iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

edgray 03-11-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 1962999)
Yep, I understand. First read your manual to be sure, under the "Recreational Towing" section.

If it can't be flat towed, as Don said, you may think about using tow dolly.

I started out using a tow dolly because I had a Honda Accord, which also could not be flat towed. I quickly found that it was very difficult to use and did not fit my needs. If I were younger, stronger, or had no other choice, then that is an alternative means of pulling your car. For me, I rather upgrade my car than have to use a tow dolly... Just my thoughts on the subject.

MOSCOW: I agree with tedgard01, and think dollies are a real PITA, but there MAY be another alternative. I suggest you check with REMCO to see if they offer a solution that will allow you to flat tow your Prius.

DGShaffer 03-11-2014 11:20 AM

Dollies can be a bit more troublesome than flat towing but the cost to outfit a car to flat tow is a consideration. Having to drive a model that's compatible is another issue. Being able to bring any vehicle you want is one of the considerations that had me purchase a dolly. I only take a car on rare occasions, it's just to easy to rent a car if needed or to hang out and enjoy the campground.

If I were full timing or retired and traveling a lot I would flat tow but for now I appreciate the advantages the a dolly affords.

tedgard01 03-11-2014 12:28 PM

True, and valid points.

Another is age, physical capacity and other health issues. If I were younger and had more strength it may make more sense. Cost was a far less concern for me at my stage in life.

I also tow my car all the time.

Moscow 03-12-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 1960041)
Well, wish me luck! My new 2014.5 Challenger 37GT is supposed to arrive on Monday, March 10, 2014.

It is being delivered to CW in Colfax, NC, directly from Elkhart, IN. It came off the production line on February 12, then went to the paint shop for 10 days. It then went back to the factory for the final audit, cleaning, and on to the ship line. It was hot shipped as it was pre sold.

They will perform the dealer inspection, clean and wash the coach and undercarriage to remove any salt and debris from shipment. Then they will call me so that I can inspect it to insure that it is exactly as I ordered. They will then start the mods that I ordered and install the in-motion satellite, the stacked washer and dryer, the permanent SaniCon macerator, the First Place Finish, and install my tow bar and related wiring harness.

They will park my old coach door to door with the new coach so that we can transfer all our belongings. Once we are ready, we are on our way to NM, and several other states for the summer.

Hello: We too are looking at the same MH as you have just bought - 2014 1/2 Challenger GT 37'. I am very interested to see how you like it. We are planning our purchase within the next year when my husband retires.

tedgard01 03-12-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moscow (Post 1964953)
Hello: We too are looking at the same MH as you have just bought - 2014 1/2 Challenger GT 37'. I am very interested to see how you like it. We are planning our purchase within the next year when my husband retires.

I had my first visit to my new 37GT today!

They have cleaned it up very nicely. Even washed the undercarriage.

It has a few minor things that they put on the list of things to fix;
1) A dent in the refrigerator door.
2) The docking lights in the rear are not turning on.
3) A few small scratches, and one more deeper scratch in the engine cover in the cab area.
4) Some silicone smudges around some of the access doors. Need to be cleaned before applying the First Place Finish.
5) The Rapid Camp wireless remote was not programmed to operate the Automatic Leveling Jacks.
6) Apply some caulking in the shower.
7) Install a latch on the round door that houses the trash can under the counter top.

I am going back tomorrow for a more detailed check out of more systems and etc.

We are happy to report that everything has checked out thus far to our satisfaction. The list above is minor issues.

It is amazing that the total milage on the odometer is only about 20 miles more than what the trip should be from Elkhart to here. I assume that those extra miles were due to moving through the manufacturing line and between the plant and paint shop.

DGShaffer 03-13-2014 03:48 AM

They do take them out for a test drive at the factory as well as moving them from plant to plant.

Best of luck and have a terrific 2014 camping season!

SPovelko 03-14-2014 08:06 PM

Finally getting our RV back tomorrow.
 
Well three and a half months since I dropped it off at CW and we are finally getting our RV back.:dance::dance:

tedgard01 03-14-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPovelko (Post 1968068)
Well three and a half months since I dropped it off at CW and we are finally getting our RV back.:dance::dance:

Great to hear that you are now able to use it!

I guess Thor must have come through then?

DGShaffer 03-15-2014 04:20 AM

A friend has a Palazzo and he's just getting his back as well. I guess they feel that if you're not asking for it, you must not plan on using it so they take their time.

It's 44* here already this morning, Spring is Springin! We plan on opening ours and getting started on the spring cleaning and putting everything back in it. I'll wait to dewinterize since we still seem to be dropping below freezing over night

tedgard01 03-15-2014 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1968270)
A friend has a Palazzo and he's just getting his back as well. I guess they feel that if you're not asking for it, you must not plan on using it so they take their time. It's 44* here already this morning, Spring is Springin! We plan on opening ours and getting started on the spring cleaning and putting everything back in it. I'll wait to dewinterize since we still seem to be dropping below freezing over night

Starting our trip to NM next weekend. I plan to be gone all summer. Have fun this summer!

Retirement is great, at least I don't have to worry about getting back to work...

DGShaffer 03-15-2014 12:04 PM

You have a great trip and a great summer. Enjoy the retired life!

rvbunz 03-15-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 1968290)

Starting our trip to NM next weekend. I plan to be gone all summer. Have fun this summer!

Retirement is great, at least I don't have to worry about getting back to work...

Enjoy your trip. I'll be heading to Elkhart for warranty work on the 29 the, then myrtle beach on 27 April for a week.

Sunshiny 03-15-2014 03:12 PM

Hi I'm new to this forum, and so glad to have found it! I'm learning so much about the Challengers. My husband and I are considering either a 37KT or a 37GT. We're leaning toward the GT because of the 2 sinks in the bathroom and the larger couch in the living area, but I'm having a problem with the large kitchen window that will look out at our neighbor's camping spot when we are parked in a campground. Has anyone found this to be an issue? I love the window on the KT that would look out at our own camping spot, and it goes all the way down to the floor, so cool. In the end, the living spaces are going to win out over the window configuration, but I hope I don't end up feeling like a nosy neighbor with that big kitchen window. I welcome any comments. Thanks.

rvbunz 03-15-2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshiny (Post 1968856)
Hi I'm new to this forum, and so glad to have found it! I'm learning so much about the Challengers. My husband and I are considering either a 37KT or a 37GT. We're leaning toward the GT because of the 2 sinks in the bathroom and the larger couch in the living area, but I'm having a problem with the large kitchen window that will look out at our neighbor's camping spot when we are parked in a campground. Has anyone found this to be an issue? I love the window on the KT that would look out at our own camping spot, and it goes all the way down to the floor, so cool. In the end, the living spaces are going to win out over the window configuration, but I hope I don't end up feeling like a nosy neighbor with that big kitchen window. I welcome any comments. Thanks.

Have you looked at the DT? It has two sinks in the bathroom. That is the coach we have. If you have any questions feel free to pm me and I'll give you my number.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.