iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

M72561 09-21-2013 03:31 PM

Bob,

I was just starting to research the air bags and came across the firestone product. I guess I will need to do more indepth research to see what can be used on a Thor. What is the reason it can't be used

thanks

rvbunz 09-22-2013 09:25 AM

I was told by an air step supplier that the Thor chassis are differnent from other manufactures and the bags won't fit.

JohnG2013KT 09-25-2013 11:46 AM

Deadbolt issue ..
 
Is anyone else having issues with throwing the deadbolt? ..

Twice now, I've had the door fly open .. when I thought it was latched? .. So now, I don't dare take off unless the deadbolt is locked? ..

However . it's getting more and more difficult to get it to lock? .. I have to repeatedly shut the door .. (and of course the steps fold up) then try the deadbolt .. It seems that there is a small sweet spot for the door/latch where it clears the bracket on the door frame?

Any thoughts?

bigdonedmon 09-25-2013 12:08 PM

I have a 2013 Challenger 37DT. I can't seem to get my steps to retract when in storage and the step up button pushed and the storage button engaged. Any suggestions?

DGShaffer 09-25-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnG2013KT (Post 1742399)
Is anyone else having issues with throwing the deadbolt? ..

Twice now, I've had the door fly open .. when I thought it was latched? .. So now, I don't dare take off unless the deadbolt is locked? ..

However . it's getting more and more difficult to get it to lock? .. I have to repeatedly shut the door .. (and of course the steps fold up) then try the deadbolt .. It seems that there is a small sweet spot for the door/latch where it clears the bracket on the door frame?

Any thoughts?


You might try adjusting the two pins on the door, they can be turned in and out for adjustment. The plate on the frame of the door opening is adjustable up and down

DGShaffer 09-25-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdonedmon (Post 1742425)
I have a 2013 Challenger 37DT. I can't seem to get my steps to retract when in storage and the step up button pushed and the storage button engaged. Any suggestions?

When you get out for the last time when putting it in storage, close the screen door and this will retract the steps so you can reach through the opening and hit the storage switch. Now the steps are in and you can close and lock the outer door.

bigdonedmon 09-25-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1742511)
When you get out for the last time when putting it in storage, close the screen door and this will retract the steps so you can reach through the opening and hit the storage switch. Now the steps are in and you can close and lock the outer door.

DGShaffer,
Thanks a lot, you are the best....I am on my way to get my steps in...

bdickson 09-25-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1742511)

When you get out for the last time when putting it in storage, close the screen door and this will retract the steps so you can reach through the opening and hit the storage switch. Now the steps are in and you can close and lock the outer door.

On my 37GT I'd need a five foot long arm. The storage switch is on a panel at ceiling height above and just to the side of the door.

DGShaffer 09-25-2013 06:58 PM

The power to the steps on my Outlaw wasn't cut off when the battery cutoff switch was switched off. I was surprised when I closed up my DT for the first time. Luckily it's within reach through the screen door or the steps would be out all winter

sbleiweiss 09-26-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1742511)
When you get out for the last time when putting it in storage, close the screen door and this will retract the steps so you can reach through the opening and hit the storage switch. Now the steps are in and you can close and lock the outer door.

By storage switch do you guys mean the battery use switch? I don't know of any switch called storage switch.

DGShaffer 09-26-2013 09:22 AM

That's the one.

okiefrank 09-27-2013 12:31 AM

Storage switch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1743366)
That's the one.

The storage switch on my 37GT is located above the door and cannot be reached from the outside.

DGShaffer 09-27-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiefrank (Post 1744370)
The storage switch on my 37GT is located above the door and cannot be reached from the outside.

That's too bad they decided to move it.

Mgoldfinger 10-06-2013 08:08 AM

Question to anyone with experience on this...my headlights are not bright enough for me and I am looking for an upgrade. Any recommendations? I'm thinking an HID kit is going to give me the highest lumen output.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.