iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

ctpres 09-19-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanford (Post 3811280)
They come in sections that allow for getting through the door. Go to RestoreRV. com and look at the RecPro series.

Better yet go direct https://www.recpro.com/

This is the one we installed and LOVE IT!
https://www.recpro.com/products/recp...nsole-mahogany
See post 2777 thru 2794 for our install

Nanaimo 09-19-2017 09:46 PM

LCI Electronic Leveling - Low Voltage-

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All
When I go to set up leveling system this error come up. Low Voltage.
It only happens after I have been on the road for a day or so. To get them to work I either have to plug into shore power of fire up the genny. My thought is that the alternator is not charging the coach batteries.
I checked into this this way. Let the coach batteries run down a bit. Volt meter showed 13.03 volts at the battery. I started the engine and let it run for awhile and volt meter read 13.07 volts. I stopped the engine and plugged into shore power and volt meter read 13.58 volts.
I have not checked voltage after a day or more of boon docking, but I know jacks will not work after a good days drive.
When using jacks, the park brake is on, tranny in park, and engine running.
It is going back to the shop in a few days, still under warranty, so they will check out the alternator.
Any other thoughts?
Thanks!

logalinipoo 09-20-2017 02:36 AM

I fought this for 6 months. You are getting some charge from the batterys or your fridge would kill the 2 stock batterys very fast.

You need to check the ohm reading on the solenoid. Mine was over 0.500. Which meant i was only getting charge from the alternator when the house batterys were below 12.6 volts. So it would never die while driving but they never get charged either. And lippert requires 12.8v minimum or you get the dreaded low battery warning.

I replaced Mine with a continous duty solenoid. You can get one from any auto parts store or on Amazon for 20 bucks.

Camping world and everyone I brought it to mis diagnosed it. I only found the problem because I installed a battery monitor and was able to see exactly what's going on.

Btw I only get 20 maybe 30 amps charge while on the generator.

Now I get 60 to 80 amps from the alternator at a idle. If I idle my engine for 2 hours I get more battery charge then from running the generator for 6 hours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanaimo (Post 3812138)
Hi All
It only happens after I have been on the road for a day or so. To get them to work I either have to plug into shore power of fire up the genny. My thought is that the alternator is not charging the coach batteries.
I checked into this this way. Let the coach batteries run down a bit. Volt meter showed 13.03 volts at the battery. I started the engine and let it run for awhile and volt meter read 13.07 volts. I stopped the engine and plugged into shore power and volt meter read 13.58 volts.
I have not checked voltage after a day or more of boon docking, but I know jacks will not work after a good days drive.
It is going back to the shop in a few days, still under warranty, so they will check out the alternator.
Any other thoughts?
Thanks!

PattyP 09-20-2017 06:23 AM

That's where we bought ours, Rec Pro. My husband and another man carried them in pieces and put them together inside.

Nanaimo 09-20-2017 05:42 PM

Thanks Logalinipoo Where is this solenoid located? Engine compartment or Battery compartment. I also upgraded to four 6 volt batteries with two 165 watt solar panels.
Thanks again,

marcdohc 09-25-2017 02:55 PM

Need Satelite dish advise

Hello owners, looking for some advice. I have a 2016 Thor Challenger 37kt. It has four TVs in it. The coach came with a basic TV antenna on the roof that operated all four TVs. There is also a DVD player that operates on all four TVs. When I pull into a RV Park I connect my cable wire from the cable female in my electrical compartment in the basement to the parks hookup.
Well I have purchased a Winegard GM 6035 satellite Dome to mount on my roof. I believe it says it has two wires to connect to two TV's. My question is what's the best way to hook this thing up? Should I run one of the wires to the main TV in the living room and the other to another TV? Or should I run one wire to the main female in the electrical compartment in the basement? Where's the best location on the roof to mount it? Where's the best location for the wires to enter the coach? Thanks, Marcdohc

PattyP 09-26-2017 06:25 AM

Question: where is the best place to get a King short mattress? Ours is uncomfortable! Rd 72X 76. We have a Thor Challenger 2015.

daverubino 09-26-2017 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 3822236)
Question: where is the best place to get a King short mattress? Ours is uncomfortable! Rd 72X 76. We have a Thor Challenger 2015.

Google this: dynastymattress deluxe 10-inch memory foam king short. We bought a 12" with gel foam. They ended up sending a full king which was ok, just less room at the foot of the bed. Our Denver mattress was giving us backaches. The dynasty mattress was heavenly!!!!. :thumb:

RayDK 09-26-2017 09:05 AM

Bad roads and hard rides. Bah

We are currently in Santa Fe and really love our Challenger. The floor plan is just right for us and there is very little I would do to change anything in it.....However, the ride really is bad. I have about 25,000 miles on the Bilstein shocks and after reading some posts I may be installing new Koni shocks when we return home from New Mexico to see if that improves the ride. If nothing else, it can't hurt.
Apparently the previous owner had installed some kind of front air bags on the suspension with the air valves terminating at the front license plate area. They were set for 50 lbs. I have no information on what brand or what air pressure they should be set for. We are leaving for Las Cruces tomorrow so I lowered the air pressure to 25-30 lbs to see if that helps. If it doesn't I will try about 75 lbs before we head home. If anyone has any thoughts on this, it would be appreciated.

IrihRed 09-27-2017 04:08 AM

Big Slide Cable broke KT

Good day all, our big slide upper forward cable broke. We are able to bring slide in and out with just the 3 cables. Thor is sending a new cable and should have it later this week. Has anyone replaced? Is there a YouTube video for this? We are FT so putting in a shop for a couple of weeks is not an option. I am going to attempt myself but need some guidance. Thanks in advance for any wisdom passed my way! Ron

ctpres 09-27-2017 07:36 AM

1. cable kit - https://www.amazon.com/BAL-22305-Cab.../dp/B00303EG7M
2. Bal accu slide service manual https://www.norcoind.com/bal/download...ice-manual.pdf
3. video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQWBI0gnhpI
4. see post 2662 for more details https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor...ml#post3326369
Very DIY doable - take your time. Remove wood trim carefully and reinstall with screws - black heads will hardly show.
Also fulltimers - I carry everything needed to replace a cable also motor and cable for front slides. Have made repairs to front and rear slides using onboard supplies.

M72561 09-27-2017 02:01 PM

The low pressure oil light issued has resolved itself without having to do anything.I suspect it was the oil filter that was used in the oil change even though it was not one mentioned it caused the problem the problem. The battery issue is also resolved because I replaced the faulty circuit board that ran the isolator relay and battery disconnect. It was draining my batteries. Just got back from a 1000 mile trip and everything was great except the DW is complaining that the movie theaters seats I installed (which are awesome) is Man Caveish and ruined the flow of the coach. I think her issue is her feet don't touch the floor

A4r4s4 09-27-2017 04:00 PM

Swap out front AC

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldprice47 (Post 3774720)
Just bought 2017 Challenger 37LX and was moving stuff from our old unit into our new one with the A/Cs going and noticed that the 13.5 just does not cut the mustard here in Texas. Went ahead and bought a 15K unit to replace the 13.5 up front. Hugh difference in cooling. One thing I learned a long time ago is that if momma is happy so are you, so worth every penny.

We have heat issues in our 2017 38KT as well. I want to swap out our front AC. We have the factory Coleman-Mach Mach 3 Plus 13500 currently installed in the front. Which 15000 BTU did you install and was the new one compatible in terms of maintaining current internal cover and thermostat?

Any information you could provide would be appreciated.

Tony

Foxflyer 10-11-2017 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanaimo (Post 3812138)
Hi All
Any other thoughts?
Thanks!

By now, you've probably solved your problem. Just today, I had the same "Low Voltage" issue on my KT. I had just arrived at the campground after driving for several hours. House batteries clearly had not charged (in fact, had DIScharged) as I drove. I called Thor, and the tech suggested my battery disconnect switch might have been accidentally switched to "store" instead of "use." (Easy to do because if the switch location.) He explained when in "store" mode, the house batteries aren't charged while driving, with the generator, or when plugged into shore power.

He said to switch to "use," run the engine for a few minutes, and try to level again. Sure 'nuff. It worked. Wish there were a little LED on that switch for visual confirmation of its state, but happy there was a simple fix.