iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

DGShaffer 12-02-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 1829750)
Anyone else think the stock horn on the Challenger is puny? I just installed these bad boys and they are LOUD!

That's great! :rofl:

bdickson 12-02-2013 06:30 PM

I was in a Camping World today and they had a 2014 Challenger 37DT on the lot. I was able to see that several of the annoyances on the 2013's have been corrected. The big black sewer pipe is gone, just a conventional hatch with screw in cover. They have added a smaller hatch in the wet bay for city water hose and coax access. The 50 amp shore cable now has a twistlock connector instead of being hard wired. These were all issues I had to deal with myself on my 2013 37GT.

I wanted to get inside the coach, but I was told that CW had only one salesperson on duty and he was too busy to talk to me. They didn't know I was not in the market, I could have been a keen buyer with a pocketful of cash for all they knew. That's no way to run a railroad as they say.

DGShaffer 12-02-2013 07:50 PM

I'd be interested in seeing the inside as well. I wonder if they saw my crapper flapper install on the site :2funny:

bdickson 12-02-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1830057)
I'd be interested in seeing the inside as well. I wonder if they saw my crapper flapper install on the site :2funny:

you could sue them for patent infringement and get millions in damages!

rvbunz 12-02-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 1829944)
I was in a Camping World today and they had a 2014 Challenger 37DT on the lot. I was able to see that several of the annoyances on the 2013's have been corrected. The big black sewer pipe is gone, just a conventional hatch with screw in cover. They have added a smaller hatch in the wet bay for city water hose and coax access. The 50 amp shore cable now has a twistlock connector instead of being hard wired. These were all issues I had to deal with myself on my 2013 37GT.

I wanted to get inside the coach, but I was told that CW had only one salesperson on duty and he was too busy to talk to me. They didn't know I was not in the market, I could have been a keen buyer with a pocketful of cash for all they knew. That's no way to run a railroad as they say.

Did you look at the 2014 or the 2014.5? I looked at the. 5 online and like the new front and rear caps. The DW doesn't like the countertops, they changed them to white. I like the stinky slinky tube on my challenger. Just rinse the tube out well.

bdickson 12-02-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1830080)
Did you look at the 2014 or the 2014.5? I looked at the. 5 online and like the new front and rear caps. The DW doesn't like the countertops, they changed them to white. I like the stinky slinky tube on my challenger. Just rinse the tube out well.

Not sure if it was a .5 or not. The rear cap is certainly different, big square window, looked nice. I actually like the sewer pipe, after I modified it. I permanently installed a 3 foot section of slinky inside it. At the outer end I attached a 6 inch clear section which is held in place with 4 screws that go through the black pipe but just pinch the outside of the clear section. I threw away the big screw on cap and replaced it with a bayonet cap. It's very easy to hook the slinky up to it. I think between my solution and Don's Crapper Flapper we have the beginnings of a sewage disposal business here. :D

By the way, did you get your LED tail lights installed yet?

rvbunz 12-02-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 1830109)
Not sure if it was a .5 or not. The rear cap is certainly different, big square window, looked nice. I actually like the sewer pipe, after I modified it. I permanently installed a 3 foot section of slinky inside it. At the outer end I attached a 6 inch clear section which is held in place with 4 screws that go through the black pipe but just pinch the outside of the clear section. I threw away the big screw on cap and replaced it with a bayonet cap. It's very easy to hook the slinky up to it. I think between my solution and Don's Crapper Flapper we have the beginnings of a sewage disposal business here. :D

By the way, did you get your LED tail lights installed yet?

I'd like to see photos of your tube mod. No I haven't ordered to led lights yet. Did you change your lights yet?

bdickson 12-02-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1830113)
I'd like to see photos of your tube mod. No I haven't ordered to led lights yet. Did you change your lights yet?

No, I got sidetracked into installing air horns, which bled the one gallon tank down too fast so I had to piggyback a 5 gallon tank on to it, and for good measure I added a pressure gauge on the dash. When I (and my Visa card) have recovered I'll look at the LED lights again.

sbleiweiss 12-03-2013 09:03 AM

Does anybody know if you really have to use MH or marine toilet paper on these bad boys? I don't see why. They get dumped regularly into normal sewers. Seems like no more reason in a MH than in a brick and morter home.

DGShaffer 12-03-2013 09:35 AM

A good test for any RV or Marine use paper is to fill a glass with water and put a couple of sheets in it. If it breaks up when you stir it then it's good to use.

We use Scott paper. The reason is the same as if you have a septic system at your home. Most dump stations require regular pump outs and that more the paper breaks up, the less frequent they fill up

camaromance 12-03-2013 11:04 AM

11 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1830608)
A good test for any RV or Marine use paper is to fill a glass with water and put a couple of sheets in it. If it breaks up when you stir it then it's good to use. We use Scott paper. The reason is the same as if you have a septic system at your home. Most dump stations require regular pump outs and that more the paper breaks up, the less frequent they fill up

Hey, Don. Here are some pictures of the campsites. The website should let you know which ones are available for the time period you plan on being here. I'm in site 2607 which is nice. 2608 seems really nice, too. I'm not sure if all are available to rent. My iPad app wouldn't let me message these to you so everyone gets to enjoy. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.

Jimmy



Attachment 51187



Attachment 51188



Attachment 51189



Attachment 51190



Attachment 51191



Attachment 51192



Attachment 51193



Attachment 51194



Attachment 51195



Attachment 51196



Attachment 51197

DGShaffer 12-03-2013 11:22 AM

Thanks Jim, As soon as we figure out when we plan on going south we'll set up a site. I like its proximity to my house as well as the riding roads in the area

rvbunz 12-03-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaromance (Post 1830737)

Hey, Don. Here are some pictures of the campsites. The website should let you know which ones are available for the time period you plan on being here. I'm in site 2607 which is nice. 2608 seems really nice, too. I'm not sure if all are available to rent. My iPad app wouldn't let me message these to you so everyone gets to enjoy. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.

Jimmy

Hope you don't mind me buttin in but where is this campground and what is the name of it?

camaromance 12-03-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1830770)
Hope you don't mind me buttin in but where is this campground and what is the name of it?

Here is the website

https://www.hiddenmountain.com/cabin-type/the-dell-rv/

It's close to Pigeon Forge, TN.


It's not really a campground. It's more like owner sites that are rented out when their not being used. There is no camp store close but the resort lodge up the street is supposed to be nice. I haven't been in yet.

Full hookup with cable. Nice class A exclusive park with reasonable rates.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.