iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

rvbunz 07-25-2017 07:05 AM

Did you call Jensen directly? If not I recommend you do that

LyonsL 07-25-2017 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 3717149)
The radio just won't come on, screen is blank dark. They say the Jensen we have in it is discontinued and we have to pay $400.00 for a new wiring harness and adaptor for new one to go in. It doesn't even have a gps in it!

Could be a blown fuse. On my 2015 Challenger 37KT, the fuse for the radio is #38, not the one listed in the owner's manual. Also, it's important to know, my fuse box under the dash on the driver's side is mounted UPSIDE DOWN! Didn't know that at first until I took a closer look.

My coach is now 3 years old and the Axxera AV614BH multifunction radio has a 1 year warranty. If I need to replace it I don't need a new radio with a built-in GPS so the newest model is a plug & go for $189.99: https://www1.crutchfield.com/p_070AV...-AV6337MB.html

Bakeryman 07-26-2017 08:37 AM

Glenn2

I went to reattached my Kitchen Sink hose on my 37YT so we can go camping this weekend and it was a challenge to get the hose to re-attached to the PVC. I was able to secure but it was a stretch (pun intended).

I was looking at it and something seemed off and I had previously had Thor warranty send me a plumbing schematic for this unit (wanted to know how the three holding tanks were plumbed). On the schematic, I compared that to my photos of my plumbing and noticed several missing parts. These parts included extensions to lower the PVC pipes and curved connectors to then connect to the hose allowing much less stretching of the pipes. I checked my bathroom sink as well as that had previously had the drain hose pull off. It too was missing the same type parts.

Thor is sending me the plumbing parts to fix this but I thought I would mention it to you and if you want more info on what was missing I can try to send to you.

Bakeryman 07-26-2017 08:55 AM

Challenger 37YT Plumbing Schematic

Glenn2 other 37YT owners

Attached is the schematic for the plumbing for our model. The parts that I was missing on mine that prompted the flexible drain hose to pull off are as follows.

part #2 Swivel connectors - there are 4 needed (x4)
Part #6 Long Curve elbow - there are 2 needed - one kitchen hose one bathroom
part #17 long pvc pipe to lower from the pipes - Kitchen one
Part #19 long pvc pipe to lower from the pipes -Bathroom one

without these part, the hose was stretched too much and put pressure on the connections and when slides move in/out there was alot of scrapping noise in mine. These parts should take off that tension I would think and allow flex pipe to do its thing.

Hope this helps anyone with a issue.

Gary

Bakeryman 07-26-2017 08:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
sorry, here is the attached schematic for the 37YT Plumbing.

daverubino 07-26-2017 07:18 PM

I have a brand new in the box axxera 615bhm if anyone is interested with harness.

Glenn2 07-27-2017 09:04 AM

Bakeryman,

One thing I did learn out of my saga with 18 major and 48 minor problems is not to be dazzeled by your new MH at the dealer. Be sure to do a extensive PDI even if it takes an overnight stay.

I told the CW (yes, CW) service dept. that I did not order the automatic floor washing system and would prefer my drains work. It took them two tries to fix the drains, but my floors are clean.

You are a lot more determined than I since you are fixing the problem yourself. If you would send me your address, I will bring my MH to you for all my additional warranty issues.

I am now using a smaller authorized dealer to fix my remaining warranty items. I feel much better now....

PattyP 07-28-2017 06:16 AM

Who are you using?

Glenn2 07-28-2017 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 3722587)
Who are you using?

RV Source. North of Bryan on Hwy. 6.

sbleiweiss 07-29-2017 08:55 AM

Update on Broken Main Door Lock

Trimark was great to work with. A new lock assembly (the whole outside half of the lock was about $150. They said I didn't need a new inside half. They were right. The part came as promised and was easy to install. Works great again. The only hard part about this (in addition to having to find a way into the MH through a window when this first happened) was getting the screen door out of the way to get to the main door. The way the screen is built in relation to the three screws on the inside lock face makes it very difficult. Thor could and should fix this issue.

Bakeryman 08-01-2017 06:17 PM

Glenn2

That was funny!

Got some of my missing sink parts from Thor yesterday unfortunately I only received 4 connectors and all the others are either on order (backorder 3-4 weeks) or shipped (I hope). Must have been what happened at the plant on the day mine was built.

After many years of camping my skill set in RV repair has grown tremendously.

Over the weekend Camping near Leadville Colorado the drivers wiper blade disconnected in a rain storm. Thankfully I shut down wipers quick and the blade somehow got pinned to windshield by the wiper arm....vs. taking flight. Easy fix as the blade must not have been fully attached and clipped into the arm. May want to check yours. Also had hot water heater locking out. found the ignitor prongs were too close together so the spark was not working right. Trial and error solved that one and my wife and daughter reminding me they like HOT showers. LOL!

I will say the Solar panels and 4 batteries are excellent addition if you dry camp like we do. 500W (four panels) and I never went below half charge this weekend and it was raining for a day and half. Only run generator for coffee. TV use moderate.

Have Fun and good luck on the repairs etc...

okiefrank 08-02-2017 01:28 AM

If you are ever trying to locate your inverter look between the bedroom wall and the head of the bed. I think you can access it by removing the bed deck at the head of thre bed. I had a tech move mine to under the bed. The converter is under the floor of the kitchen cabinet under the kitchen sink..

Dick & Pat 08-02-2017 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 3717149)
The radio just won't come on, screen is blank dark. They say the Jensen we have in it is discontinued and we have to pay $400.00 for a new wiring harness and adaptor for new one to go in. It doesn't even have a gps in it!

Same symptoms here last year...spent $900 for new Alpine unit (w/GPS)...happy with results. Camera works great too!

Dick & Pat 08-02-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayDK (Post 3675041)
Goodbye ACE 29.2. Hello 2013 Challenger 37GT next week.

The couch was replaced with 2 comfortable recliners and 2 end tables and lamps. Now, a question. Does anyone know if the setup in the photo is a factory option or do you think the previous owner install this themselves? Having this does away with a spare bed but we really don't need it since we never travel with anyone else.

Very nice. We removed the uncomfortable sofa/bed as well; have two nice Lazy Boy recliners with lamp table in between. Ours are not wall-away recliners so have to pull them out & brace with blocks in order to recline. Wall-away would be nicer.:blush: