iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

logalinipoo 06-03-2018 11:08 PM

I had to pull my fridge out to tighten the line. It wasent hard at all. It has 2 brackets at the top, iirc.

logalinipoo 06-03-2018 11:30 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's my solution

Sanford 06-04-2018 06:11 AM

We tried the Y set up. I've found it easier to set up without hooking the mid tank drain, and then move the drain line as needed. However, we do not have the washer/dryer. No really good way to address.

ctpres 06-04-2018 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeSteve (Post 4223146)
I already have started looking in to that one based on your sig block...

3/4 inch fifty foot garden hose from Harbor Freight for $20 and 3 3/4" female hose repair fittings.
Dump cap with hose fitting for washer dump hose connection
Female hose end cap to close off washer connection at the Y when washer not used
1" PVC Y - a true Y fitting will work best
1" PVC hose bib fittings on two legs of Y and one on sewer connection cap
End of Sewer Solutions hose has a 1" PVC male fitting that will plug into other leg of Y
Cut hose with one piece long enough to reach from washer drain fitting to Y
You will end up with about 35 feet of dump hose.
I even added a 6" piece of clear schedule 40 vinyl tubing at the dump cap so I can see what is going on.
Kinda busy right now building a gravity derby race car. If needed I will post some pics.

MeSteve 06-04-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 4223990)
3/4 inch fifty foot garden hose from Harbor Freight for $20 and 3 3/4" female hose repair fittings.
Dump cap with hose fitting for washer dump hose connection
Female hose end cap to close off washer connection at the Y when washer not used
1" PVC Y - a true Y fitting will work best
1" PVC hose bib fittings on two legs of Y and one on sewer connection cap
End of Sewer Solutions hose has a 1" PVC male fitting that will plug into other leg of Y
Cut hose with one piece long enough to reach from washer drain fitting to Y
You will end up with about 35 feet of dump hose.
I even added a 6" piece of clear schedule 40 vinyl tubing at the dump cap so I can see what is going on.
Kinda busy right now building a gravity derby race car. If needed I will post some pics.

I think I am tracking what you did, but a photo or two would be appreciated.

ctpres 06-05-2018 08:01 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MeSteve (Post 4224432)
I think I am tracking what you did, but a photo or two would be appreciated.

Pics of Sewer Solutions setup. You can use either 3/4 garden hose or 1 inch PVC from Y to park dump connection.

MeSteve 06-05-2018 01:49 PM

2018 ags
 
So, the new touch control system Thor decided to use includes an AGS built in. The problem is, that it doesn't sense shore power. Therefore, it cannot auto start when power is lost making it pretty useless for us. For example, the power was shut off today for a new building main getting installed near by. Because it could not sense shore power, we had to start the generator an hour before the cutoff just so the critters would have some AC in the FL heat while we were at work.

Calling the touchscreen manufacturer, they said this is the way the system is designed, without a shore power sensor.

Is anyone aware of a product that will start based on loss of shore power, or alternatively, prevent the gen from starting when shore power is present?

Thanks.

TechNot 06-06-2018 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeSteve (Post 4226384)
So, the new touch control system Thor decided to use includes an AGS built in. The problem is, that it doesn't sense shore power. Therefore, it cannot auto start when power is lost making it pretty useless for us. For example, the power was shut off today for a new building main getting installed near by. Because it could not sense shore power, we had to start the generator an hour before the cutoff just so the critters would have some AC in the FL heat while we were at work.

Calling the touchscreen manufacturer, they said this is the way the system is designed, without a shore power sensor.

Is anyone aware of a product that will start based on loss of shore power, or alternatively, prevent the gen from starting when shore power is present?

Thanks.

There are a couple of settings for the AGS to start; temperature threshold and battery level. I have the temp set for 88 and battery for 11.8. Once one of those are met, the generator starts. It's the same for the older systems without the integrated firefly. Test and find the right TEMP and battery level for you to have the AGS to kick on and you should be good. You can also purchase a remote temp monitoring system like Tempstick to ensure the pets are okay while you are away.

sbleiweiss 06-06-2018 08:18 AM

I'm showing my ignorance here, but can I ask a few questions about this whole subject of autostart on the genny? For the longest time I didn't think our 2014.5 even had that, but with my house batteries going bad, lo and behold, at a Flying J a few weeks ago my genny started. So I have it and it is even set (at something-I don't know what).


So my questions: How do you set this thing? Where? And what is this new touch control system?

MeSteve 06-06-2018 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 4227544)
I'm showing my ignorance here, but can I ask a few questions about this whole subject of autostart on the genny? For the longest time I didn't think our 2014.5 even had that, but with my house batteries going bad, lo and behold, at a Flying J a few weeks ago my genny started. So I have it and it is even set (at something-I don't know what).


So my questions: How do you set this thing? Where? And what is this new touch control system?

If I had to guess, you have the standalone Magnum AGS. It has 4 or 5 pots that set the parameters. Iíve always seen them mounted to a storage bay ceiling. But thatís speculation.

The new touchscreen is a system called firefly. Seems well put together. All of the switches are wireless and can be moved or useful as a remote even. I had another system in a previous trailer that I hated, so Time will tell with his one.

MeSteve 06-08-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 4225823)
Pics of Sewer Solutions setup. You can use either 3/4 garden hose or 1 inch PVC from Y to park dump connection.

Thanks

ctpres 06-09-2018 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeSteve (Post 4231445)
Thanks

Forgot to mention - with PVC - no need to glue connections. Press fit works just fine so set up and take down is a piece of cake.

MeSteve 06-09-2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 4232133)
Forgot to mention - with PVC - no need to glue connections. Press fit works just fine so set up and take down is a piece of cake.

Did you find the 1Ē to GHT at your local big box? Neither Orange nor Blue seemed to have one.

ctpres 06-09-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeSteve (Post 4232196)
Did you find the 1Ē to GHT at your local big box? Neither Orange nor Blue seemed to have one.

Years ago! Pretty sure it was in store purchase. Just did quick ebay search and found 10 for $5. "" PVC Schedule 40 Threaded Male Adapter Plumbing 30410 10 PACK Slip X MI" Only part I remember buying online was the Y connector. Look in irrigation section.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.