iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

daverubino 12-23-2017 07:19 AM

Switched

1 Attachment(s)
If any of you can meet up at the show, do it. It was a great experience meeting members face to face. The Tampa meet is your group picture! On another note, we got ran into while parked at a camp site by a lady who didnít know her gas from brake. Between that and being tired of things going wrong on our KT, we traded for a Ď14 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH DP. What a difference! I can drive with one hand and itís so quiet. The quality of everything is night and day compared to the Challenger. Of course it can with a price, but weíre very happy now. I loved this group and the people I met. Keep up the good work!

RV Pirate 12-23-2017 07:24 AM

I'll check our bay doors too , thanks. Maybe we can drill the edges of the doors and pop rivet them to the frames?? Can Thor find any way to build these things cheaper?? SMH

fluffybunny 12-25-2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyP (Post 3956665)
Is anyone going in January 2018? I think it starts on the 16th. A group of us met up last year.

my wife and I will be there, would love to meet up with a group of yall. We will be camping onsite at the show.

Rsapp 12-28-2017 06:02 PM

Info Needed

Well my 15 challenger 37kt was broken into last night they bent the door and the door glass broke any idea where I could get those parts or do I have to get them from Thor and the glass manufacturer? Appreciate any help the deductible is a little high and if I can get the parts cheaper and do the work myself that would work.
Thanks
Russell
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. Did not see the new post option.

Sanford 12-29-2017 06:19 AM

Challenger breakin

Sorry to hear that. Thor doesn't normally sell direct to owners. Won't hurt to try though. They may be able to direct you to a dealer or parts company. Did they damage the door much? You might try restorerv.com

Mike in AZ 12-29-2017 06:24 AM

That is awful, sorry that happened to you. Did they take stuff, or was it just senseless vandalism? Either way, people who destroy / take other peopleís stuff are scum.

I donít have experience in replacing parts like that, but Iím interested in what it will cost.

Side note, if itís parked at your home, will Home ownerís insurance cover?

sbleiweiss 12-29-2017 06:55 AM

Joining the sorry it happened responses. I think by the time you consider new paint you will pass your deductible whatever it is. Maybe reconsider the DIY approach.

Hit_the_Rhod 12-29-2017 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rsapp (Post 3963764)
Well my 15 challenger 37kt was broken into last night they bent the door and the door glass broke any idea where I could get those parts or do I have to get them from Thor and the glass manufacturer? Appreciate any help the deductible is a little high and if I can get the parts cheaper and do the work myself that would work.
Thanks
Russell

Not sure about the door, but any good glass shop should be able to replace the glass if you take them the door. Make sure they know it is going into a vehicle though. We had the local glass shop replace one of the windows in our coach, cost about 10% of what the manufacturer quoted us, and you can't tell it from the original!

Also, if you can post some pics of the bent door, people may have a better idea of how to help with their suggestions! Sorry this happened to you . . .:sad:

Rsapp 12-29-2017 01:01 PM

I will get some pics of the door that are where it can be seen. It is covered by the RV insurance but a real high deductible so i just thought I could save money. I will try the RV restore site.
Thanks all.

tedgard01 12-29-2017 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rsapp (Post 3963764)

Thanks

Russell

I am joining the choir... totally sad that this happened...

How far are you from Charlotte? There are some real good shops that can fix it up, so you would not know it happened. You are correct that it will cost.

My 2014.5 Challenger 37GT had some exterior repairs, and even required some repainting where they had to tie into existing patterns. The deductible looked small... after getting the full bill. Regardless, the work was so good that you would never know it had happened.

Take it to a pro shop, theíll make you proud to pay the larger deductible.

Rsapp 12-30-2017 08:45 PM

To try and answer as many questions as I can. No they did not steal anything just busted the door and the glass. I am afraid if I replace the glass the bend in the door is enough that would cause it to pop the glass again. I am about 1hr 55 minutes from Charlotte but a little longer going in the RV, but it would be worth it if they could get it done. I have 2 Camping World’s with in an hour to each of them but my experience with them doing warranty work I know this is not but it took them three months just to order the parts I needed and then inhad to call Thor and they contacted them to get the parts ordered and then it took another three months to do the work and the parts were delivered in 2 Days. So I don’t want them doing the work.. if any one knows the name of a repair shop in Charlotte or Greenville SC I would appreciate the shout back to me by email.

Thanks
Wish they had just eft the RV alone and I didn’t have this problem cause I am ready to get back out on the road for a little while in a warmer climate.

Sanford 12-31-2017 06:44 AM

Rsapp

If no closer option, there is an RV dealer near Myrtle Beach that I've had good service. They are Thor dealers, family owned. RV Outlet USA, on Highway 9.

tedgard01 12-31-2017 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rsapp (Post 3966807)
.. if any one knows the name of a repair shop in Charlotte or Greenville SC I would appreciate the shout back to me by email. ...

Rsapp, I sent you a PM with information regarding this.

Ted

Rsapp 01-01-2018 07:20 PM

Thanks I got it earlier. As soon as I hear back from insurance on Tuesday I will call the one in concord there by the race track.
Thanks