iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

tedgard01 02-25-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1943557)
Great. I'm so glad Thor has stepped up for you, just wish it wouldn't have taken so long. I hope you can now enjoy your coach. Happy and safe travels.

In reality, Thor did not get involved until over a month into this ordeal. It was all CW before that.

Yes, it took about another two months to get this resolved, but that is also being jacked around by CW, who should have recognized that this was way over their head and ability far sonner.

You also need to consider that this was also during a crisis situation in weather up in Elkhart. Joel Grimm (Director of their Gas division) even told me that the weather shut them down for days, for the first time in over 20 years. Things happen at the worst time....

The result is truly what counts... That is my thinking anyway...

cenfl 02-25-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1943549)
Update.The Technician with Thor showed up at CW last Friday and completed the adjustment of the front cap himself.The gap at the top of the cap is now closed. I spoke with the warranty department with Thor they are going to reimburse me for everything from the time I bought the RV and are guarantying the repair.CW has documented the history of the repair ,which Thor reps made themselves. So if I ever have to replace the windshield at least it is documented that Thor adjusted the front cap themselves.:dance:

Great to hear that your problem has been resolved. Would you mind sharing how the THOR tech adjusted the front cap to close the gap? Sounds like that would be a major undertaking :confused:

SPovelko 02-25-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cenfl (Post 1943595)
Great to hear that your problem has been resolved. Would you mind sharing how the THOR tech adjusted the front cap to close the gap? Sounds like that would be a major undertaking :confused:

I wasn't there in person to witness the final adjustment ,but I know it took them all day.

DGShaffer 02-26-2014 04:01 AM

Seems all that was required was to get the CW techs away from your coach. Nice guys but I don't trust them with much. Most times they order the wrong parts to begin with.

It's been a long and snowy winter out here. I was happy just to take mine out for a drive last weekend to rotate the wheels and get some fuel so I could run the generator again.

sbleiweiss 02-26-2014 06:53 AM

Great! Now time to hit the open road in that bad boy. Good camping.

sbleiweiss 02-26-2014 06:55 AM

If this weather ever transitions to Spring we want to head to the Knoxville area for about a week. A while ago someone posted about good RV Parks and good routes for seeing the area. Can you repost that information or contact me offlist? Thanks.

Mwoodofd 02-26-2014 05:48 PM

We are headed to Austin this weekend in our Challenger. Should be nice that direction, in the 70's. Got the MH out today and at home, plugged in, getting ready. Short drive from the Fort Worth area. Visiting our son that attends UT, and taking the daughter to preview the campus and school. Staying at La Hacienda Resort on Lake Travis, nice spot.

rvbunz 03-01-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mwoodofd (Post 1945176)
We are headed to Austin this weekend in our Challenger. Should be nice that direction, in the 70's. Got the MH out today and at home, plugged in, getting ready. Short drive from the Fort Worth area. Visiting our son that attends UT, and taking the daughter to preview the campus and school. Staying at La Hacienda Resort on Lake Travis, nice spot.

Mark, still heading to Elkhart for the 31st appointment?

Mwoodofd 03-01-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 1948811)
Mark, still heading to Elkhart for the 31st appointment?

Yes sir. Not sure if I am going alone, or if DW will go too. Looking forward to seeing you.

Mwoodofd 03-01-2014 10:14 AM

It is going to be 80 today in Austin, and 30 when I get back to Dallas area. Going to get down in the 20's at night. Bummer, just flushed out the pink stuff, and need to add it tomorrow. Dealer showed me how to easily do it. By pass and drain water heater, pump pink stuff through pump, drain low points, add to P-Traps, etc. Did not turn on ice maker, but will drain line to be sure.

SPovelko 03-03-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1944149)
Seems all that was required was to get the CW techs away from your coach. Nice guys but I don't trust them with much. Most times they order the wrong parts to begin with.

It's been a long and snowy winter out here. I was happy just to take mine out for a drive last weekend to rotate the wheels and get some fuel so I could run the generator again.

I'm starting to think you are right. Seems like they are just milking this to death. They test drove my RV today and are telling me they heard a pop and then the sound of air coming in. Will this nightmare ever end? The wife is going to call the director of customer service at Thor tomorrow. I am never taking any RV to CW for repairs again.:banghead:

DGShaffer 03-04-2014 04:05 AM

For major repairs it really does suck that these facilities just don't employ the quality of help they need or can't be bothered sending them for training. Check out rvservicereviews.com and see if there is a place close to you with a better reputation and at the very least, leave a review.

Having to drive to the factory seems like an extreme that most of us are forced into. I started a thread titled "Warning Do Not Buy a Motor Home" sort of tongue in cheek but with a real message, and that is, these things can really be a heart ache in a lot of cases so be prepared that you might be the unlucky one. I had to drive mine to the factory after my local CW caused a huge leak in my slide trying to fix a squeak. There was no way I was bringing it back for them to try to fix the leak they created. Who knows what else would go wrong after that.

edgray 03-04-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1952641)
I'm starting to think you are right. Seems like they are just milking this to death. They test drove my RV today and are telling me they heard a pop and then the sound of air coming in. Will this nightmare ever end? The wife is going to call the director of customer service at Thor tomorrow. I am never taking any RV to CW for repairs again.:banghead:

I've been trying to follow your trail of frustration, and feel really bad about all you've been thru, but I'm confused. If the TMC tech "completed the adjustment of the front cap himself" on 2-21, WHY was it being test driven by CW people on 3-2 ??? Did you go see what they did on 2-21? Have you seen it since they reported the "pop"? Given your experience with that CW, I don't understand why it was / is still there. :confused:

SPovelko 03-07-2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgray (Post 1953737)
I've been trying to follow your trail of frustration, and feel really bad about all you've been thru, but I'm confused. If the TMC tech "completed the adjustment of the front cap himself" on 2-21, WHY was it being test driven by CW people on 3-2 ??? Did you go see what they did on 2-21? Have you seen it since they reported the "pop"? Given your experience with that CW, I don't understand why it was / is still there. :confused:

I'm not sure why the Thor tech did not test drive the coach. I wanted CW to test drive it before I sign the release from Thor. I am just waiting for my attorney to review the release before I decide to sign it. The pop ended up being nothing according to CW. The body shop manager test drove it and discovered that the wind was coming from the passenger side window ,which I already knew about.The coach i still at CW because there were several minor warranty issues they are going to address as well as install a new satellite dish ,and surge protector and read out.