iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

bdickson 05-18-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavric65 (Post 1572394)
Well i went to a local RV show today and looked at the 37DT and loved it they had it marked down to 104000 but i think they may go a little lower does anyone know what the lowest price one could get this unit for.. This thing had everything except dual pane windows and it even had a 1800 watt inverter .... Really thinking of upgrading in the near future but my coach has had near zero issues since new and would hate to get a new one with a bunch of problems but i know its a crap shoot...
Feel free to chime in everyone
Thanks

Not sure about the DT but my 2013 37GT cost me $105,900 so you are in the ballpark. I think they all come with the 1800 watt inverter now. Mine does have dual pane windows which really do make a difference. Not sure where you are loocated, but check out Texas RV Dealer, Used RVs for sale, motorhome sales, new RVs in Alvarado Texas. Their prices are unbeatable. You do have to call for the lowest price though. My 37GT was advertised at $117,500 on the website but when I called they gave me the lower price. Ask for Rodney, he is very easy to deal with.

ronny 05-19-2013 11:07 AM

We also purchased a gt from mhsp about the same price. our salesman was Buck. No hassle and great people. When we get ready for another coach will go back

TXBart 05-19-2013 11:25 AM

We also bought from MHSRV. Our salesman was Lance. Their sales staff is salaried, they do not work for commission so listen more to your wants and needs and not trying to make big bucks pushing you into more than you need, want or can afford.

Their service department is pretty limited; delivery prep and some warranty issues. They couldn't do anything with my alignment issue but eventually referred me to someone that took care of it. They have plans to expand their service department in the near future.

I would buy from them again.

bdickson 05-19-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXBart (Post 1573072)
We also bought from MHSRV. Our salesman was Lance. Their sales staff is salaried, they do not work for commission so listen more to your wants and needs and not trying to make big bucks pushing you into more than you need, want or can afford.

Their service department is pretty limited; delivery prep and some warranty issues. They couldn't do anything with my alignment issue but eventually referred me to someone that took care of it. They have plans to expand their service department in the near future.

I would buy from them again.

We would also buy from them again without hesitation. They are also expanding their offices, they have acquired the disused cinema next door. Must be a successful business, our salesman pointed out the owner driving by in his brand new Rolls Royce.

TXBart 05-19-2013 05:10 PM

Don't know if you noticed but their business fleet is all new Cadillac Escalades. I counted 14 one day with MHSRV licenseplates.

bdickson 05-19-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXBart (Post 1573440)
Don't know if you noticed but their business fleet is all new Cadillac Escalades. I counted 14 one day with MHSRV licenseplates.

Yes, when we bought our first MH from them they picked me up at DFW airport in an Escalade. Apparently if you are buying a $2 million bus conversion you get met at the airport with the Roller.

sbleiweiss 05-19-2013 08:45 PM

Another New Challenger DT

We bought a new DT too. Had the same issue with heat registers, but did find an adjustable 2 X 10. So I only replaced the toilet register. We have had several other problems, much bigger ones and weird ones. Not really happy with Thor because of these, but I must say they are doing what they can to correct. We have an appointment to take it to them in Elkhart next week. They are even putting us up in a hotel and renting us a car while they work on the MH. But get these problems:

No heat duct was installed under the drivers dash area. The space was left open and outside air blows in. Freezing!!!

The dinette slide has a god-awful rattle that is constant right behind the drivers head when moving.

The fiberglass seam between the front mask of the unit and the sidewall is coming apart. About a dozen screws have pulled out and about 18 inches of seam is open.

Pretty scary and shocking defects I think. Anyone else had anything similar?

opcop 05-21-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavric65 (Post 1572394)
Well i went to a local RV show today and looked at the 37DT and loved it they had it marked down to 104000 but i think they may go a little lower does anyone know what the lowest price one could get this unit for.. This thing had everything except dual pane windows and it even had a 1800 watt inverter .... Really thinking of upgrading in the near future but my coach has had near zero issues since new and would hate to get a new one with a bunch of problems but i know its a crap shoot...
Feel free to chime in everyone
Thanks

I have the same model, but it's a 2012 which I purchased last year at Giant RV in California on Memorial Day. They were asking $154,000, but I got it for $103,000. $104,000 sounds good, plus you're getting the 1800 inverter and mine is only 600. You can try to haggle a little more, but you're looking real good. FYI, have them through in and install valve extenders to the inside duals for easier tire inflation and through in Maxx Air vent covers over the 2 vents. If they will do that, then the $104,000 is a great deal. Good luck.

mavric65 05-21-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opcop (Post 1575632)
I have the same model, but it's a 2012 which I purchased last year at Giant RV in California on Memorial Day. They were asking $154,000, but I got it for $103,000. $104,000 sounds good, plus you're getting the 1800 inverter and mine is only 600. You can try to haggle a little more, but you're looking real good. FYI, have them through in and install valve extenders to the inside duals for easier tire inflation and through in Maxx Air vent covers over the 2 vents. If they will do that, then the $104,000 is a great deal. Good luck.

Thanks for the info i am talking with them now and they wont budge on the price and we are trying to work out a deal on our current coach for trade in.. We really love the floor plan and size of it and all the storage

DGShaffer 05-22-2013 06:07 PM

I traded an 08 Outlaw in on my DT and was happy with the deal I made. I was even able to get a washer dryer combo thrown in.

I bought mine from a CW in Jersey and they have been great with their willingness to see that all my PDI points were addressed. It's camping season now so the things they couldn't finish will wait until the end of summer.

I also had a squeaking in the dinette slide but found that spraying slide out rubber seal conditioner on the seals made it mostly disappear. I have almost 3k on it so far this season and have been happy with everything.

Their finance department made a boo boo and I got $1k in store credit to make me happy so I installed a dish TV tailgater and receiver. My dealership is top of the line as far as I'm concerned and this is my third Thor product so you know much I like the brand!

M72561 05-23-2013 11:03 AM

2014 37 kt

Kinda new to the whole RVing thing but my wife and I are getting ready to pick up our 2014 37 Kt and was wondering if anyone else had one. We bought a Holiday rambler 2012 alumalite 32sbd (was new) 3 months ago camped in it 4 nights total until DW saw the floor plan for the KT and had to have it since we will travel with friends. WE purchased the HR at 39% off retail so we are comfortable with the deal we worked out on this new unit. Any input on your favorite toad setup would be appreciated also

camaromance 05-23-2013 12:11 PM

We have 2013 37KT and love it. In fact, we'll be spending the holiday weekend in it. Heading into southern jersey for the weekend. Needed the NJ sticker for my map.

bdickson 05-23-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaromance (Post 1578008)
We have 2013 37KT and love it. In fact, we'll be spending the holiday weekend in it. Heading into southern jersey for the weekend. Needed the NJ sticker for my map.

Yeah, we've taken some circuitous routes just to claim another state. Do you have any rules about this? Like having to stay overnight? Or at least stop for a meal? When I traveled all the time on business I had a rule that to claim a state I had to leave the airport. Layovers didn't count.

bdickson 05-23-2013 08:48 PM

Wrong thread.