iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

Hit_the_Rhod 08-22-2018 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradnKaren (Post 4360014)

Wow! comparing the web link above to the pic of the cracked one and it looks like BradnKaren NAILED it! Gotta LOVE this site!:dance:

sbleiweiss 08-22-2018 07:31 AM

Yup, was too early in the morning. Of course we have that thing too. I haven't noticed ours being cracked, but will look next time I am there. Of course we aren't full time in sunny places like Florida and Colorado. I hope Thor can help.

ctpres 08-22-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradnKaren (Post 4360014)

Thanks I found those. Seems to be a few of those but that is right hand. Look close and you can see that it is reversed. Challenger needs left.

Sanford 08-23-2018 06:11 AM

clear Flex tape would hold it for a good while.

ctpres 08-27-2018 07:56 AM

A New Problem?

Horn quit working. Quick under hood check and found disconnected ground wire. More looking and found bottom of front cap attached to frame with telescoping tubes . Bolt size hole in larger tube and sheet metal screws to lock tube together. Two sheet metal screws on each side. ONLY ONE SCREW LEFT! Heads all sheared off. Last one to go was also horn ground. I can not imagine why screws were used unless it is supposed to be a form crash protection. Would some of you look to see how your tubes are secured together. I am inclined to use bolts but will use screws again if it is supposed to be that way. If it is supposed to be screws - this would be a good thing to add to your under hood check list.

BradnKaren 08-28-2018 06:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 4360529)
Thanks I found those. Seems to be a few of those but that is right hand. Look close and you can see that it is reversed. Challenger needs left.

The picture in the listing is deceiving. It's shown at an odd angle. First picture is from the ad. Second picture is of mine, taken from a similar perspective. I'm going to order one. As you can see I have a dog who likes to scratch to get out and has already scratched ours up. :facepalm:

ctpres 08-28-2018 07:41 AM

BradnKaren Good catch. Just ordered one Ebay $35.00 free ship and no tax. Should be here by 9/1. Next problem is getting old one out. Link to Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/4701-00-Dex...0AAOSwBWJbUVLc

Thank You!

Frankc643 10-05-2018 11:28 AM

Hey don't know if anyone else has had any issues with the puck lights in the bedroom. Mine got to flickering then not working at all. Found out that it was a ground problem under the bed in the box of wires. The ground wire was inserted too deep on a buss where it barely penetrated that insulation for ground. Obviously when I turned on reading lights all lights would go out. Too much of a load I guess. So if anyone has any issues, that would be a good place to look. I couldn't find anything online. Just sharing what I found.

sbleiweiss 10-06-2018 08:09 AM

Many of us have had a different problem with them, and not just on Thors. There was a bad batch of those LED puck lights. We have replaced 7 of 17 so far. They flickered just like you describe, but not just in one room. Random throughout motorhome. This is the first I have heard of your ground issue.

WillfromRI 10-13-2018 09:29 AM

Best Toad for Challenger

I just finished reading an 8 page thread on toads that spent more time arguing about brake systems...I am more interested in a consensus from Challenger owners about towing behind your MH. I don't think it helps much to hear what DP owners tow.

Maybe also any cautionary tales about toads that did not work so well...and if anyone uses a tow dolly.

:thumb::popcorn:

Webman9113 10-14-2018 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 4436476)
Many of us have had a different problem with them, and not just on Thors. There was a bad batch of those LED puck lights. We have replaced 7 of 17 so far. They flickered just like you describe, but not just in one room. Random throughout motorhome. This is the first I have heard of your ground issue.

Two of the puck lights in the kitchen started flickering on our last trip, so they went on the list of things for the RV shop to fix...

Webman9113 10-14-2018 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillfromRI (Post 4448065)
I just finished reading an 8 page thread on toads that spent more time arguing about brake systems...I am more interested in a consensus from Challenger owners about towing behind your MH. I don't think it helps much to hear what DP owners tow.

Maybe also any cautionary tales about toads that did not work so well...and if anyone uses a tow dolly.

Weíve towed a CR-V, a Jeep (which is what we have now), and a Toyota Solara on a dolly. Itís not a question of which toad is best; I think itís more which car you like that you can tow. MH Magazine has an annual dinghy guide that lists the cats you can tow four down or on a dolly. Youíll take a hit on mileage, of course, and in acceleration. But IMHO the latter isnít very noticeable - weíve pulled the CR-V and Jeep all over the country, including to Vale along I-70, and have never had any problems. About he dolly, I hated it, but other people swear by them. Just donít expect to blast up the hills, and make sure you gear way down before taking any downhill grades, and get a good auxiliary brake (we use the RVi 3). 😎

Webman9113 10-14-2018 07:07 AM

Cleaning the inside windshield

Okay, does anybody have a trick for cleaning the inside of the windshield? Weíve got a bunch of kitty paw prints I need to make disappear, lol!

Glenn2 10-14-2018 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillfromRI (Post 4448065)

2017 Challenger 37YT with 2017 Ford Focus SEL (2.0L with auto transmission).
A good combination. The negative is how low the tow bar is because of the base plate (Demco). Tried dolly towing but did not care for laying in the dirt to secure the vehicle to the dolly. Also use the RVi3 brake system.