iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

okiefrank 05-11-2018 11:23 PM

How do you ever check the water level,, I have 2 in the compartment with the hydralics,, I added 2 under the hood in front of the cross member. they are easy to check.

Webman9113 05-12-2018 06:23 AM

A quick and easy mod for anyone who gets annoyed with screwing on/off the coax connectors for your satellite dish, or if the connectors in your basement or wherever are a pain to get to. Just get some of these (there are a bunch of different makers, and they’re maybe $6 or so for four or five), screw them onto the ends of your coax and onto your satellite input, cable, and dish coax output, then you can just push and turn to connect your cables and dish - done!

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....16kd2biVdL.jpg
Bluecell 4pcs BNC Female to F Male Adapter for Video Applications and Equipment

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....BL._SX679_.jpg
uxcell 5 Pcs F-type Female to BNC Male Coax RF Connector Adapter for RG6 RG59

sbleiweiss 05-13-2018 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiefrank (Post 4184376)
How do you ever check the water level,, I have 2 in the compartment with the hydralics,, I added 2 under the hood in front of the cross member. they are easy to check.

Two what?

stumble 05-13-2018 11:50 AM

Cup Holders

I have noticed that the Challenger Cup holders don't securely hold the majority of cups. Does anybody have an upgrade or modification to fix this?

KC 05-13-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumble (Post 4186614)
I have noticed that the Challenger Cup holders don't securely hold the majority of cups. Does anybody have an upgrade or modification to fix this?

I asked about a year ago and did not get an answer, I would like to know as well.

KC

MeSteve 05-13-2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 4186278)
Two what?

Batteries, I assume.

MeSteve 05-13-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

If you go to the RV show in Tampa, there’s a vendor that sells lemonade near the Cummins display that has lidded cups that fit perfectly

Sanford 05-13-2018 07:36 PM

We used 3 1/2 inch pvc couplings. Painted them to match cup holders. Works well.

okiefrank 05-13-2018 11:42 PM

I added 2 deep cycle 6 volt batteries along with 2 solar panels on the roof. That was the discussion I responded to.

PattyP 05-14-2018 05:58 AM

I hate those cup holders in Challenger. My husband buys a big gulp and then spills it each time! I crocheted a coaster thing and it helps a little bit but mostly the big silver cups that keeps your drink cold for hours leans up front. The entertainment seating has cup holders built in and my cups don't fit in them either.

sbleiweiss 05-14-2018 07:53 AM

Quote:

We put those insulated cup or bottle or can sleeves into the cup holders and then our cup into that. It works well as long as the cup is tapered or bottle small.

sbleiweiss 05-14-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeSteve (Post 4187078)
Batteries, I assume.

Really, I thought cup holders. Just kidding.

MeSteve 05-23-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2626628)
#59 Pulled this item off old coach before trading her in. A'cond drip down side is always a problem. Just got our baby all cleaned up and shined only to see the A'cond pumping a steady flow of water down the side. Think narrow strip of awning from the roller tube. Picture one shows the piece inserted into street side awning track. Picture two attempts to show how flap stands out and away from side of coach. Picture three shows one end of my invention. Level coach with street side just a little lower. Install drip guard and slide it along awning track to spot where water is running down the side and done. If anyone replaces their awning - the old one will provide enough for several RV's. I had this one made at a flea market in RGV.

How is it that a coach at this price point doesn’t have “gutters” when our previous coach, at half the price, did...

ctpres 05-24-2018 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeSteve (Post 4205344)
How is it that a coach at this price point doesn’t have “gutters” when our previous coach, at half the price, did...

I think it is called "desensing - Detroit was really good at it." Anyhow it is the practice of mfg looking at a product and trying to figure out what can be eliminated without prospective buying noticing that it is missing until after the purchase.