iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

okiefrank 07-15-2017 10:28 PM

My 2013 37GT had a slide problem on the pass side, the company forgot to put the plates on the bottom of the slides in the right places for the rollers to roll on dealer had to put more plates on to cure problem. drivers side still squeeks on occasion.

Bakeryman 07-19-2017 12:08 PM

Glenn2,

We got our 37YT In March and I have only turned on the front AC one time last week to cool things off a little and it seemed fine. I know it has those shutters on the front and back end, have you opened those. They provided a stronger flow of air when opened vs. channeling through the vents.

Did Thor just send you the wall paper material or did you have to have dealer request?

On the gaps, your right- I plan to put a reminder label on my slide control panel to remind me. Bought some pink foam insulation from Home Depot last week and velcro and plan to play with that soon.

On our first night coming back with the new RV I got wet feet in the bathroom (first time used the sink) as that drain hose came off. Like you I removed the three drawers in the sink cabinet and saw the nature around us. Who designed those black velcro boots to seal the area? I was able to re-attach that hose and tighten things up but not sure how long that will last.

I have to try and fix the Kitchen sink drain tomorrow as we plan to camp this weekend. It came off when I stored the RV in my garage after the last trip. Seems like a non-ribbed hose (smooth outer texture) would glide better when moving slides and less chance to grab and pull off....I suggestedthat to Thor but have not seen my "great idea" email back yet. LOL Have you tracked those flexible drain hoses to where they connect to the holding tanks? Proactively I'd like to know if I can reach the other end of those hoses vs. the sink PVC drain connection in case they pull off from the other end ie...holding tanks.

Glenn2 07-19-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakeryman (Post 3707597)
Glenn2,

We got our 37YT In March and I have only turned on the front AC one time last week to cool things off a little and it seemed fine. I know it has those shutters on the front and back end, have you opened those. They provided a stronger flow of air when opened vs. channeling through the vents.

Did Thor just send you the wall paper material or did you have to have dealer request?

On the gaps, your right- I plan to put a reminder label on my slide control panel to remind me. Bought some pink foam insulation from Home Depot last week and velcro and plan to play with that soon.

On our first night coming back with the new RV I got wet feet in the bathroom (first time used the sink) as that drain hose came off. Like you I removed the three drawers in the sink cabinet and saw the nature around us. Who designed those black velcro boots to seal the area? I was able to re-attach that hose and tighten things up but not sure how long that will last.

I have to try and fix the Kitchen sink drain tomorrow as we plan to camp this weekend. It came off when I stored the RV in my garage after the last trip. Seems like a non-ribbed hose (smooth outer texture) would glide better when moving slides and less chance to grab and pull off....I suggestedthat to Thor but have not seen my "great idea" email back yet. LOL Have you tracked those flexible drain hoses to where they connect to the holding tanks? Proactively I'd like to know if I can reach the other end of those hoses vs. the sink PVC drain connection in case they pull off from the other end ie...holding tanks.

Maybe you will get a little Texas weather to try your air conditioners out. My rear is outstanding and the front roof top is dysfunctional. I have an appointment next week to try and convince a non-receptive service manager I am correct.

I don't have wall paper on order. I'm getting wall paper seam tape. I will ignore the wall paper bubbles for a bit. I can't imagine the process to repair it.

My drain hoses were disconnected at the holding tanks. The PVC access port to the rear (bathroom) holding tank was broken off. This was warranty work.

You asked in a earlier post about a support bracket for the long driver side rear slide. No, I don't have one either.

My inverter failed and I am working on getting it replaced.

And it continues...

fluffybunny 07-21-2017 06:46 PM

So today sucked. Got a phone call from the storage lot that my RV was broken into last night. I have the 37KT so how they got in was they pryed open one of the frameless window near the dining table and used the propane bay which does not have a lock on it to get in. They opened the bay and then used the bottom frame or the door to climb in.

They took weird things...they took 2 walkie talkies, our shark vacuum cleaner, a charging dock, and one headlamp. The weird thing about the headlamp is there were 2 in the same cabniet but they just took one. Didn't take DVD players, TVs, or even the XM radio that was just sitting on the dash. It was really really strange. And yes they broke into 6-8 other units, actually got inside of them, then got into another few storage bays. not sure if they had a key to the bays or some people left them open not sure.

I took the RV to my local dealership where I had some work done and both them and thor( i called thor asking if there was anything I could do) said the window would probably have to be replaced. and they said it was probably the entire window, turns out they were able to repair it today without having to order any parts. So it is ready,, I have no idea what they did to fix it and the person calling didn't really have good information on it, but I will be checking it out tomorrow when I go to pick it up.

Two question I have, and this may be suited for the main forum is, first off is there an easy swap for all of the bay locks to be a unique key, and 2, how hard would it be to add a lock to the propane bay which has done currently.

rvbunz 07-21-2017 07:30 PM

You can't put a lock on the propane door, it's illegal. Safety hazard it has to be accessable for immediate turn off

IrihRed 07-22-2017 02:17 PM

One Year on road maintenance items

3 Attachment(s)
We were having some issues with our Thetford toilet foot pedal, kept coming off and the last time when I was putting back on I broke a plastic piece holding the spring. Called a mobile repair guy who said it to get a new toilet as his visit etc. would cost as much and it would have a 2 yr warranty. Recommended Dometic 320, bought from Amazon for a little over $200 and installation was easy, just a little fiddling to line up flange bolts, tighten, turn H2O back on... Flush and GO! We are once again happy campers with a great working comfortable toilet! Also changing tires on Dolly which are showing wear after almost 12K miles. Normal items such as oil changes, tightening screws are part of an ongoing routine. Going to Thor Factory for some minor left over Warranty issues that couldn't get handled on the road (almost impossible to get an appointment and when you can they want to keep our home for weeks at a time???) I haven't posted in a bit, I hope everyone is having safe travels with miles of smiles!

PattyP 07-23-2017 09:38 AM

Ours is still at Camping World, seems like it's in the shop more than we actually use it! Slideout still not fixed, radio/backup camera not working, plastic thing on bottom of shower door hanging off, bunkbed not going up and down correctly. Always something and CW is SLOW at fixing anything! Always saying Warranty doesn't cover this or that! So tired of this! Just want to enjoy our RV!

Sanford 07-23-2017 11:24 AM

Part of your problem may be CW. Not my choice for repairs.

IrihRed 07-24-2017 06:26 AM

I agree that CW (not my choice either) might be a big part of your problems. My experience with all shops other than one independent has been disappointing. DIY with help of Thor Factory has proved the best way for me to solve most issues. That being said I have not had any major issues that have kept me from enjoying our KT and after a year of speaking with others while camping I have heard more horror stories re other manufacturers that cost quite a bit more than our Challengers.

PattyP 07-24-2017 06:51 AM

I'm open to suggestions on a better place to do repairs? We live in Land O Lakes, not far from Tampa.

LyonsL 07-24-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 3713898)
Ours is still at Camping World, seems like it's in the shop more than we actually use it! Slideout still not fixed, radio/backup camera not working, plastic thing on bottom of shower door hanging off, bunkbed not going up and down correctly. Always something and CW is SLOW at fixing anything! Always saying Warranty doesn't cover this or that! So tired of this! Just want to enjoy our RV!

PattyP, just curious... what problem are you having with your radio/backup camera? I just started having problems with my camera system on our last trip and I'm trying to isolate and troubleshoot the problem.

rvbunz 07-24-2017 10:47 AM

The Jensen 212 had been having issues. Mine quit so I called Jensen and Thor they sent me a new one. While I was waiting mine came back on. I now have a backup still in the box

daverubino 07-24-2017 04:27 PM

Yep, Camping World is a fun place, my '16 37KT was in Tampa for a month. I had the Axxera radio in mine. When it died, I got the new one on warranty in the box and I'm going to sell it on Ebay since it's unused. I replaced it with a sweet Alpine unit with everything thing the old one had plus this has navigation! As if there's not enough problems with the motor home, while parked at an RV resort, some lady didn't know the difference between her gas and brake and slammed into the side so hard it slide the front tires over 5"!!!! Hit the generator and mid gray doors. I was in it and it scared the crap out of me! The fun never ends while full timing. :banghead::banghead:

PattyP 07-25-2017 04:46 AM

The radio just won't come on, screen is blank dark. They say the Jensen we have in it is discontinued and we have to pay $400.00 for a new wiring harness and adaptor for new one to go in. It doesn't even have a gps in it!