and it was fixed

Have you had any issues with the FD? I just purchased a 2013.

Frank McAbee

bigdaddy5120 03-31-2017 05:42 PM

How to adjust full wall slide cable .

I have some play on bottom cable of slide by front door on 2014 37kt . When the slide is out its loose on the outside , in its loose on the inside. Can anyone help with this ?

ctpres 04-01-2017 08:30 AM

Wiper problem solved!!!!!

Thank You! to all that reported their problem. Proves that the SYSTEM works. If you have moved since purchasing your rig - be sure Thor has current mailing address so you will get the recall letter. News story summary follows -

Thor Motor Coach is recalling 6,561 model year 2014-2015 ACE, Hurricane, Challenger, Daybreak, Miramar, Outlaw and Windsport motorhomes. The vehicles’ windshield wiper systems may have been improperly installed and secured, possibly causing the wipers to fail during use.

One indication of possible failure would be for the wipers to slow down, get entangled, or a shift in the sweep pattern.

Makes/Models/Model Years Included in the Recall
THOR/ACE/2014-2015
THOR/CHALLENGER/2014-2015
THOR/DAYBREAK/2014-2015
THOR/HURRICANE/2014-2015
THOR/MIRAMAR/2014-2015
THOR/OUTLAW/2014-2015
THOR/WINDSPORT/2014-2015

Thor will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and correct the wiper system as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin May 13, 2017. Owners may contact Thor customer service at 1-877-855-2867.

If your vehicle is included in this recall, it is very important that you get it fixed as soon as possible given the potential danger to you and your passengers if it is not addressed. You should receive a separate letter in the mail from the vehicle manufacturer, notifying you of the recall and explaining when the remedy will be available, whom to contact to repair your vehicle, and to remind you that the repair will be done at no charge to you. If you believe your vehicle is included in the recall, but you do not receive a letter in the mail from the vehicle manufacturer, please call NHTSA’s Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236, or contact your vehicle manufacturer or dealership.

Rascal55 04-01-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddy5120 (Post 3527840)
I have some play on bottom cable of slide by front door on 2014 37kt . When the slide is out its loose on the outside , in its loose on the inside. Can anyone help with this ?

You probably need to adjust the cable tension. You or someone will have to remove the molding above the slide and adjust the tension on the cables.There are nuts connecting the cables to the chain connected to the motor. These need to be turned using a wrench.

daverubino 04-02-2017 10:48 AM

Who knows that they have this?

1 Attachment(s)
I was talking to a fellow Challenger 37KT owner across from me and I was telling him about the first step mod. He lifted up his second step and asked me if I knew about that? Damn! I've had it almost a year and didn't know about that one!! Don't remember seeing it on here either. Please reply if this is news to you also. Not sure if it's just KTs, but I doubt it.

happycamperj 04-03-2017 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverubino (Post 3530307)
I was talking to a fellow Challenger 37KT owner across from me and I was telling him about the first step mod. He lifted up his second step and asked me if I knew about that? Damn! I've had it almost a year and didn't know about that one!! Don't remember seeing it on here either. Please reply if this is news to you also. Not sure if it's just KTs, but I doubt it.

GT has it. We store things like flashlights, indoor/outdoor thermometers , extra batteries, or anything else that we want to keep in a handy place to open the door and reach in.