iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

camaromance 04-08-2013 06:41 PM

Don, I'm really glad your first trip had no drama. That will be me next week, Tuesday to Sunday in PA. It's our usual first camp weekend after tax season. I haven't seen my wife in what seems like a couple of months. Your grill looks great.

I purposely overfilled my fresh water this weekend after de-winterizing it. The siphon issue is resolved, the overflow did its job and quit running water when the level was equalized.

Just a few more days, some shopping for food, beer, and a few odds and ends and I am heading for the mountains.

Great looking dog, BTW.

DGShaffer 04-08-2013 07:26 PM

Good to hear that issue was resolved. I can't imagine having to live with a band aid repair like having to clamp off a line and risk blowing up a water tank. That would drive me nuts!

Where in PA do you go? I'm heading back up to Promise Land State Park in Greene Township PA on the 19th. They put $3.4m into renovating the park and the Pickerel Point CG is absolutely amazing. What's most unusual is that the have a bunch of Full hookup sites that can accommodate big rigs. Since it's reopened, getting a good site on a holiday weekend takes some serious planning.

Enjoy your well deserved break.

camaromance 04-08-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1524646)
Good to hear that issue was resolved. I can't imagine having to live with a band aid repair like having to clamp off a line and risk blowing up a water tank. That would drive me nuts!

Where in PA do you go? I'm heading back up to Promise Land State Park in Greene Township PA on the 19th. They put $3.4m into renovating the park and the Pickerel Point CG is absolutely amazing. What's most unusual is that the have a bunch of Full hookup sites that can accommodate big rigs. Since it's reopened, getting a good site on a holiday weekend takes some serious planning.

Enjoy your well deserved break.

Heading up to Rivers Edge in Connelsville, PA. We were supposed to stay there last year but the Youghigheny river washed them out. Look forward to getting some time in on the river this year, though. Good luck, brother.

I'll (the wife) will take pictures. Take care....

JohnG2013KT 04-12-2013 09:49 AM

New to forum and RVing - 2013 Challenger KT

Hello Everyone ... Earlier in the week I stumbled on this forum .. and have thoroughly enjoyed the conversations .. We are busy outfitting the RV .. for our first trip to Talladega for the race in May ..

As RV newbies (we lived on a sailboat for a few years, so we are somewhat familiar with this life .. lol) we have questions and concerns, so finding this site has been a good thing ...

I do have a question .. I would like to store a table below, but am not sure how to secure it? .. Anyone have any thoughts ? Looking at some of the pics .. it appears that you guys are using sheet metal screws to secure blocks/brackets?

Thanks again everyone .. for the helpful information ..
John

camaromance 04-12-2013 10:51 AM

Hey John, welcome to our challenger forum. First of all, congrats on getting to dega, my all time favorite track. I hope to get there in the next couple of years so you'll have to let me know what it was like.

Regarding your question. I'm not sure what type of table you are storing. I have a few stored below, a fold up plastic one I use is the biggest. It folds in half to four feet, so I guess it would be fairly big. Anyway, I don't strap it down and it seems to not move around much at all. I have chairs, a canopy tent and some fold up end tables, too. Unlike a boat that you have to stow for sea, I haven't had a lot of issue with my stuff gong adrift. But if your set on mounting things, Don would be the right guy to ask. He's a genius when it comes to that sort if thing.

DGShaffer 04-12-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaromance (Post 1528770)
He's a genius when it comes to that sort if thing.

:popcorn:

I've been making a few things for the storage bays in this and my Outlaw. I don't care to think of things traveling from one side to the other either. Although like Jim, things have seemed to stay put. I guess it's because you really don't corner too fast in these things. I often thought that if you were to use a section of a high pile carpet laid across the center rise between the bay doors it might help to keep items from sliding.

If you are referring to the screws I have securing my grill slide and the catch, they are sheet metal screws but they're also stainless steel. The plastic that the bay compartments is soft and almost self healing so it tends to create a seal after the screw goes in. If you were to use steel, it would surely rust and leak a bit over time. I always use stainless hardware, even inside. the space in between the interior and exterior can build up condensation over time and steel screws will rust there as well.

JohnG2013KT 04-12-2013 03:56 PM

Thanks guys for the feedback ..

I was thinking about the 4ft folding table from Walmart as well .. guess I'll give it a try ..

So Don .. You mean to tell me that this thing won't heel over like my sailboat ? ... That will make the wife ..very, very happy..

camaromance 04-12-2013 06:02 PM

John, That's the same table I bought. You have a 13 KT like I do so it fits perfectly, longways on the lower shelf of the forward stowage. Can't take credit, I didn't measure, it just kinda worked out that way. That's a perfect example of karma. I must have let someone merge in front of me in traffic.

DGShaffer 04-12-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnG2013KT (Post 1529034)
So Don .. You mean to tell me that this thing won't heel over like my sailboat ?

I can recall one incident where I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have and ended up entering a long tight curve a bit on the hot side. I can remember thinking.... God I hope these tires hold!

I'm sure she had quite the list. It kind of reminded me of the scene in the movie RV where all the crap flew out of the overhead storage. :bow:

camaromance 04-12-2013 09:03 PM

Don, I've been in that same situation. I was fully puckered. I hate decreasing radius turns.

DGShaffer 04-15-2013 05:03 AM

I just purchased and hooked up a new Tailgater satellite dish. I tend to camp in more remote locations and state parks so rarely do I get any distractions other than Korean TV. We're outdoors most of the time but there are enough times where we would enjoy watching the news to make it a worth while investment.

Anyone that's thought about it can fine a lot of useful tips over on a thread that Bruce started here https://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/dish-...st-156508.html

DGShaffer 04-15-2013 06:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The DT is DeTailed and ready for summer! Away and towards the sun it looks like two different motor homes?

camaromance 04-15-2013 06:30 PM

Don, that is one beautiful ride. Those 22.5s in aluminum really set it off. I spent all week spit shining mine. The wheels are gleaming. I'll take some pictures before I leave tomorrow for our first trip this season. BTW, I noticed some surface rust on the lower edge of the stow lip. It's the black part the stowage door rubber attaches to behind the doors. I "carefully" spray painted it with some gloss black. I'll post some of those as well. Looks a lot better than the uneven flat black from the factory.

camaromance 04-15-2013 06:31 PM

Don, you're witty. I just got the DeTailed. Mine is Klean Too.