iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

SPovelko 02-07-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1918215)
Do I still believe Thor is the best value dollar for dollar in the industry...YES!:banghead:

This situation is beyond fustrating becauase the woman I love more than life itself loves this RV!

SPovelko 02-15-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1918221)
This situation is beyond fustrating becauase the woman I love more than life itself loves this RV!

The guys from Thor and CW have now adjusted the front cap and replaced the windshield. Now another three to four weeks for them to re-paint the front cap. So now were looking at four plus months not being able to use my brand new(term used loosely) Coach.:banghead:

Webman9113 02-15-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1928414)
The guys from Thor and CW have now adjusted the front cap and replaced the windshield. Now another three to four weeks for them to re-paint the front cap. So now were looking at four plus months not being able to use my brand new(term used loosely) Coach.:banghead:

Hmm. I'd at least ask Thor to pick up the tab for your loan payments for the time it will have been out of action. Seems like the least they could do to make a customer happy after all you've had to go through!

Webman9113 02-15-2014 12:01 PM

We're planning to take our 37KT in next Friday to the CW at Bartow to get a Safe-T-Plus and rear trac bar installed (assuming they have the trac bar available - they sorta dropped the ball last week on what I wanted done), plus get the ice maker leak fixed under warranty. I'll be driving it up in the morning, then the wife & kids will meet me up there that afternoon and we'll hook up the Jeep and continue on to Orlando for our first visit to Universal Studios...

Bweiler 02-16-2014 06:37 AM

An update to my past post. I took delivery of a 2014.5 37 kt yesterday. Overall everything went well and I am very pleased with coach and dealer service. There were some issues that dealer addressed promptly and fixed before delivery. Could be common issues - but just wanted to provide some details for others benefit - not complaining...

Items that were fixed :

*Plastic plates under carpet for rear flat floor slides were misaligned causing floor not to drop in and extend properly
*43 bolts found in slide floor, etc. Dealer said a few are obviously normal - but 43 was excessive :)
*Lower kitchen cabinets by sink were not braced in rear of glides properly. The rear of cabinets would sway back and forth.
*Schwintek power cable on front of power bed lift was cramped between lip on bed - needed to be notched out to lift and stow properly.
*Shower pipe was not glued at all - just dry fit and leaked when flood/pressure tested.
*minor cabinet alignments / folding solid surface cutting board area not installed properly.
*dent in fridge door from factory.
*rear cable in slide needed adjustment

Overall - glad I had a decent and meticulous dealer prepped it. They did a great job and there was way more on the punch list than mentioned here. I appreciated seeing how it actually arrived from factory and the definite added value of dealer prep.

I was pretty surprised after upgrading from a F53 2011 Fleetwood Storm how much better the Challenger rides and drives. You would never know they are on a similar chassis. I can only imagine the next step to a diesel chassis....but that won't be for a long,long,long time :)....I'm not climbing any mountains and stay in the midwest so this was the definitely the best and most economical call for my needs.

Wanted to also add that mine came with the "rapid camp" remote control system (looks like a small iPod) that controls all the slides, lighting, generator, and leveling system. Seems like a good idea in being able to walk around coach outside while performing leveling and slide functions.

Look forward to the first shakedown trip.

tedgard01 02-16-2014 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bweiler (Post 1929485)
An update to my past post. I took delivery of a 2014.5 37 kt yesterday. Overall everything went well and I am very pleased with coach and dealer service. There were some issues that dealer addressed promptly and fixed before delivery....

Thanks for the update!

My 37GT was delayed a bit due to the weather conditions. The latest update is that mine was to come off line on Wednesday and go to get painted. I understand that will take 10 business days. Then back to do the final audit and cleaning. They said that it will be shipped shortly after that.

Camping World will do the PDI, put on the First Finish clear coat, install a stackable washer and dryer, install the in-motion satellite, and install the SaniCon (sp?) macerator. Then we will have my old coach parked door to door and transfer all the personal items (what fun).... I am hoping to take delivery around March 10th.

I am having a 13' X 60' concrete pad poured beside my house for the coach to be parked on, and with the freezing temperature, that was delayed as well, but it should be done well in advance to cure before it arrives. Unfortunately, I will need to head out almost as soon as it arrives to Albuquerque. So I sure hope I don't have any manufacturing defects to deal with.

sbleiweiss 02-16-2014 08:35 AM

[QUOTE=SPovelko;1928414]The guys from Thor and CW have now adjusted the front cap and replaced the windshield. Now another three to four weeks for them to re-paint the front cap. So now were looking at four plus months

I agree about the loan payments. But why 3-4 weeks to paint? That seems excessive. For what it is worth, and I don't know exactly what CW did to adjust it, when Thor adjusted our cap and replaced our windshield no new paint was needed.

Webman9113 02-16-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bweiler (Post 1929485)
Wanted to also add that mine came with the "rapid camp" remote control system (looks like a small iPod) that controls all the slides, lighting, generator, and leveling system. Seems like a good idea in being able to walk around coach outside while performing leveling and slide functions.

Nice! Let us know how that works out...

SPovelko 02-16-2014 05:45 PM

[QUOTE=sbleiweiss;1929666]
Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1928414)
The guys from Thor and CW have now adjusted the front cap and replaced the windshield. Now another three to four weeks for them to re-paint the front cap. So now were looking at four plus months

I agree about the loan payments. But why 3-4 weeks to paint? That seems excessive. For what it is worth, and I don't know exactly what CW did to adjust it, when Thor adjusted our cap and replaced our windshield no new paint was needed.

They are having to paint it because once they adjusted the front cap the graphics do not line up properly.They are offset about 1/2''. So far Thor has not offered me any reimbursement.Once I have an end date for the repair of the windshield including the re-painting of the front cap ,I will give Thor the opportunity to reimburse me.:banghead:

SPovelko 02-20-2014 09:00 PM

[QUOTE=SPovelko;1930513]
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 1929666)

They are having to paint it because once they adjusted the front cap the graphics do not line up properly.They are offset about 1/2''. So far Thor has not offered me any reimbursement.Once I have an end date for the repair of the windshield including the re-painting of the front cap ,I will give Thor the opportunity to reimburse me.:banghead:

Today CW informed me that they are not sure the gap at the top of the adjusted front cap can be adequately sealed and made water tight. The Thor rep is supposed to be there tomorrow to look at it. Am I crazy for not just taking Thor to court for a refund ,or replacement ???

Webman9113 02-21-2014 05:33 AM

[QUOTE=SPovelko;1936845]
Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1930513)

Today CW informed me that they are not sure the gap at the top of the adjusted front cap can be adequately sealed and made water tight. The Thor rep is supposed to be there tomorrow to look at it. Am I crazy for not just taking Thor to court for a refund ,or replacement ???

If your state has a lemon law, I'd like to think your case would qualify! And I'd probably just tell the Thor rep straight up that you want either a refund or a new replacement vehicle. I'm not an engineering genius by any stretch, but this just seems to be one of those things that's going to plague the coach (and you) for the rest of its days.

An alternative might be for Thor to just ferry the coach back to the factory for a rebuild, then ferry it back to you when it's completely fixed...and to pick up all the payments you've had to make on it in the meantime.

cenfl 02-21-2014 05:41 AM

[QUOTE=Webman9113;1937043]
Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1936845)

An alternative might be for Thor to just ferry the coach back to the factory for a rebuild, then ferry it back to you when it's completely fixed...and to pick up all the payments you've had to make on it in the meantime.

This seems like a reasonable solution. The factory is the only place I would trust to get this problem fixed. :banghead:

Webman9113 02-21-2014 05:44 AM

Well, I have to give a little review on Camping World of Bartow, FL. While we had a very nice buying experience there when we got our Challenger, they completely dropped the ball on the service end of things. I contacted them two weeks ago about bringing our 37KT in for three things: warranty repair of a leaking water connection to the ice maker in the back of the fridge; installation of a Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer; and installation of a rear trac bar. We were planning a trip to Orlando, and I was going to bring in the coach early to get the work done before my wife and the boys came along later in the Jeep, then we'd hook everything up, pile in, and head to Universal Studios.

After several emails back and forth and three phone calls, the last of which was yesterday (well, I guess technically it was four calls), two of which were never returned, I found out that not only had they not ordered the parts, but I wasn't even on the schedule. Derp.

Unfortunately, none of the RV places close by do Thor warranty work, so I guess I'll be taking my business either to LazyDays or Camping World in Tampa, which are a bit closer, about an hour vs. an hour and a half to Bartow. Maybe one of them can actually figure out how to get a client onto the service schedule...

In the meantime, Universal Studios, here we come!

sbleiweiss 02-21-2014 08:40 AM

[QUOTE=SPovelko;1936845]
Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1930513)

I happen to be a lawyer in real life, and I can tell you that a lawsuit should always be the last resort. No one wins in most lawsuits. Maybe you get a refund or new MH, but you pay your lawyer one third of that value or so, one way or the other (contingent fee or hourly). Lawsuits are expensive. In this case I know you have already consulted a lemon law lawyer in your state. If he says you have satisfied the elements of the statute and should win, then I would tell Thor that and try to negotiate an acceptable solution. Of course I would see what Thor says tomorrow before contemplating anything further. The last thing I would do is listen to CW.