iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

SPovelko 12-24-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1856795)
I know it is frustrating but once Thor takes care of the problems you will enjoy your coach. If you have any questions that I maybe able to help you with pm me, I'll do my best to help you out.
Merry Christmas

Thanks.They are supposed to call me back Friday with an update.

camaromance 12-25-2013 05:59 AM

Merry Christmas to all my RV Buddies. Wherever you are, I wish you and your's a happy and safe holiday.

DGShaffer 12-25-2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1856857)
Thanks.They are supposed to call me back Friday with an update.

i'm fortunate in that I live within 700 miles of the factory. When Camping World created a severe leak while trying repair a squeak in my slide I was convinced that there are some issues best left to the factory service. While i was there getting mine repaired I met a guy with a Palazzo from San Diego the felt the same way. CW is ok for minor repairs but I no longer trust them for anything complex

DGShaffer 12-25-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaromance (Post 1857078)
Merry Christmas to all my RV Buddies. Wherever you are, I wish you and your's a happy and safe holiday.

Merry Christmas from the rather chilly Gulf!

OC Bill 12-25-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1857085)
Merry Christmas from the rather chilly Gulf!

Merry Christmas from SoCal where the forcast for today is 80 degrees and sunny, sorry just had to rub it in :cool:

Bill

sbleiweiss 12-25-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1856779)
Sorry the model number is 37KT

We had the same issue with a 2013 DT. I think I have written about it here. Thor sent a driver to drive it to elkhart (because we said it was unsafe to drive) and replaced it. In the process, and with the windshield out, they were able to see that the cap wasn't pinned to the body like it should have been up above the windshield. Couldn't see that with the windshield in, even though we had been telling them we thought there was something wrong with the cap for months.Things seemed okay after the fix, although we traded it in on another MH a few months after.

rvbunz 12-25-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 1857333)
We had the same issue with a 2013 DT. I think I have written about it here. Thor sent a driver to drive it to elkhart (because we said it was unsafe to drive) and replaced it. In the process, and with the windshield out, they were able to see that the cap wasn't pinned to the body like it should have been up above the windshield. Couldn't see that with the windshield in, even though we had been telling them we thought there was something wrong with the cap for months.Things seemed okay after the fix, although we traded it in on another MH a few months after.

What did you trade your DT in for? I mean what did you get?

sbleiweiss 12-26-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1857346)
What did you trade your DT in for? I mean what did you get?

After swearing that I would never buy a Thor again, we actually bought another one; this time a 2014 1/2 37KT. So we can stay in this forum <g>.

I have a theory/hope. It is that the 2013 problems with the Challengers were due to transition problems Thor had with the change-over from Damen. I have only driven the new one 2 1/2 hours home from Elkhart so far, but it seems much better built; solid and quiet on the road. No slide rattles, window rattles or road noise, all of which the 2013 DT had big time. Here's hoping.

We really liked the Kt last year when we bought the DT, but without a W/D option we felt we couldn't buy it. Loved the floorplan. Now they have added a W/D option in 2014 1/2 model. They made a couple of other changes that I don't like, but that is probably par for the course with MHs.
Some of them are fixable, like they took out all the carpeting. We put it back in.

Happy holidays everyone, from a frigid midwest 15 degrees.

rvbunz 12-26-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 1858212)

After swearing that I would never buy a Thor again, we actually bought another one; this time a 2014 1/2 37KT. So we can stay in this forum <g>.

I have a theory/hope. It is that the 2013 problems with the Challengers were due to transition problems Thor had with the change-over from Damen. I have only driven the new one 2 1/2 hours home from Elkhart so far, but it seems much better built; solid and quiet on the road. No slide rattles, window rattles or road noise, all of which the 2013 DT had big time. Here's hoping.

We really liked the Kt last year when we bought the DT, but without a W/D option we felt we couldn't buy it. Loved the floorplan. Now they have added a W/D option in 2014 1/2 model. They made a couple of other changes that I don't like, but that is probably par for the course with MHs.
Some of them are fixable, like they took out all the carpeting. We put it back in.

Happy holidays everyone, from a frigid midwest 15 degrees.

What changes did try they make that you don't care for? I love the new caps and the 40" TV, but the wife doesn't like that they changed the color of the countertop. Going to the super rv show in Tampa in Jan, sure we will look at one. I had a dealer give me a price and it would cost me about 20k to trade mine in.

sbleiweiss 12-27-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1858603)
What changes did try they make that you don't care for? I love the new caps and the 40" TV, but the wife doesn't like that they changed the color of the countertop. Going to the super rv show in Tampa in Jan, sure we will look at one. I had a dealer give me a price and it would cost me about 20k to trade mine in.

That sounds like a good price. It cost us 27K. Does your price include an oven and W/D?

The things we don't like are:
countertop color
no carpet
gasoline port in rear
new control panel (levels check) design
no more 12 volt outlet at passenger seat
side shades don't fit right
added second gray water tank but only the W/D use it-would make more sense if kitchen sink did too
residential refer so no built in dividers like an RV refer
no more blue lights on the power cord to tell you it is powered up
really cheapened up the kitchen table compared to the 2013 KT-it is now made of oak instead of matching wood and no longer has a top that slides
stair well is right behind you when at refer-easy to fall down into well

I may be forgetting some.

rvbunz 12-27-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 1859242)

That sounds like a good price. It cost us 27K. Does your price include an oven and W/D?

The things we don't like are:
countertop color
no carpet
gasoline port in rear
new control panel (levels check) design
no more 12 volt outlet at passenger seat
side shades don't fit right
added second gray water tank but only the W/D use it-would make more sense if kitchen sink did too
residential refer so no built in dividers like an RV refer
no more blue lights on the power cord to tell you it is powered up
really cheapened up the kitchen table compared to the 2013 KT-it is now made of oak instead of matching wood and no longer has a top that slides
stair well is right behind you when at refer-easy to fall down into well

I may be forgetting some.

Thanks, I may look at the TV show, but don't know if we would trade. I like the inside of mine too much to make a 20k trade, but who knows

rvbunz 12-27-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1859263)

Thanks, I may look at the TV show, but don't know if we would trade. I like the inside of mine too much to make a 20k trade, but who knows

That's rv show

rvbunz 12-27-2013 03:19 PM

Bruce, we have had a change in plans and won't be leaving home until Monday. We can stop by on Monday if you will still be there in SC.

bdickson 12-27-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1859714)
Bruce, we have had a change in plans and won't be leaving home until Monday. We can stop by on Monday if you will still be there in SC.

Bob, we'll be here until the end of February! Monday is good, as we work that day so I should be around the visitor center. I'll PM you my cell number.