iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

DGShaffer 06-27-2014 10:08 AM

That might have been me Bob. We had a PM side line conversation where I mentioned those exact pressures. If it wasn't, then that's what I'm running.

rvbunz 06-27-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 2112697)
That might have been me Bob. We had a PM side line conversation where I mentioned those exact pressures. If it wasn't, then that's what I'm running.

Thanks

bdickson 06-30-2014 07:24 AM

I'm running 90 front 95 rear as recommended by Hendersons when they did a 4 corner weigh in last year. I was pretty close to the GVWR limit.

rvbunz 06-30-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdickson (Post 2116352)
I'm running 90 front 95 rear as recommended by Hendersons when they did a 4 corner weigh in last year. I was pretty close to the GVWR limit.

I'm not carrying a heavy load so I've lowered my pressures to 80 in the front and 85 in the rear. I'm not full timing like you so I believe I'm much lighter.

DGShaffer 07-01-2014 03:47 AM

After weighing my Outlaw and seeing how heavy I was, I really only pack for my trips these days. I was surprised how light I traveled when I got my corners weighed last summer. I've only got about 10k on it so far but as I check tire temperatures on the road, none are getting hot and the wear seems normal.

Mwoodofd 07-01-2014 07:12 AM

I ran 80 in the front and 85 in the back on our trip from DFW to Michigan the last 10 days, and the ride has been much better in terms of road noise from the joints, etc, but the sway is a little more noticeable. I do have a steering stabilizer and rear Trac Bar installed, and have not tried the CHF. Was running everything at 90, and the Michelin chart says, according to my weight, to run 70 in the front, and 75 in the backs. We also travel light, and I am going to get weighed again just to confirm. I am afraid to run the tires that low.

tedgard01 07-01-2014 07:45 AM

Where do you get weighed?

Mwoodofd 07-01-2014 08:28 AM

Most truck stops have Cat Scales that you can pull thru and get weighed by the axel (not each corner). You can find places to weigh each corner, you just have to look and/or call to see if they can accommodate. At least getting weighed by the axel gives you an idea of where your weight is, and you can compare the weight with the tire manufacturers inflation chart to see where you can try different pressures to see what works best for you.

rvbunz 07-01-2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mwoodofd (Post 2118061)
Most truck stops have Cat Scales that you can pull thru and get weighed by the axel (not each corner). You can find places to weigh each corner, you just have to look and/or call to see if they can accommodate. At least getting weighed by the axel gives you an idea of where your weight is, and you can compare the weight with the tire manufacturers inflation chart to see where you can try different pressures to see what works best for you.

Mark still waiting for you to tell me we'll see you in Myrtle Beach. LOL

bwaddell 07-03-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaromance (Post 1487893)
You guys are a great bunch. I look forward to seeing what you have to say each day or so. I also like that you don’t get your panties in a bunch when you get an opinion that may differ from your own. It truly is the least painful way to learn. If you feel I'm jacking something up, I expect you to say so. Thanks again for all the great discussions.

With that being said, my next mod is the LED lights across the awnings. I recently went to the RV show in Baltimore and the new thing is LED's. I'm not so big on that but, the one mod I did see is the permanent white LEDs lengthwise across the awning tube. The kit was stupid expensive and because I'm a cheap, I found all the supplies to make my own at a tenth of the cost. If you’re interested, let me now and I’ll get enough for a few kits, work out the bugs and send them to you.

I have just recently purchased the LED soft white lights at Camping World. Had them installed and they work great. Attached them to the side of my coach so that when the awning rolls up, they are underneath the roll instead of at the end of the roll with the awning rolled out. Light is not glaring, but is light enough to read a book at night under the awning. Mine came with a dimmer remote where you can cut light power down from 100% to 75% to 50% or 25%. My remote isn't working correctly and will be taking it back to CW. Beats buying and hauling the trampoline around.

Have just begun reading all in this thread. Have just gotten turned onto the Challenger and would love to have one. Currently own a 31' Class C Sunseeker and maybe trying to sell my wife on an upgrade.

ctpres 08-26-2014 09:37 AM

Challenger shopper

Currently shopping for 37kt and found LOTS of good info on this thread. I like the tone of posts and hope to soon be posting about our new Challenger.

DGShaffer 08-26-2014 09:47 AM

Good luck and never forget the importance of doing a thorough pre-delivery check whether it's new or used! Finding issues on the lot is much better than on a maiden voyage as you read so many stories about here on the forum.

This is also a great source for ideas on modifications once you own one.

ke3su 09-07-2014 05:20 AM

I recently purchased a 37KT from a CW here in NJ. Mistake buying it from CW but anyway. I have numerous issues which I am working out with Thor. Thor has been very good to work with. CTPres, one issue I have that maybe generic to a 2014.5 build is that the waste ( gray and black ) is piped to the black tank. I have not had this repaired yet. Once I have all my issues repaired, I will absolutely love my MH. I'm not sorry I bought it! ;)

tedgard01 09-07-2014 06:03 AM

Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ke3su (Post 2217799)
... one issue I have that maybe generic to a 2014.5 build is that the waste ( gray and black ) is piped to the black tank. ...

What do you mean that the gray and black is piped to the black? Is there a gray tank, but no water goes to it? Is there a grey water valve separate from the black water? If there are two valves, do you mean that nothing comes out of the gray water tank? I have a 2014.5, a 37GT, no issue that I am aware of.

Ted