iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

RayDK 06-30-2017 07:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Goodbye ACE 29.2. Hello 2013 Challenger 37GT next week.

The couch was replaced with 2 comfortable recliners and 2 end tables and lamps. Now, a question. Does anyone know if the setup in the photo is a factory option or do you think the previous owner install this themselves? Having this does away with a spare bed but we really don't need it since we never travel with anyone else.

rvbunz 06-30-2017 08:45 AM

Don't think that was factory. Chairs look too nice. Welcome to the Challenger family

daverubino 06-30-2017 10:29 AM

We had our big slide go on our '16 37KT. It was at Camping World at Tampa for a month getting fixed and we're full-time. What fun. Thor bites big time. I would NEVER buy another Thor product!

PattyP 07-01-2017 06:46 AM

Slideout problems

Did Camping World in Tampa tell you that they would take 20 hours of labor to do the job? Then tell you that your extended warranty only covers 10 hours of labor? We will have to pay the rest. Over $1200.00! We are going to take it for a 2nd opinion.

daverubino 07-02-2017 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 3676414)
Did Camping World in Tampa tell you that they would take 20 hours of labor to do the job? Then tell you that your extended warranty only covers 10 hours of labor? We will have to pay the rest. Over $1200.00! We are going to take it for a 2nd opinion.

Luckily we were still under warranty and didn't cost anything except a month that we were supposed to stay in Fort Myers beach. It IS a huge job to replace the whole thing. Don't know if it was really necessary or not. Works fine now though. I think it's a crappy design. That's a LOT of weight to pull in and out with cables. Good luck!:sorrysign:

ctpres 07-02-2017 02:13 PM

More Mods Fixes & Upgrades

1 Attachment(s)
#106 Keep looking at the empty space on the ends of our new recliners - great place for two end tables. Finally spent a lot of time searching and found three that would fit. Bought cheapest one as a test. Typical dimensions are about 12 to 15" L x 8.5" to 9" W and 21"to 24"H. The picture is the one I bought from Ebay and the the link https://www.amazon.com/SONGMICS-Snack-Table-Heavy-Duty-ULNT40Z/dp/B01GR7LESQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499025826&sr=8-1&keywords=couch+end+tables is to a slightly larger one on Amazon.

RayDK 07-07-2017 02:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I just picked up my 2013 Challenger 37GT with 24,000 miles. It is in my driveway now and I can't get the steps to stay in with the engine off, coach battery switch off, and steps off. With all of this off as soon as I try to get out and open the door, the steps go out again. So my wife can't get her car out of the garage unless we go inside and turn switches on. Then the steps will go in. In order to keep the steps in, we left the coach battery switch on and the steps on but I'm worried this may drain the battery over time.

On our last motorhome, From inside I would close the door so the steps go in, then I turn both the chassis and coach battery switches and the step switch off. Then when I open the door the steps stay in.
In the Challenger I don't seem to have a chassis battery switch - so is there one?. One would think if the steps are in and you shut the step switch off, they will stay in. Am I missing something? I have 30 days to find out if anything else needs adjusting or repair so if it isn't me, I will have the dealer fix it. I just don't want to bring it back and it turns out to be something I'm doing wrong. I would feel stupid.

We love the floorpan and can't wait to take a trip at the end of the month.

rvbunz 07-07-2017 03:37 PM

I'm not at my coach, but I believe if you turn the switch in the up position the stairs should stay retracted.

RayDK 07-07-2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 3687245)
I'm not at my coach, but I believe if you turn the switch in the up position the stairs should stay retracted.

No good. Tried switch up and down with coach switch on and off. Nothing retracts the stairs unless the coach switch stays on. The only way would be for me to retract the steps, turn the coach switch off, then climb out the window. I'm too old to be doing that.:nonono:

rvbunz 07-08-2017 08:56 AM

I just tried my step switch in the up position and my stairs retracted and stayed retracted. No keys on, engine not running. Your switch may be faulty or the sensor on the screen door. It is suppose to retract when in the up position, so your right there is a problem there. Good luck.

RayDK 07-08-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 3688314)
I just tried my step switch in the up position and my stairs retracted and stayed retracted. No keys on, engine not running. Your switch may be faulty or the sensor on the screen door. It is suppose to retract when in the up position, so your right there is a problem there. Good luck.

Thanks, I'll have that looked at.

Bakeryman 07-09-2017 04:51 PM

Are there any owners out there on the challenger 2017 37YT model?

We bought one and continue to have issues.

In particular the slides with the kitchen and bathroom are very noisy and sounds like they catch on th plumbing.

On outr first night out the bathroom sink drain hose got disconnected and leaked water all over the floor

Now today just returned from vacation and after extending slides to clean and retracting slides to store in garage I went to put some deodorizer in kitchen sinks and it leaked all over the floor. Inspected and the flexible drain hose disconnected from the pvc fitting.

Also had issue with hot water heater going into pilot out mode frequently and there is a high pitched wine coming from water heater with switch on or off and only goes silent in battery disconnect mode.

Any feed back appreciated.

daverubino 07-10-2017 08:12 AM

We have a '16 37KT and have had more than our share of problems, different from yours except for the slides. We had to have our large slide mechanism completely replaced which took a month at Camping World Tampa. One thing everyone should look at is the rollers inside. Ours came off their mounts at several locations. Lift the carpet inside and you can see the nylon rollers which are about 10" long. They can shift back and forth and come off their brackets on one end. Our tech put washers in so they couldn't do it again. Good luck!

Glenn2 07-10-2017 09:28 AM

We had the exact same problems with the kitchen sink, bathroom sink and shower drains. Both flexible drain to tank hoses were disconnected and the bathroom PVC grey water tank connector was broken. But shoot, that was only the beginning. Still in for 18 major and 38 minor problems (my classification).

We have a 2017 37YT.