iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

Webman9113 03-31-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 1986069)
Did you find it? It is on the roof of the bay in my 2014.5 37GT. There was no manual, but CW printed the 34 page manual from the internet and gave it to me.

Yes, I found it, just where you indicated. Sort of an odd place to put it, though, as it's a tad hard to read the indicators. Could you let me know what the model # and manufacturer is from your documentation? I'd like to see if I can look that up on the web and read the manual so I have a clue what I'm doing with it. :-)

Musikboy 04-03-2014 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 1459840)
Here is a copy of the PDI inspection checklist that I found online and modified for my Challenger. There is absolutely no substitute for a line by line checklist when buying something as complex and expensive as a motor home. You'll also find things on the drive home at which time you adjust your punch list

If you find this useful I can email you an Excel version to modify

Thank you for posting the checklist. I would like an excel version. I also located an app on my iphone called RV Checklists which was priced at $0.99. Being the big spender I am :) I decided to try it out and wow, it's very cool. Your list could easily be loaded into this app and provide an easy way to make it available to others as well as use it.

We are going to be picking up our new Thor Tuscany 36MQ in a few weeks, :dance: so all these are very interesting to me.

Thanks again,
Mitch

DGShaffer 04-03-2014 06:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's one to look out for. I was working in the bay under the dinette slide while the slide was out. I happen to look up and noticed the center roller plate had a odd mark on one edge. Further investigation showed that the plate was installed to the wrong side of the line they marked at the factory and therefore the roller was rolling along the bottom of the slide and not on the plate.

To fix this I cut a piece of .09" thick aluminum 39" long and 6" wide. I finished one end to a not so sharp knife edge. With the slide extended and a jack taking off a little weight from the slide I hammered the plate in between the roller and the bottom of the slide then screwed it in place. The result is smoother and quieter operation of the slide!

The first photo shows the wear from the roller binding on the edge of the plate. The second shows the line they're on the wrong side of!

Bweiler 04-03-2014 07:08 PM

Just wondering if there is any feedback on battery life using the inverter to power fridge before the auto gen start kicks in? I know there are a bunch of variables - but I only seem to be getting about an hour and a half using only fridge before gen start kicks in at 11.5volts. I would certainly like to run longer off battery - guess I could adjust start voltage down to 11 volts - but I am thinking of adding 2 extra batteries - looks like there is room if you turn batteries sideways

DGShaffer 04-04-2014 03:45 AM

Reducing the voltage will buy you another 15 minutes maybe. Adding more, better, larger capacity along with a high end solar array would be the only way to store and replenish. These new units with their residential refers don't have boondocking in mind

sbleiweiss 04-04-2014 06:43 AM

I will be at Thor for warranty work starting Monday 4/7 (actually getting there Sunday evening). Anyone else from the forum going to be there then?

rvbunz 04-04-2014 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 1995977)
I will be at Thor for warranty work starting Monday 4/7 (actually getting there Sunday evening). Anyone else from the forum going to be there then?

I'll be leaving today. Sorry I missed you.

DGShaffer 04-04-2014 07:35 AM

Be sure to take a look under your slides in case the roller plate is on the wrong side of the roller like mine was!

Mwoodofd 04-04-2014 06:29 PM

Bob, did you get completed today? Hopefully, you can get on the road and back home. I enjoyed the new factory tour, and the time we got to visit. I appreciate all the effort Thor is putting into our MH.

I flew home last night, got home at 2 am with the weather in the Dallas area. My coach will not be complete until next Tuesday afternoon, and possibly Wednesday. I am going to fly back up there the 17 th, and start home on the 18 th. Drive safe, and we will meet up on the road again.

Claudia44 04-05-2014 03:06 PM

Windshield wipers

Just bought a new set of wipers and it cost me $89.45:sad:. So I plan on removing the arms and buying a whole new kit. Should have lasted longer than a year, too:mad:.

DGShaffer 04-05-2014 04:14 PM

There are links on this site for shorter blades that accept the large arms. Saves a lot of money although they clear a slightly smaller area.

I use pre-split foam 1/2" pipe insulation to cover the blades which shields them from damaging UV

tedgard01 04-06-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 1991419)
Yes, I found it, just where you indicated. Sort of an odd place to put it, though, as it's a tad hard to read the indicators. Could you let me know what the model # and manufacturer is from your documentation? I'd like to see if I can look that up on the web and read the manual so I have a clue what I'm doing with it. :-)

Hi. I have been out of pocket for several days making my way from NC to NM. I will look tomorrow and see if I can get you what you needed for this manual.

Webman9113 04-07-2014 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 1999820)
Hi. I have been out of pocket for several days making my way from NC to NM. I will look tomorrow and see if I can get you what you needed for this manual.

Thanks for that! But I actually did just find it, I think (at least, it looks like the unit in the coach): the Magnum Energy Auto Generator start. Here's the link, if you can confirm that it's the same gadget, and if anyone else needs the documentation. This actually looks like a really nice feature that not only can keep the batteries charged, but will also come on when the thermostat(s) want to kick on the AC units. When we travel during the summer, we usually wind up just leaving the generator on so we don't have to mess with turning things on/off. But this should save us a bit of gas on the next big trip...

Here's the link: https://magnumenergy.com/wp-content/u...3-ME-AGS-S.pdf

tedgard01 04-08-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webman9113 (Post 1999906)
Thanks for that! But I actually did just find it, I think (at least, it looks like the unit in the coach): the Magnum Energy Auto Generator start. Here's the link, if you can confirm that it's the same gadget, and if anyone else needs the documentation. This actually looks like a really nice feature that not only can keep the batteries charged, but will also come on when the thermostat(s) want to kick on the AC units. When we travel during the summer, we usually wind up just leaving the generator on so we don't have to mess with turning things on/off. But this should save us a bit of gas on the next big trip... Here's the link: https://magnumenergy.com/wp-content/u...3-ME-AGS-S.pdf

Looks correct to me.