iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

camaromance 03-03-2013 05:45 PM

John, we usually go to the May race at Dover. Last year we went to Charlotte for the All-star week. Not sure well make it to any this year though. Plan to stay closer to home this season. We always have a blast at the races.

Don, good job on the crapper-flapper. It looks factory. I have to get me one of those multi tools. I've been eyeing them for awhile now but have been holding out on getting one. I'm redmodeling my basement and I have a lot of trim work to do and that looks like it would make things a lot easier. Also liked the bailing wire tool.

Whatnobeer 03-04-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1482869)
Turn Left... Turn Left... Turn Left... Turn Left... Turn Left... Turn Left... Turn Left... Turn Left... Turn Left... Turn Left... Turn Left...

Winner!

Hey Don, think you forgot a little Slide....Slide....Turn left....Turn Left...:eek:

DGShaffer 03-04-2013 09:58 AM

I keep it at a storage facility and had brought it home to do a few more things to it. I level it to run the slides out.

However, when I had my Outlaw at the house for long periods with the jacks down, I would spray them with silicone spray to keep them from drying out and possibly rusting.

Leak? I don't see no steenkin' leak!

DGShaffer 03-04-2013 10:07 AM

I bought the Multi-tool just to install the new floor registers. I was told to get a corded one because they can kill a battery pretty quick. That thing punched straight through the floor for a nice square cut and no over run of the perimeter.

Slide....Slide....Turn left....Turn Left... Wall.... CRAP!

DGShaffer 03-04-2013 10:21 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Crapper Flapper rev B. Added a backing plate with stainless steel threaded inserts and will use 10-32 stainless steel threaded flat head screws rather than the big brass wood screws. Never have I been so excited over a Sewer project! :dance:

Whatnobeer 03-04-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1484070)
I bought the Multi-tool just to install the new floor registers. I was told to get a corded one because they can kill a battery pretty quick. That thing punched straight through the floor for a nice square cut and no over run of the perimeter.

Slide....Slide....Turn left....Turn Left... Wall.... CRAP!

I've got a Dremel, RotoZip and Rockwell SoniCrafter and they are great tools. Wouldn't do home remodeling without them. :thumb:

Touche' on the Wall my good friend. :rofl:

john109 03-04-2013 11:16 AM

Don

I am "almost" going to feel bad running crap past that work of art. I recieved my flapper today and removed the old elbow. Funny we are talking about leveling jacks. I kept seeing my right front jack had puddles on the pad and on the ground. So today I ran my genertor for an hour and jacked the rv up and spun the tires a little bit. (flat spots) anyway I noticed a little seepage on my pressure line at the actuator itself. I put a wrench on it and got almost a half a turn onI wiped down ran it through a few times and it looks fine now. Simple fix I know but I still thought I would pass it on. Don sending you a PM.

DGShaffer 03-04-2013 12:24 PM

Don't install it just yet. I just sent you rev B which includes the backing plate and screws. You'll like the look of it much better!

I'm glad to hear your leak was a simple fix. The Outlaw guys were experiencing failures on their leveling systems pretty regular. I was fortunate and never had a problem. I hope I'm as lucky this time around.

john109 03-04-2013 12:34 PM

I have not heard of many issues with the challenger leveling system. I just got UPS notification so I assume thats from you. Thank You

DGShaffer 03-04-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john109 (Post 1484238)
I have not heard of many issues with the challenger leveling system. I just got UPS notification so I assume thats from you. Thank You

Yup, the revision B backing plate ans screw set

john109 03-05-2013 09:51 AM

I can't wait to see revision c ??'

camaromance 03-05-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john109 (Post 1485307)
I can't wait to see revision c ??'

It'll be chromed, with LEDs and a remote. Ha ha ha ha ha .....

john109 03-05-2013 04:36 PM

Don maybe you should contact Thor as well as other manufactures and start selling them. Its got to be cheaper then the way they are doing it right now. Just don't forget us little people when you start collecting those checks.

DGShaffer 03-05-2013 04:41 PM

If they went back to a simple plastic threaded ring and cap it would be cheaper! That's what was on my Outlaw and it was perfect. Threading the plug into the ring was a bitch and many times it cross threaded but who cared. The Flapper is pretty simple but I doubt cheaper!

I do have one more completed assembly left and no one else has asked for it so I'm thinking I have a limited audience.

Thanks you two! :rofl: