iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

camaromance 10-31-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1788436)
You can do a search in this thread for my "Crapper Flapper". I designed my own storage tube replacement because I like and use the Rhino Flex hose and it didn't fit into the tube. With my door, the sewer and water hose fit through side by side. I use an inline pressure regulator as well as a shutoff valve, they screw right into the 90 degree adapter and the door closes just fine.

Ahhh, the crapper-flapper. For awhile there, I thought we were gonna have a naming contest for it. I guess that could have gotten a little rude for the public posting.

DGShaffer 10-31-2013 06:29 PM

That was John's name for it and I adopted it as my own in his absence. That guy just seemed to fall off the face of the earth didn't he?

camaromance 10-31-2013 07:01 PM

Yeah, he sure did. I sent him a message shortly after the Boston marathon incident but never heard anything back. Are you camping during the Veterans day weekend?

camaromance 10-31-2013 07:05 PM

I just ordered my 5 star tuner. I have to get the SCT unit so I can read the PCM code. The sticker was covered up with expansion foam and I didn't want to tear it apart looking for a sticker that might not be there. How did you figure out yours?

DGShaffer 10-31-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaromance (Post 1789175)
Yeah, he sure did. I sent him a message shortly after the Boston marathon incident but never heard anything back. Are you camping during the Veterans day weekend?

I have my appointment at the factory the week of November 18th. After that we're off to our favorite southern Christmas vacation spot, Dauphin Island in Gulf Shores Alabama!

DGShaffer 10-31-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaromance (Post 1789179)
I just ordered my 5 star tuner. I have to get the SCT unit so I can read the PCM code. The sticker was covered up with expansion foam and I didn't want to tear it apart looking for a sticker that might not be there. How did you figure out yours?

I have my SCT unit from when I added the tune to my Outlaw so I'll be using that to down load the data Mike needs to build the tune for my Challenger. The sticker was pretty visible on my Outlaw though. I'm waiting for the trip home from the factory to hook up the SCT module so that I can run a data log on the trip so he has a history to review. I'll get the tune installed for the trip south.

camaromance 10-31-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1789251)
I have my SCT unit from when I added the tune to my Outlaw so I'll be using that to down load the data Mike needs to build the tune for my Challenger. The sticker was pretty visible on my Outlaw though. I'm waiting for the trip home from the factory to hook up the SCT module so that I can run a data log on the trip so he has a history to review. I'll get the tune installed for the trip south.

Sounds like you have it all figured out. The PCM is located exactly where the website said it would be. Unfortunately, the entire end where the three plugs attach at the firewall is completely covered in foam. I'm sure once you send Mike the data, he'll be able to tell which model PCM you have. I asked him if he could build me one for economy vice towing. I missed his call today and didn't get a chance to call him back.

DGShaffer 11-01-2013 05:01 AM

That's what mine was, 87 octane with towing. It's worth it just for the updated shifting schedule. The added throttle response and HP is a bonus

bdickson 11-10-2013 11:51 AM

Has anyone tried to remove the rear lights on their 2013 Challenger? I'm talking about the stop, turn and reverse lights on the back cap which on my coach are 3 separate, round lights. I'm thinking about converting to LED lights, so I removed the chrome ring from one of the fittings. The rest of the light assembly appears to have been installed from behind the cap! Is there a secret to getting it out?

bdickson 11-10-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 1800963)
Has anyone tried to remove the rear lights on their 2013 Challenger? I'm talking about the stop, turn and reverse lights on the back cap which on my coach are 3 separate, round lights. I'm thinking about converting to LED lights, so I removed the chrome ring from one of the fittings. The rest of the light assembly appears to have been installed from behind the cap! Is there a secret to getting it out?

Never mind, I figured it out. After removing the bezel, the light assembly can be pried out of the rubber surround with a small screwdriver blade. Its a sealed unit, there is no way to replace just the bulb.

rvbunz 11-10-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 1800982)
Never mind, I figured it out. After removing the bezel, the light assembly can be pried out of the rubber surround with a small screwdriver blade. Its a sealed unit, there is no way to replace just the bulb.

I have a backup light out, are you saying I cannot just change the bulb?

tcopeland 11-10-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1801033)
I have a backup light out, are you saying I cannot just change the bulb?

Changed one on our trip. It's a sealed unit . Can't change just the bulb.

tcopeland 11-10-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcopeland (Post 1801058)
Changed one on our trip. It's a sealed unit . Can't change just the bulb.

Got one at O'Riellys

bdickson 11-10-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcopeland (Post 1801062)
Got one at O'Riellys

Did you happen to notice if they had any LED units the same size?