iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

okiefrank 09-09-2013 11:22 PM

What kind of problems?

okiefrank 09-09-2013 11:28 PM

Has anyone had a problem with the curtains on the front side windows, the folding night shades, I HATE them they are stiff they won't cooperate when we try to fold them, also the roll-up night shade and the roll up sun shade on the windshield. They won't stay in the guides, any suggestions?

bdickson 09-10-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiefrank (Post 1721756)
Has anyone had a problem with the curtains on the front side windows, the folding night shades, I HATE them they are stiff they won't cooperate when we try to fold them, also the roll-up night shade and the roll up sun shade on the windshield. They won't stay in the guides, any suggestions?

We don't use the side curtains at night. We figured that no one can see in anyway. Our night and sun roller blinds come out of the track sometimes. It seems like the rods are a half inch too short. I'm thinking of replacing them with a longer rod if I can find something suitable.

rvbunz 09-10-2013 09:36 AM

I had to have my front windsdhield shades adjusted twice. The first time a dealer did it and it didn't last, the second time is when I was at Thor and they replaced the rods with longer ons to keep them in the track. It is still not perfect, the rods stay in but the fabric will pop out in the center of the track at times. I put MCD shades on my side windows. The only problem is that they don't cover the whole window.

camaromance 09-10-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 1721381)
Had a severe thunderstorm come through last evening. Weather channel said winds to 50mph and torrential rain. Certainly felt like it, we were rocking on the jacks for 20 minutes and the rain on the roof was deafening. This morning I noticed a small amount of water on the dash, close to center. There were a couple of drips showing on the plastic trim around the top of the windshield. I popped off the inspection panel in the center glass fronted cabinet and looked around with a light and mirror. No water visible. Then I removed the plastic windshield trim and found it was a little wet on the inside. My thought is that rain was driven in past the windshield seal. Anyone else experienced this?

I have not had any leaks from the windshield. We went through that doratio about a year ago and the windshield was pointed into it. I didn't see any water coming in. That would concern me a little if I thought the window channel was metal but I think the front cap is all fiberglass. I could be wrong though. I had a similar problem on my 70 Camaro with the OEM rubber. The rubber channel ends butted up at the top of the window and the metal trim had a little cap piece there. I ditched the trim and when the window was put back in after it was painted, i used a single piece of channel rubber. Haven't had a problem since but, it doesn't see rain. My point is, you might look to see if the rubber terminates and buts up at the top of the windshield. If so, a little silicon may do the trick. I'm not at home to look at mine but I'll check when I get back.

camaromance 09-10-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

I can get my side shades to fold up easy enough but the snap strap that holds them leaves the bottom flared out and aggravates me when I'm driving. My plan is to get a couple of those Velcro cable straps to hold the bottom but I seem to forget to do it until I'm driving.

I had the same problem with the front day and night shades. My dealer added what looks like about a 2" piece of rubber tubing to each of the ends to hold it in the track. They don't fall out of the track anymore but the edge of the shade will sometimes billow out a bit. I consider it fixed well enough.

DGShaffer 09-10-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 1721381)
Had a severe thunderstorm come through last evening. Weather channel said winds to 50mph and torrential rain. Certainly felt like it, we were rocking on the jacks for 20 minutes and the rain on the roof was deafening. This morning I noticed a small amount of water on the dash, close to center. There were a couple of drips showing on the plastic trim around the top of the windshield. I popped off the inspection panel in the center glass fronted cabinet and looked around with a light and mirror. No water visible. Then I removed the plastic windshield trim and found it was a little wet on the inside. My thought is that rain was driven in past the windshield seal. Anyone else experienced this?

I had to remove and reseal the marker lights on the Challenger and the Outlaw. I thought it was the windshield on the outlaw and had the dealer try to fix it but it would still drip. That drip kept getting worse as the seal behind the marker lights started failing over time. After that, not a drop on either MH since.

DGShaffer 09-10-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Folding the side shades just takes patience but they fold right back the way they were.

The rode in the shades in the windshield are too short. I bought two aluminum rods from McMaster Carr and cut them almost 2" longer as I recall. Since then not a single issue
McMaster-Carr

bdickson 09-10-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1722813)
I had to remove and reseal the marker lights on the Challenger and the Outlaw. I thought it was the windshield on the outlaw and had the dealer try to fix it but it would still drip. That drip kept getting worse as the seal behind the marker lights started failing over time. After that, not a drop on either MH since.

Don, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the marker lights. There's an inspection panel in the center closet and I can see the center 3 lights through it. No water there. I'm going to check the rubber seal when we get to our destination next week.

okiefrank 09-10-2013 08:02 PM

What does the little camp fires after our names represent?

DGShaffer 09-11-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 1722941)
Don, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the marker lights. There's an inspection panel in the center closet and I can see the center 3 lights through it. No water there. I'm going to check the rubber seal when we get to our destination next week.

Hopefully it's not the windshield, I've heard of people chasing those leaks season after season. If you can find a shop to pressure test it, that's the surest way to find the leak.

DGShaffer 09-11-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiefrank (Post 1723010)
What does the little camp fires after our names represent?

How many times you've given bad advise :popcorn:

bigdonedmon 09-11-2013 06:31 AM

Sbleieiss
What did thor do to fix your slide noise? Did they fix it. If you go to the Thor owners form on this site and look down to Challenger 37DT slide noise you can see it is a problem. Plesae not what the fix was.

Don

rvbunz 09-11-2013 06:41 AM

To all:
I have started a new thread called Thor Gas Club/Thor Motor Coach Club ( Thor coaches) Check it out and take the poll if interested. It has some updates as to where I am on this topic.

Thanks
Bob