iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

BradnKaren 07-23-2018 07:45 AM

Help With Sofa Bed
 
7 Attachment(s)
Anyone with a Challenger with this model of sofa bed, can you hep me figure out how to use it?? It makes no sense to me at all. We have a 2017 37LX. We opted for the sofa rather than the recliners because we have 3 adult children, their SOs, and 2 step-grands that often stay with us and extra sleeping space was a priority. The problem is the sofa bed is pretty much unusable.

It has 2 cushions underneath that one would think would be used to make up the extra sleeping space when the bed is pulled out. Except they don't fit well and are taller than the seat cushions, so the bed is not flat.The sofa back cushions don't fit any better and they are lumpy! When the bed is extended, it slopes downward just a bit, making it uncomfortable for the people trying to sleep on it. Then try putting a fitted sheet on that mess. There are no corners under which to tuck the sheet because the seat cushions are attached to the front of the sofa and it won't stay on. Help! :banghead::confused:

sbleiweiss 07-23-2018 07:52 AM

Couch looks like ours when closed, but ours came with a separate air mattress to sleep on. We don't use ours for sleeping so can't help any more than that. I wonder if you are missing a piece (the air mattress).

Sanford 07-24-2018 06:04 AM

Sofa bed
 
Looks like ours too. We used the back cushions, but it was not comfortable. Ours didn't come with an air cushion, so we added one. Have since replaced it.

BradnKaren 07-24-2018 06:13 AM

Thanks for your help. I think a replacing with recliners is in our future. It's not very comfortable to sit on, let alone sleep on.

S_Watkins 07-30-2018 09:15 PM

Will Thor let you pick up your Class A from the Factory?
 
I'm looking for a new Class A and so far my favorite is a Thor Challenger KT.

I'm just outside of Collage Station Texas and most of the units I see have over a thousand miles already on them. I'm not too thrilled about letting a delivery driver "break in" my new engine for me and I was wondering if I could pick up my unit from the factory.

Has anyone done this? Will Thor allow me to purchase it from my dealer and then drive it to Texas?

I have found a Thor dealer who makes a point of there only being 63 miles on their units because they are so close to the factory. While I could buy one there I'm worried about the local dealers pushing me to the end of the line if I need warranty work..

TechNot 07-31-2018 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S_Watkins (Post 4321297)
I'm looking for a new Class A and so far my favorite is a Thor Challenger KT.

I'm just outside of Collage Station Texas and most of the units I see have over a thousand miles already on them. I'm not too thrilled about letting a delivery driver "break in" my new engine for me and I was wondering if I could pick up my unit from the factory.

Has anyone done this? Will Thor allow me to purchase it from my dealer and then drive it to Texas?

I have found a Thor dealer who makes a point of there only being 63 miles on their units because they are so close to the factory. While I could buy one there I'm worried about the local dealers pushing me to the end of the line if I need warranty work..

I purchased from Total Value RV. They are great and even have sites where you camp to checj everything for a couple days. Very thorough walk thru and resolved everything before I ever drove away. Great parts department as well.

Glenn2 07-31-2018 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S_Watkins (Post 4321297)
I'm looking for a new Class A and so far my favorite is a Thor Challenger KT.

I'm just outside of Collage Station Texas and most of the units I see have over a thousand miles already on them. I'm not too thrilled about letting a delivery driver "break in" my new engine for me and I was wondering if I could pick up my unit from the factory.

Has anyone done this? Will Thor allow me to purchase it from my dealer and then drive it to Texas?

I have found a Thor dealer who makes a point of there only being 63 miles on their units because they are so close to the factory. While I could buy one there I'm worried about the local dealers pushing me to the end of the line if I need warranty work..

The drivers who bring the new motorhomes to the dealers keep a log of faults they find during the journey from the factory. The dealership should correct these faults before you purchase. Better than you experiencing them on your long drive home. With that list and your list from your PDI, hopefully your warranty problems will be fewer.

I live in College Station and found the dealership north of Bryan to be very honest and customer oriented. I wish I had purchased my Challenger 37YT from them. I had the unfortunate experience to deal with CW in Katy, TX.

PappaJ13 07-31-2018 07:32 AM

Daughter has 2015 Thor Ace 30.1 Bunkhouse for sale. 20,000 miles. Husband grad of A&M. Died 5 yrs ago of cancer at age 40. Call for more details of the MH. 405-471-2959. Edmond, OK

sbleiweiss 07-31-2018 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Techn0 (Post 4321519)
I purchased from Total Value RV. They are great and even have sites where you camp to checj everything for a couple days. Very thorough walk thru and resolved everything before I ever drove away. Great parts department as well.


We did the same with Total Value RV. Ours had about 50 miles on it. Don't know about whether you will find easy local warranty service after that, but usually best to schedule a trip or two back to Indiana for service at the factory anyway. I don't think Thor has any factory pickup by buyer.

S_Watkins 07-31-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn2 (Post 4321700)
The drivers who bring the new motorhomes to the dealers keep a log of faults they find during the journey from the factory. The dealership should correct these faults before you purchase. Better than you experiencing them on your long drive home. With that list and your list from your PDI, hopefully your warranty problems will be fewer.

I live in College Station and found the dealership north of Bryan to be very honest and customer oriented. I wish I had purchased my Challenger 37YT from them. I had the unfortunate experience to deal with CW in Katy, TX.


I'm more worried about the break-in period of the engine than recording problems with the coach:) I'm not too sure a delivery driver would follow a break in regiment that required them to take more time on the trip, if one is required.

I'm not familiar with the ford engine, really wish it was a Duramax diesel in there, but all my Chevy Duramax's had specific instructions on how they should be driven in the first 500 miles. That included limiting it to slow speeds and no cruise control driving.

I stopped by the Dealer you mentioned yesterday morning and spoke with the General Manager. I had read somewhere on this Forum that someone (maybe you?) had been impressed with their service so I went to check them out. They did not have a KT but are looking into ordering me one... :thumb:

S_Watkins 07-31-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PappaJ13 (Post 4321828)
Daughter has 2015 Thor Ace 30.1 Bunkhouse for sale. 20,000 miles. Husband grad of A&M. Died 5 yrs ago of cancer at age 40. Call for more details of the MH. 405-471-2959. Edmond, OK

I'm sorry for your loss...

Hit_the_Rhod 08-01-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PappaJ13 (Post 4321828)
Daughter has 2015 Thor Ace 30.1 Bunkhouse for sale. 20,000 miles. Husband grad of A&M. Died 5 yrs ago of cancer at age 40. Call for more details of the MH. 405-471-2959. Edmond, OK

If you haven't already, you might want to post the coach in the IRV2 Classified section. It's free. The more pics the better! Good luck with the sale, and my condolences to your daughter.

WillfromRI 08-15-2018 02:31 PM

New Wannabe Checking In
 
This is my first post on IRV2...I do not own an RV yet, but I couldn't find IwannaRV2.com, so I hope you don't mind non-owner participation...

I just finished reading all of the posts on this string going back to 2015, so I will try not to ask too many rookie questions. I have been going to RV shows for the last couple of years; I am constantly Googling RV sites and watch RV videos on Youtube and I actually drove to Hershey, PA from Newport, RI for the RV show. (I may need a 12-step group)

After all of that investigation the Challenger is my most favorite model. I was struck by the Challenger layouts and the overall feel of the units. I am about 3 years from retirement and I am seriously starting to plan a purchase in 2 years.

I visited the CW in Berkley and walked through a 2017 LX. There have been several comments on CW and most of them were not too complimentary, especially regarding service. I think I read a comment from a member living on Cape Cod, but was wondering if anyone has dealer recommendations for New England?

I have really enjoyed reading so many of your posts...It is really nice how you all support each other and stay so positive even when you feel like beating your head against the wall...:banghead:

See you around the forum...

Will
:thumb:

sbleiweiss 08-16-2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillfromRI (Post 4348723)
This is my first post on IRV2...I do not own an RV yet, but I couldn't find IwannaRV2.com, so I hope you don't mind non-owner participation...
:thumb:


You are welcome as a wannabe. We too think the Challenger has the best floorplans. That is why we are in one despite Thor's sometimes sketchy build reputation. Still glad we are after 60,000+ miles. I can't help with a New England dealer. Maybe others will be able to.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.