iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

Webman9113 02-02-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 1909957)
BTW, as a side note, I was waffling about installing an in-motion satellite system. Well, I saved enough in labor cost to pay for the system and they only charged $29 to install it as well.

Also, as part of my negotiations on the purchase of my new Challenger 37GT, they are installing a new in-motion satellite system on it at no cost (because I just had that installed on the trade in unit before deciding to upgrade).

NICE! While I know some folks have had issues with various Camping World retailers/repair shops, I have to say the folks in Bartow were great. We got a great base price on our rig AND they threw in a free Splendide washer/dryer combo, installed. The only thing we had to pay extra for was for them to move the pull-out shelves in the W/D cabinet up above the washer

Oh, on a completely different subject: when I was setting up the Dish receiver the other day, I was running the generator for 120V power and discovered something odd. If the main TV's input was on the Blu-Ray HDMI (note that I switched out the stock DVD player for a Sony BDP-S185 that's a perfect fit), it was fine. If I switched it over to the antenna input from the video switcher (coax), it got hit with a lot of interference/snow. Oddly enough, the TV in the dining area did *not*. Any ideas on how to track down and eliminate the noise (if it's not an easy fix, I'll just leave it for Camping World later)?

DGShaffer 02-02-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 1910434)
We got a great base price on our rig AND they threw in a free Splendide washer/dryer combo, installed.

Same here! After using it for the first time we noticed that it leaked :banghead:

Honestly though, I have a good relationship with my local CW. They struggle on the tough stuff and leave the simple things to the rookies. The in between stuff is handled pretty well.

Webman9113 02-02-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1910444)
Same here! After using it for the first time we noticed that it leaked :banghead:

Honestly though, I have a good relationship with my local CW. They struggle on the tough stuff and leave the simple things to the rookies. The in between stuff is handled pretty well.

Alas, we haven't used the washer yet, but I'm planning to test it out on our upcoming short trip to Orlando. If there are any problems, we'll just have CW fix them when we have them fix the leaking ice maker connection behind the fridge. From what I've seen so far, they seem to have their act together. I just wish they weren't an hour and a half away.

Well, I managed to install the Currie base plate on the Jeep. The biggest problem was getting the upper holes that go into the bumper to line up right. Jeez. After that it was just drilling and sticking in the bolts. So that part's done.

I must confess that the CoolTech harness, however, did me in. Not because it was overly difficult to hook up (it was, literally, plug and play), but because I was getting totally pooped by that point and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to route the cable forward past the front tires and engine compartment. It seems like everything in the forward third of the vehicle is some sort of moving bar or other gizmo. Not knowing what would be safe to zip tie it to, I boxed it back up - we'll take a drive down to Ft. Myers this week to the Camping World there and have them do it. We haven't been down there before, so that'll be a good excuse to take a look around after they've got the harness installed.

Now, where's that beer...

tedgard01 02-02-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 1910709)
Now, where's that beer...

Just in time for the game!

Webman9113 02-02-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 1910844)
Just in time for the game!

There was a game? I thought one of the teams didn't show up...:laugh:

tedgard01 02-02-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 1911089)
There was a game? I thought one of the teams didn't show up...:laugh:

Man, what a blow out!

DGShaffer 02-03-2014 04:08 AM

Not only did those people have to sit through that but getting out of there probably took just as long as the game. I was happy to be able to tune it out after the post half time punt return

DGShaffer 02-06-2014 06:32 AM

I'm about done with this snow! Those adds for Lake Weir Village are looking better and better!

I went over to the MH last weekend to start up the generator to top off the batteries. It sure was chilly in there. I miss it.

During the winters I take the time to research and book our trips for the summer. It helps to combat the cabin fever. I've already set up 7 weekends locally and a bunch of extended weekends. I booked a place near the Lurey Caverns in Virginia for those of you down that way, perhaps we can get together while we're there.

Come'on April!!!!

tedgard01 02-06-2014 08:04 AM

I am having a 60" X13" concrete pad & extended driveway poured by the side of my house next week, if the weather cooperates. I already installed a 50 amp service on the garage to hook up to, which I used for my Dolphin as well.

I will park my new Challenger on the pad when it gets here. That way I will be able to just back in, hook up, and keep it warm and ready to go all year, or even have it available as an extension of the house (man cave comes to mind).

After the Challenger arrives, we will most likely head to a local camp for the shake down. Then if all goes well, we plan to head down to Florida for a few days to visit the BIL, probably early March. After coming home from that trip, we plan to head to Albuquerque, NM for several weeks at the MIL's place. We have full hookups and a parking pad there as well, which we installed for the Dolphin.

That means that we most likely will not get back to NC until sometime late April or even early May. The current plan is to head out to Colorado, Utah, Wyoming and Nevada with friends.

I would like to look up the camp site in Virginia you mentioned and see if that may be something we can fit in.

bobandshaz 02-06-2014 09:48 AM

We are in NM and not far from Abq. When will you be out this way? If ya want to meet and get together let us know.
Bob

tedgard01 02-06-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobandshaz (Post 1915859)
We are in NM and not far from Abq. When will you be out this way? If ya want to meet and get together let us know. Bob

Our current plan is to be in NM in March, and we may stay there for several weeks at my MIL's place. It is actually in Corrales. That is across the river close to Rio Rancho, if you know where that is. Sure, we could hook up if you are available at that time.

bobandshaz 02-06-2014 10:21 AM

Know where it is. We are east of Abq off I40 North of Moriarty. Be prepared for cold weather. We have snow right now. We will be here so yes if you have time and want to we sure could meet up.

Bob

SPovelko 02-07-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1880058)
I probably would'nt be as upset if I didn't have to chase Thor around about this. The majority of the time I have to call them as they will not call me back ,even when they say they will. Thats ok I hired the best lemon law lawyer in California yesterday.:dance:

Update : Since I spoke with the Lawyer the wife wanted me to hold off to see if Thor would step up once she called them. They sent a tech out to Las Vegas on the 17th of January to direct CW in how to make the repair. Why he did'nt stay and actually direct them as they made the repair I'll never know? CW attempted the repair on January 27th. January 31st CW contacted me and said they could not complete the repair as the inside of the front cap is not how the Thor tech described it. Am I frustrated at this point? You have no idea(but my wife does...lol). Now Thor is sending yet another tech out this comming Monday(2/9/14) to actually make the repair(You think they would have thought of that the first dam time). So here I am more than three months after purchasing my brand new coach ,and I still have not been able to use it! My wife and I have now missed three separate trips with friends and family including the big one next weekend on Presidents day.Am I still going to move forward with the lawyer to try and obtain compensation for the three months of payments ,registration fees ,and insurance payments on an rv I have not been able to use do to a factory defect? You bet your a** I am. :banghead:

SPovelko 02-07-2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1917313)
Update : Since I spoke with the Lawyer the wife wanted me to hold off to see if Thor would step up once she called them. They sent a tech out to Las Vegas on the 17th of January to direct CW in how to make the repair. Why he did'nt stay and actually direct them as they made the repair I'll never know? CW attempted the repair on January 27th. January 31st CW contacted me and said they could not complete the repair as the inside of the front cap is not how the Thor tech described it. Am I frustrated at this point? You have no idea(but my wife does...lol). Now Thor is sending yet another tech out this comming Monday(2/9/14) to actually make the repair(You think they would have thought of that the first dam time). So here I am more than three months after purchasing my brand new coach ,and I still have not been able to use it! My wife and I have now missed three separate trips with friends and family including the big one next weekend on Presidents day.Am I still going to move forward with the lawyer to try and obtain compensation for the three months of payments ,registration fees ,and insurance payments on an rv I have not been able to use do to a factory defect? You bet your a** I am. :banghead:

Do I still believe Thor is the best value dollar for dollar in the industry...YES!:banghead: