iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

tcopeland 11-10-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 1801078)
Did you happen to notice if they had any LED units the same size?

Sorry did not think of that.

bdickson 11-10-2013 04:31 PM

These are what Thor used:

1T-L4C- INCANDESCENT LAMP -BACKUP

and I'm pretty sure these LED lights would fit in the hole:

L15-0050- LED TAIL LAMP 52 DIODE

Webman9113 11-11-2013 07:37 AM

Question about cockpit bunk...
 
Hey, all -

We're looking into getting a Challenger 37KT (2014.5 model), and we had a question for anyone who's got the drop-down cockpit bunk that Thor is offering in it as an option. I read that Thor provides a standard Coleman air mattress, but is there enough space when the bunk is raised to leave in some sort of foam mattress and - most importantly (because we hate house chores between stops, LOL!) - can you leave the bed made when you raise it?

Also, does anyone have the 2014.5 model with the washer/dryer? I'd love to see any pics of that. :)

Thanks much!

rvbunz 11-11-2013 10:09 AM

Bruce, I have a backup light out. I called Thor to see if it is under warranty since it under a year old. It is, however I have to take it to a dealership to get it check. Well I decided to swap lights and the light from the other side won't work, so I have a wiring problem not a light. I also called Kaper II and the part number you listed L15-0050- LED TAIL LAMP 52 DIODE is not a back up light it is a clear lens with red led lights. She did some research for me and if you want to convert to LED's here is what you need: Amber, L030085 ($23.70 ea) Red L150090 ($23.70 ea) and Clear L160049 ($40.24 ea) Total for a complete set is $175.28 plus shipping. They charge whatever the shipper charges them, no extra. I'm thinking of ordering a set. By the way she told me that these are matching lights. All have the same number of diodes.

rvbunz 11-11-2013 10:16 AM

Webman9113, Yes the optional bunks come with a coleman air mattress. I don't belive you can leave it inflated when you store the bunk. I would call Thor customer service and ask them. I also have a gentleman at Total Value RV who I'm sure can answer your question. Call David at 866-282-4460, tell him Bob from NC told you to call. Good Luck

bdickson 11-11-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1802071)
Bruce, I have a backup light out. I called Thor to see if it is under warranty since it under a year old. It is, however I have to take it to a dealership to get it check. Well I decided to swap lights and the light from the other side won't work, so I have a wiring problem not a light. I also called Kaper II and the part number you listed L15-0050- LED TAIL LAMP 52 DIODE is not a back up light it is a clear lens with red led lights. She did some research for me and if you want to convert to LED's here is what you need: Amber, L030085 ($23.70 ea) Red L150090 ($23.70 ea) and Clear L160049 ($40.24 ea) Total for a complete set is $175.28 plus shipping. They charge whatever the shipper charges them, no extra. I'm thinking of ordering a set. By the way she told me that these are matching lights. All have the same number of diodes.

Great information, thanks for sharing. Did she by any chance say if the turn signals will work as is or do you need to add resistors?

Webman9113 11-11-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1802076)
Webman9113, Yes the optional bunks come with a coleman air mattress. I don't belive you can leave it inflated when you store the bunk. I would call Thor customer service and ask them. I also have a gentleman at Total Value RV who I'm sure can answer your question. Call David at 866-282-4460, tell him Bob from NC told you to call. Good Luck

Great, thanks for the info!

rvbunz 11-12-2013 06:41 AM

Bruce as far as I know they will work. If you plan on converting I would ask that question to make sure. She did say that they are matching and recommended this would be the way to go.

okiefrank 11-13-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1803117)
Bruce as far as I know they will work. If you plan on converting I would ask that question to make sure. She did say that they are matching and recommended this would be the way to go.

Has anyone replaced or checked on replacing the high intensity light bulbs in the ceiling fixtures in the 37GT, they use a bunch of electricity as do the hanging lights on the bar.

DGShaffer 11-13-2013 04:48 AM

Not yet. Let us know what you come up with if you do though

JohnG2013KT 11-14-2013 09:17 AM

Adding DirecTV SWM - running coax
 
Hi ... Does anyone have any experience running additional coax/cables in their RV?

I've purchased an RV Tailgate setup package (DirecTV dish with a SWM 3LNB on a tripod). .. and I'm thinking that instead of mucking with the existing coax, over the air antenna and cable tv coax, I will just run a new drop .. providing a new connection just for the satellite either up near the front or perhaps in the left rear next to the existing connection.

The new sat receivers are all HDMI out now, so I will be adding 2 HDMI splitters and HDMI cables. This will mean that whenever I want to use the satellite feed, I will just have to switch the input source on each TV ..

My plan is to place one receiver and splitter under the TV in the desk slide and run a HDMI cable thru the storage compartment and come up in the couch slide, connecting to the exterior TV..

A second receiver and splitter will be located behind the TV in the bedroom with a HDMI cable run thru the closet over to the TV in the dining area.

My question/concern is routing the cable from the storage area up into the slides. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? .. It seems that for the connection in the front, I can just add a coax wall plate underneath the slide and run the coax up thru the floor into the desk cabinet .. ? ..

Not sure about the right side slide .. I need to figure out how to run the coax thru the storage compartment up into the slide?

Any thoughts?

Thanks
John

camaromance 11-14-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnG2013KT (Post 1805915)
Hi ... Does anyone have any experience running additional coax/cables in their RV? I've purchased an RV Tailgate setup package (DirecTV dish with a SWM 3LNB on a tripod). .. and I'm thinking that instead of mucking with the existing coax, over the air antenna and cable tv coax, I will just run a new drop .. providing a new connection just for the satellite either up near the front or perhaps in the left rear next to the existing connection. The new sat receivers are all HDMI out now, so I will be adding 2 HDMI splitters and HDMI cables. This will mean that whenever I want to use the satellite feed, I will just have to switch the input source on each TV .. My plan is to place one receiver and splitter under the TV in the desk slide and run a HDMI cable thru the storage compartment and come up in the couch slide, connecting to the exterior TV.. A second receiver and splitter will be located behind the TV in the bedroom with a HDMI cable run thru the closet over to the TV in the dining area. My question/concern is routing the cable from the storage area up into the slides. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? .. It seems that for the connection in the front, I can just add a coax wall plate underneath the slide and run the coax up thru the floor into the desk cabinet .. ? .. Not sure about the right side slide .. I need to figure out how to run the coax thru the storage compartment up into the slide? Any thoughts? Thanks John

John, that sounds like a lot of extra work for nothing. The entertainment system is already wired for sat and has its own switching amp unit. Maybe I'm missing something. I think DGShaffer runs the same setup you plan to put in. I'm sure he will respond sometime soon. He's good like that.

DGShaffer 11-14-2013 11:26 AM

Actually I have had the worst luck with my tailgater sat dish up here in the east. My preference is to camp in the woods and with the satellites being so low on the horizon any obstructions at all keep me from being able to use it. I even bought a flag pole buddy and made a long post to put it on but have had so poor luck that I don't anticipate using it again until I head to Alabama. To be honest, I might just sell it and the receiver all together.

camaromance 11-14-2013 11:33 AM

That sucks. The wife and buy seasons of shows we didn't get around to watching. Makes for good entertainment during the down times. Netflix is nice to if you can get the bandwidth. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

TV is becoming less important these days, it seems. That might explain why I have more TVs in the MoHo than I do in the house.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.