iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

TechNot 05-04-2017 02:42 PM

I would highly recommend having Thor send you your diagrams so you can see the glow and then doubling checking within the first couple of weeks.

marvhein 05-04-2017 04:32 PM

When do model year prices typically change?

New to the forum and planning, within the next year or so, to acquire what will most likely be a used Challenger 37GT. This would be our first RV.

We have explored the 37GT pretty thoroughly online and walked in, sat in and poked and prodded a 2015 at a local RV show. We're hoping to acquire a "broken-in" 2016 at somewhat close to the current 2013-2015 prices, which seem to be pretty flat. With what appears to be a new model year just around the corner, might this be possible later this year or is that just wishful thinking?

Also, can someone elaborate on the transmission differences that started to appear between 2015 and 2016? I'm curious whether it's proven to be an improvement or just change for the sake of change.

Really enjoy the positive nature of this group and have picked up several helpful tips I hope to put to good use soon.

bigben 05-05-2017 05:15 AM

fluffybunny - your understanding of storage is correct relative to our Challenger 37TB. We have a bath and a half so we also have 2 black tanks - so that is 2 gray and 2 black tanks. When we are staying in place for more than 2 days, I will use the "Y" adapter and hook up 2 hoses. Using the "Y" is no problem, unhooking and cleaning is a messy operation. I carry a plug for the "Y" adapter that I use after flushing and walking the line down to the funky "Y". Remove the flushed line then and replace with the plug. As I said - Kinda Messy. I have a dual fresh water hose connector with quick disconnect and a "pocket hose" that I keep for flushing.

Using the hose support will depend on a few things:
1. Some campgrounds require.
2. Poor slope angle to the sewer connection.
3. Length of stay (again over 2).

We carry 3 10' Camco's and 2 15' Rhino's. When storing the Camco's in the rear compartment, I will use a five gallon Home Depot bucket to store and coil the Camco's. And I collapse and store the Rhino's in back of the sewer plumbing. So in the rear compartment, we have 3 Camco's, 2 Rhino's, a 25' hose support, "Y" connector, a plug and a wound up "pocket hose".

Hope all this helps.

IrihRed 05-05-2017 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC (Post 3582100)
On my 15KT the only thing that goes in the front Gray tank is the washer. Kitchen and bathroom both empty into back Gray.

KC

2016 KT, no washer, the kitchen sink goes to the front tank, the bath sink and shower go to the rear. Keep the front grey tank, as that gets the most use, connected to sewer and only dump bath and black tank once a week or before a travel day. We rarely use the shower (except for dirty laundry) as the campgrounds we stay in usually have nice clean showers that are larger with more hot water. Would like to add a dishwasher drawer to the lower part of pantry but haven't done it yet.

sbleiweiss 05-05-2017 08:16 AM

I'm responding to two new posts in one. Only my W/D drains to the front grey tank. I do not use the slinkys, but many do. I have the older transmission, but read mostly positive things about the new ones. I believe there was a problem with towhaul not working right on the early new transmissions. Something to check if buying a newer used unit.

marvhein 05-05-2017 11:00 AM

Six-speed transmission

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 3583122)
I believe there was a problem with towhaul not working right on the early new transmissions. Something to check if buying a newer used unit.

Thanks for the warning. That would be just my luck. I'll research that topic more. Part of the reason I want to go with a coach used enough to have found and, hopefully, corrected major issues.

marvhein 05-05-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigben (Post 3582865)
We carry 3 10' Camco's and 2 15' Rhino's.

I realize this isn't Challenger-specific, so sorry if it's out of line. (It's just a remnant of the post about the use of Y-connections, etc.) I can see the need for different lengths, but any particular reason for the different brands of hose?

TEXASED42 05-06-2017 09:40 PM

Thor challenger 2015 model 37nd

WE HAVE THOR CHALLENGER 2015 MODEL 37ND.... WE HAVE a leak under the sink vanity...

I checked the water pipes going to sink... no issue....

I will begin taking the cabinet apart in the morning... I was wondering if anyone else had a problem in that area or is they have the plans for the water pipes for the RV... thanks

Ed Agostini
Texased42@gmail.com
713 408 6239

ctpres 05-07-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXASED42 (Post 3585776)
WE HAVE THOR CHALLENGER 2015 MODEL 37ND.... WE HAVE a leak under the sink vanity...

I checked the water pipes going to sink... no issue....

I will begin taking the cabinet apart in the morning... I was wondering if anyone else had a problem in that area or is they have the plans for the water pipes for the RV... thanks

Ed Agostini
Texased42@gmail.com
713 408 6239

If coach not level water could be coming from another place. Before taking things apart - look on both sides of vanity - dry things up and see what happens.

ctpres 05-07-2017 08:43 AM

Home for the summer!

WOW - big news. Just settled in for the summer and found an orange wire on post next to our utilities. FIBER! Can't believe it. In the middle of nowhere, at 8,800 ft elevation, the nearest stoplight is over 40 miles away and we get fiber service. If you travels take you thru CO. this summer - stop by and visit us at Mountain views RV Resort, Creede, CO. Thor Diesel Club liked it enough to have mini rally here last year. They actually invited us even thou we buy gas. Maybe we can do another get-to-gether next spring at Tampa RV show Jan 17-22.

Chief2600 05-07-2017 05:47 PM

I have a 2012 Thor Challenger 37DT with three slides, 14500 miles . Interested in selling if anyone is interested. New washer/dryer combo never used, dual bathroom vanities, sealy posturepedic queen mattress, exterior entertainment center. Email: johnsonr2600@gmail.com

rvbunz 05-07-2017 06:13 PM

What's your asking price?

Chief2600 05-08-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 3587000)
What's your asking price?

Asking 95,000. Showroom condition. Only used five times to florida. Has sony surround system, auto front sunshade/night shade, v10 gas engine, all bugs worked out. Expandable L shaped living room couch, half round dinette, fireplace, table between front seats, many extras.

M72561 05-09-2017 08:42 AM

oil pressure sensor

I have a 2014 37 KT and about 200 miles after a recent oil change The following happened. I had camped for a few days and was heading home and the low oil pressure warning came on and then went off after about 5 minutes of driving. I checked my oil and it was fine and drove home without any issues. I just completed another 900 mile round trip and had similar issues. I am positive it is a faulty sensor and was wondering if anyone had replaced one and how much it cost. The coach ran fabulous and even delivered 7.8 mpg towing a toad.

Thanks

Mark