iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

camaromance 08-09-2013 08:14 PM

Hiya, Don. Hope your summer is going well. Hope your enjoying your new Mo-Ho and getting in all the camping you wanted the season. We will be in the Hagerstown at the KOA next weekend.

Mike 1000 08-09-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1676717)
Ha! Mine had the same damage to the linoleum from the couch wheels! I have a laundry list of issues after just 3k miles but as you, I'm letting the list grow and just waiting until October so they can keep it there for a few months.

If you decide you don't like the externally mounted slinky tube, I have another replacement swing door that I made for mine. You can find photos earlier in this thread.

The noise noted in the slides has gotten quite less over time so hopefully its the new rubber on the paint and they'll all start to go away over time.

Good luck on your shake down trip!

Thanks Don. I haven't tried to hook up the sewer hose yet. I'll keep your offer in mind in case my hose doesn't work with the tube. I saw the photos early in the thread; looks good.

Kathy and I have found some 2x10 floor registers online with dampers, so we will be doing that modification too. I also plan on checking the ladder screws for sheared heads and looking at the mirror door screws as well. Lots of good information here.

So far, we don't have a pronounced slide noise, but will watch for it.

We are south of you on the Maryland Eastern Shore.

DGShaffer 08-10-2013 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaromance (Post 1679207)
Hiya, Don. Hope your summer is going well. Hope your enjoying your new Mo-Ho and getting in all the camping you wanted the season. We will be in the Hagerstown at the KOA next weekend.

So far we've been really enjoying the Challenger. We've managed to get out most every other weekend and even met a couple that we've camped with on a couple of occasions. We're heading out to the Hershey show together next month so if you do make it out there we should grab lunch or something.

Mgoldfinger 08-10-2013 06:17 PM

Thanks for the info!

Hi,
My wife and I and our twin boys have had our Challenger 37DT since last June...
We really enjoy it and it makes for great family time.
We have added a sub woofer(under the sofa behind the storage drawer). It made a huge difference when watching a movie. We added a stabilizer to minimize any swaying when large trucks pass by...works great!
This is my first post so I thought I would mention. A few of the things we have done. I'll post some others soon.
Thanks

bdickson 08-10-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgoldfinger (Post 1680395)
Hi,
My wife and I and our twin boys have had our Challenger 37DT since last June...
We really enjoy it and it makes for great family time.
We have added a sub woofer(under the sofa behind the storage drawer). It made a huge difference when watching a movie. We added a stabilizer to minimize any swaying when large trucks pass by...works great!
This is my first post so I thought I would mention. A few of the things we have done. I'll post some others soon.
Thanks

My 37GT came with a Sony sound bar below the main TV and a subwoofer under the couch.

Mgoldfinger 08-11-2013 05:06 AM

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for mentioning the performance upgrades...I looked them up...
How do youlike the results of each od them? Are they worth doing?

rvbunz 08-11-2013 11:43 AM

I've been trying to find the photos of the trap door for the slinky tube replacement I believe that is what it is for. Can't seem to find them can the poster guide me to the right post?

Thanks

DGShaffer 08-11-2013 03:01 PM

Here is the post to the removal of the tube https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor...ml#post1482886

And this is the latest revision using a backing plate and stainless steel hardware
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor...ml#post1484091

Mike 1000 08-11-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 1511042)
here are pictures of my solution.

I want to use your solution to getting the water hose out of the compartment with the door closed. Do you recall where you found the plastic piece with lid for the hole you drilled in the compartment floor?

bdickson 08-11-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike 1000 (Post 1681823)
I want to use your solution to getting the water hose out of the compartment with the door closed. Do you recall where you found the plastic piece with lid for the hole you drilled in the compartment floor?

Electrical Cable Hatch - White - RV Designer B120 - Electrical Hatches & Outlets - Camping World

Mike 1000 08-11-2013 08:18 PM

Thanks, I just ordered 2 of them. :Thanx:

Mike

DGShaffer 08-12-2013 04:07 AM

That's a better solution if you want to retain the slinky tube.

Mike 1000 08-13-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaromance (Post 1496412)
Don,

You should have an upper and lower grate access on the outside of your slide. The vent pipe runs vertical on what should be the right side behind those grates. It draws air in from the bottom and the vents out of the top grate. Even with just the lower grate removed, you should be able to see up the vent by contorting yourself and looking up the vent pipe or just use a mirror. The flame is nothing more than a pilot light. You probably know this already but, another place to keep an eye on is the vent for the water heater. Spiders and wasps can clog that up with their nests which can create a real problem. To prevent these things from happening, I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and bought the set of three metal mesh sink strainers. Of the three sizes that are in there, two of them are the perfect size. One goes over the vent for the hot water heater, the other goes over the air intake for the engine. We turn on both the gas and electric at the same time to help recover the hot water n the morning. It works so well it's almost like one of those hot water generators. I leave my fridge running all season. Hell, in the summertime, I usually have more groceries in the camper than I do in the house.

Jimmy, I'm insect-proofing my 2013 Challenger DT now. I already have screens to keep insects out of the furnace and hot water heater and screens for the long openings in the refridgerator grates. Have you found a clever solution to screening the small openings on each side of the long openings in the refridgerator grates?:angel:

Mike 1000 08-13-2013 12:36 PM

Loving just about everything on our new 2013 Challenger 37DT, but sure wish the awning went out further from the coach. The one on my last RV, a Four Winds 25C, extended several feet further. Between the shortness of the one on the Challenger and the height of the awning above the ground, it doesn't seem like it will give us much protection from sun or rain. I can't think of any solution.