iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

rvbunz 01-21-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkcruzer1 (Post 1893913)
Has anyone come up with an easy way to screen the bedroom window so as to allow a little bug free fresh air in the bedroom? I am familiar with emergency exit windows that have one flat arm at the bottom to extend the window. But my Challenger bedroom window has two flip up handles at the bottom that appear to prohibit a screen.

I know what you mean about the bedroom window. While at the rv show in Tampa last week we saw new coaches with exit windows that had screens and could open. In going to Thor in March and going to see if mine can be replaced with a functional window.

DGShaffer 01-21-2014 07:55 PM

Keep us in that loop. I was thinking about seeing if I could form something up that I could attach a screen to. Then tilt out the window and push it into the opening.

bdickson 01-21-2014 07:59 PM

Our 37GT has the two handle rear window but it also has a smaller side window which is an emergency exit but also has sliding glass and a bug screen.

tedgard01 01-21-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1893910)
... Ted, if you see this post give me a call. I pm'd my number to you a while back.

If you were talking to me (maybe there is another Ted), to my knowledge I have not received your PM. Let me know if you still wanted to talk, if so.

Thanks,
Ted

DGShaffer 01-22-2014 04:53 AM

From what I was told, they can not make a window on the rear wall of a coach that opens other than an emergency exit because of the possibility that it could open during transit and let in Carbon Monoxide. The newer Challengers have a window in the slide so it's on the side of the coach. Makes me want to have my slide exchanged. I'm still pretty sure I can come up with something for the rear window.

rvbunz 01-22-2014 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1894367)
From what I was told, they can not make a window on the rear wall of a coach that opens other than an emergency exit because of the possibility that it could open during transit and let in Carbon Monoxide. The newer Challengers have a window in the slide so it's on the side of the coach. Makes me want to have my slide exchanged. I'm still pretty sure I can come up with something for the rear window.

I've seen rear windows. In going to check with them, if they can't I may have one put in where my headboard is. Remove the headboard. We have thought about adding another slide in the bedroom. Master tech rv in Elkhart can do after market slides. It would run about 14k, so I'm not sure we want to spend that much.

DGShaffer 01-22-2014 06:52 AM

I've only noticed them in really old coach's, never in a modern motor home, in 5th wheels and TT's where there isn't a concern of CO poisoning you'll see them.

I could see adding a window but $14k to add a slide, I would personally eat the depreciation and get another MH with bedroom windows

rvbunz 01-22-2014 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1894433)
I've only noticed them in really old coach's, never in a modern motor home, in 5th wheels and TT's where there isn't a concern of CO poisoning you'll see them.

I could see adding a window but $14k to add a slide, I would personally eat the depreciation and get another MH with bedroom windows

I just saw new coaches at the Tampa show with emergency windows that had the ability to open and had screens. I agree I wouldn't spend 14k to add a slide, I'd buy another coach. I'll let you know what I find out when I get there.

ronny 01-22-2014 09:45 AM

Bruce

You are doing it all wrong. I weight 185 wife weights 112 guess who replaces fuses

bdickson 01-22-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronny (Post 1894623)
Bruce

You are doing it all wrong. I weight 185 wife weights 112 guess who replaces fuses

Nah, I like Bob's idea better. I'm going to take a reciprocating saw and cut a drivers door in the side of my coach. :eek:

bdickson 01-22-2014 04:15 PM

OK, dumb question cause I'm too lazy to get up on the ladder. Does the Challenger have a rubber or a fiberglass roof?

rvbunz 01-22-2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 1895095)
OK, dumb question cause I'm too lazy to get up on the ladder. Does the Challenger have a rubber or a fiberglass roof?

Too rubber

rvbunz 01-22-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1895105)

Too rubber

That's TPO

bdickson 01-22-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1895106)
That's TPO

Thanks Bob.