iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

morazzi 06-23-2017 08:31 AM

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by opcop (Post 3659417)
Morrazi,
I did find the other videos regarding the Schwintek slide motors I used:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xojUdPDWNS0
Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DviEbWT3lUo
If you do replace your own motor make sure you get the same model. Lippert makes 2 motors that look the same but have different gearing. I found a pair of new motors on Amazon Prime for $175. Now I have a back-up motor. Like I said, well worth my time and money and my rig was back on the road in no time. Hope all works well for you. I love my 37DT floorplan.

Thanks for your help. It looks simple enough to do. The hardest part is being able to read the front of the controller. I'm thinking about turning it and mounting so it can be easily read from the front. Bob

sbleiweiss 06-23-2017 04:59 PM

Broken Main Door Lock

Our main door lock broke today. It would not open from the inside or outside. Handles felt like they were working fine but the door latch was obviously still in place. Had to take the lock apart from the inside (after climbing in passenger side window). Then could see what wasn't working and could move it with a needlenose pliers to open the door. Taking the lock apart was very difficult because one of the three screws that holds it closed is blocked by the screen door. I managed to force it past the screen door or we would really have been in trouble. Thor's emergency line had no answers. Get it past the screen door or tear the door apart with a pry bar.

We are now only functioning by using the deadbolt. The other (main latch) is inoperable. I will need a new lock. Anyone else been through this?

Rascal55 06-24-2017 06:37 AM

This happened to us last summer. My wife was locked in but luckily I was close by. The original lock was no longer available but the replacement fit exactly although it had a rounded frame and so the paint had some white showing. Not too unsightly. I ordered the new lock from Amazon as the delivery was faster than what I was quoted locally.

sbleiweiss 06-25-2017 08:54 AM

Thanks Rascal. Maybe ours is still made (hoping). I am going to get the part number from Thor on Monday.

ctpres 06-26-2017 09:13 AM

More Mods Fixes & Upgrades

# 105 We keep our KantLeak selector valve in City Fixtures position at all times. Works fine on pump or city water modes with no valve selector changes required other than to fill fresh water tank. Recently I was replacing water hose gaskets and had city water shut off at the post. DW needed water and just turned on the pump as usual. Water started pouring out the city connection. Check valve failed. Put male hose plug on city water connection and kept on working. Could not see just exactly how city fitting was secured to panel. Even using camera I could not figure it out. Bought Valterra A01-0170LF White 2-3/4" MPT Lead-Free Flush Mount Water Inlet. To install I had to remove the KanLeak panel and disconnect at least three water connections in the rear before there was enough slack to see back of valve. No c-clip and no nut bad news. Valve was secured with a push-on lock washer. The only way to get the valve out is to use a screwdriver and pry the lock washer off. NOT an easy job. Just a little work with a file to enlarge the hole and new valve slipped right in. Three screws and done. Disconnecting hoses was easy as they all were hand tight fittings. Just mark or somehow remember where each hose came from. Other than the lock washer it was an easy job. Buy a male hose cap for your plumbing box in case your valve fails. Cheap part to save a camping trip and your fresh water.

morazzi 06-26-2017 07:16 PM

Slides Not Working

On my 2013 Challenger 37DT the galley and bedroom slides not going out. I did not see 12 volts at the controller. Should be a fuse problem? I've looked everywhere for slide fuses. Any ideas?

opcop 06-27-2017 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morazzi (Post 3669209)
On my 2013 Challenger 37DT the galley and bedroom slides not going out. I did not see 12 volts at the controller. Should be a fuse problem? I've looked everywhere for slide fuses. Any ideas?

I'm not aware of any slide fuses, I also looked when I had my issue. Check your master on/off key switch at the slide control panel. Maybe you have a bad connection causing the slides to not function correctly. Also, did you disconnect the slide motor leads at the the controller box in the basement? If you did, make sure they are reconnected to supply power back to the motors. Hopefully this is useful.

PattyP 06-28-2017 05:35 AM

PattyP

We have slideout problems too. We have a 2015 Thor Challenger and only have a problem with large bedroom slide. It makes a noise going in and out. Took it to Camping World shop and they say it is a 20 hour repair job! Extended Warranty Company says they will only pay for 10 hours of labor will leave us with over a $1200.00 repair! Plus $50.00 deductible! What can we do?

PattyP 06-28-2017 05:36 AM

:sad:PattyP

We have slideout problems too. We have a 2015 Thor Challenger and only have a problem with large bedroom slide. It makes a noise going in and out. Took it to Camping World shop and they say it is a 20 hour repair job! Extended Warranty Company says they will only pay for 10 hours of labor will leave us with over a $1200.00 repair! Plus $50.00 deductible! What can we do?

Sanford 06-28-2017 10:43 AM

Your problem sounds like it could be a frayed cable. I recently had mine repaired by a family owned dealer. Took them approximately 4 hours. Mine was covered by warranty. My experience with CW has been slow service and high prices. You may want a second opinion.

Vinster30 06-29-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 3671370)
:sad:PattyP

20 hours labor on a slide sounds like a lot. Just replaced the motor and gear box on ours, plus adjustments to make it run in and out smoother. Total 3.5 hours.

rvbunz 06-29-2017 06:39 PM

Do you have the cable system in the bedroom slide. If so you may want to ask Larry Lyons here on IRV2. Here has done work on that slide himself.

PattyP 06-30-2017 06:29 AM

Slideout problems

It is the cable system that has the problem.

rvbunz 06-30-2017 07:17 AM

Look up Larry and send him a message