iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

DGShaffer 12-23-2013 06:32 AM

I drove through a day long rain but I made it to Dauphin Island! The front that is moving into the east started in the Gulf and proceeded north and slowly east so that meant that we were in the line of storms from Saturday around midnight all the was through last night around 8:00. This challenger is as water tight as a frogs ass to be sure. My Outlaw had many leaks when being driven through heavy rain. I'm very happy with this little fact!

I installed Mikes tune just before the trip. I'm towing a MC trailer with my Harley in it and it did seem to shift into the lower gear sooner than I'd like which meant I was turning off the cruise control on most hills. I'll write Mike today and see if he can modify it. I brought the module with me so I can upload it prior to the return trip

rvbunz 12-23-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1854992)
I drove through a day long rain but I made it to Dauphin Island! The front that is moving into the east started in the Gulf and proceeded north and slowly east so that meant that we were in the line of storms from Saturday around midnight all the was through last night around 8:00. This challenger is as water tight as a frogs ass to be sure. My Outlaw had many leaks when being driven through heavy rain. I'm very happy with this little fact!

I installed Mikes tune just before the trip. I'm towing a MC trailer with my Harley in it and it did seem to shift into the lower gear sooner than I'd like which meant I was turning off the cruise control on most hills. I'll write Mike today and see if he can modify it. I brought the module with me so I can upload it prior to the return trip

Have a safe trip. I'll be heading out Sat for our seven week Fl trip. Mat head to gulf coast while we are down that way.

DGShaffer 12-23-2013 05:18 PM

Thank you. You have a great trip as well. Enjoy the warm weather and have a Merry Christmas!

bdickson 12-23-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1854773)
No I actually bought the unit on eBay. I'm going to test it on our upcoming trip, before I decide whether or not to get the trim

I'll be interested to hear your report. I don't quite understand how the Safe T Plus without the trim unit can help with crosswinds. I turn the wheel into the crosswind and have to exert pressure on the wheel until I press the trim button momentarily, at which point all the effort goes away and I can hold the wheel, still at an angle, with pretty much two fingers. Let me know how it goes! :popcorn:

By the way, if you are taking I-95 from NC to FL, we are volunteering at Santee National Wildlife Refuge in S Carolina, a half mile from exit 102. Swing by and say hi!

rvbunz 12-23-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 1855659)
I'll be interested to hear your report. I don't quite understand how the Safe T Plus without the trim unit can help with crosswinds. I turn the wheel into the crosswind and have to exert pressure on the wheel until I press the trim button momentarily, at which point all the effort goes away and I can hold the wheel, still at an angle, with pretty much two fingers. Let me know how it goes! :popcorn:

By the way, if you are taking I-95 from NC to FL, we are volunteering at Santee National Wildlife Refuge in S Carolina, a half mile from exit 102. Swing by and say hi!

I sure will

rvbunz 12-24-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1855664)

I sure will

Bdickson, can we get in there towing and get out easily?

bdickson 12-24-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1856498)
Bdickson, can we get in there towing and get out easily?

Yes, you can drive around the parking lot and out again. Here are the Google Earth coordinates: 33.532461, -80.431794. From I-95 SC exit 102, follow the signs for Santee National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center. Fort Watson Road is fairly narrow but I took my Challenger with tow in with no problems.

When do you think you might be there?

rvbunz 12-24-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 1856691)
Yes, you can drive around the parking lot and out again. Here are the Google Earth coordinates: 33.532461, -80.431794. From I-95 SC exit 102, follow the signs for Santee National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center. Fort Watson Road is fairly narrow but I took my Challenger with tow in with no problems.

When do you think you might be there?

We plan on leaving home around 8am and should hit the SC line around 10. I usually stop at the welcome center for a pit stop then for fuel at the flying j. I would guess somewhere around noon.

bdickson 12-24-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1856701)
We plan on leaving home around 8am and should hit the SC line around 10. I usually stop at the welcome center for a pit stop then for fuel at the flying j. I would guess somewhere around noon.

On what day? :cool:
Edit: I just saw in a previous post its Saturday.

SPovelko 12-24-2013 05:42 PM

2013 Thor Challenger 37XT

October 30th the wife and I finally pulled the trigger and traded our class C in for our first class A. We read all the reviews and lokked at every model out there and decided the 2013 Thor Challenger 37XT fit the bill.We purchased the new RV from Giant RV in Colton California ,as there were none available in Las Vegas were we live.I wish I could say that we have had a nice experience ,but it has been anything other than that.When we did the walkthrough a small crack was noticed at the top passenger side of the front windshield.The service manager at Giant RV agreed to ship it to the Authorized Thor Dealer in Las Vegas(Camping World) to be replaced. After six weeks of waiting for Giant RV and Thor to agree who was going to pay for the new windshield I was finally able to drop it off to get replaced.This was two weeks ago.I recieved a call from Camping World yesterday informing me that the front cap on the RV is defective and the new windshield will not fit properly which is why the original windshield cracked in the first place.I contacted Thor directly to express my dissatisfaction.The Thor rep agreed to contact Camping Word immediatly.I called the Thor rep back the next day and he had no idea who I was.Needless to say I blew my stack(bet he remembers me next time). I have owned this rv for two months now and have not been able to use it! I do however continue to make the rather large payments on it. has anyone had any issues with thier windshields ,or any front cap issues ???

SPovelko 12-24-2013 05:46 PM

2013 Thor Challenger 37KT

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1856775)
October 30th the wife and I finally pulled the trigger and traded our class C in for our first class A. We read all the reviews and lokked at every model out there and decided the 2013 Thor Challenger 37XT fit the bill.We purchased the new RV from Giant RV in Colton California ,as there were none available in Las Vegas were we live.I wish I could say that we have had a nice experience ,but it has been anything other than that.When we did the walkthrough a small crack was noticed at the top passenger side of the front windshield.The service manager at Giant RV agreed to ship it to the Authorized Thor Dealer in Las Vegas(Camping World) to be replaced. After six weeks of waiting for Giant RV and Thor to agree who was going to pay for the new windshield I was finally able to drop it off to get replaced.This was two weeks ago.I recieved a call from Camping World yesterday informing me that the front cap on the RV is defective and the new windshield will not fit properly which is why the original windshield cracked in the first place.I contacted Thor directly to express my dissatisfaction.The Thor rep agreed to contact Camping Word immediatly.I called the Thor rep back the next day and he had no idea who I was.Needless to say I blew my stack(bet he remembers me next time). I have owned this rv for two months now and have not been able to use it! I do however continue to make the rather large payments on it. has anyone had any issues with thier windshields ,or any front cap issues ???

Sorry the model number is 37KT

rvbunz 12-24-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1856779)

Sorry the model number is 37KT

My windshield totally cracked while I was leveling my coach while at Thor service center. It was replaced there. We have a37Dt

SPovelko 12-24-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1856783)
My windshield totally cracked while I was leveling my coach while at Thor service center. It was replaced there. We have a37Dt

Sorry to hear that.I had not read of any windshield related issues with the Thor Challenger prior to purchasing the new rig. Starting to think we might have made a mistake.Thor does appear to be trying to resolve the problem.My wife and I are just sorely dissappointed about not being able to use our new coach.:sad:

rvbunz 12-24-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1856789)

Sorry to hear that.I had not read of any windshield related issues with the Thor Challenger prior to purchasing the new rig. Starting to think we might have made a mistake.Thor does appear to be trying to resolve the problem.My wife and I are just sorely dissappointed about not being able to use our new coach.:sad:

I know it is frustrating but once Thor takes care of the problems you will enjoy your coach. If you have any questions that I maybe able to help you with pm me, I'll do my best to help you out.
Merry Christmas