iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Thor Industries Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Thor Challenger Owners Unite! (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor-challenger-owners-unite-150811.html)

tedgard01 10-04-2014 02:32 PM

Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2255551)
If you recently purchased a 37kt what were the loose items that can with it? I want to inventory all the loose items before we drive out with the new one Monday.....

My 37GT also had;

Two folding chairs for the table (under the bed)
An extension leaf for the table
A air mattress and pump for the cab drop down bed
A second air mattress and pump for the pull out bed in the couch
The matters for the master suite (be prepared to replace, Amazon; DynastyMattress Deluxe 10-Inch Memory Foam Short Mattress for RV, Camper-QUEEN Size: H10"x W 60"x L 75", $359, better than the SleepNumber at home.
A QuickCamp remote and charger (mine did not have the charger), and check the programming for all functions
A wrench for the full house water filter
Lug nut wrench for the aluminum wheels
Appliance war entry cards (be sure to register them, don't believe the dealer when they say they will)
Slide locking bars (keep them in the event you have a slide issue and need to lock them in when traveling)
Screw in lock for the refrigerator doors (to prevent them from opening during travel)
Shelves for inside the refrigerator
Ice maker bin
Turn table tray and base for the Microwave / Convection oven
Backing shelf for the Convection oven
Microwave / Convection oven manuals and warranty
I had a stackable washer & dryer installed (other parts, manuals, warranties), if no W/D than the closet shelving
I don't know if you are to have a front entry stair cover pad (mine didn't, wish it did, especially when using the pull out bed)
50 amp shore power cord

I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Ted

ctpres 10-05-2014 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 2255896)
My 37GT also had;

Two folding chairs for the table (under the bed)
An extension leaf for the table
A air mattress and pump for the cab drop down bed
A second air mattress and pump for the pull out bed in the couch
The matters for the master suite (be prepared to replace, Amazon; DynastyMattress Deluxe 10-Inch Memory Foam Short Mattress for RV, Camper-QUEEN Size: H10"x W 60"x L 75", $359, better than the SleepNumber at home.
A QuickCamp remote and charger (mine did not have the charger), and check the programming for all functions
A wrench for the full house water filter
Lug nut wrench for the aluminum wheels
Appliance war entry cards (be sure to register them, don't believe the dealer when they say they will)
Slide locking bars (keep them in the event you have a slide issue and need to lock them in when traveling)
Screw in lock for the refrigerator doors (to prevent them from opening during travel)
Shelves for inside the refrigerator
Ice maker bin
Turn table tray and base for the Microwave / Convection oven
Backing shelf for the Convection oven
Microwave / Convection oven manuals and warranty
I had a stackable washer & dryer installed (other parts, manuals, warranties), if no W/D than the closet shelving
I don't know if you are to have a front entry stair cover pad (mine didn't, wish it did, especially when using the pull out bed)
50 amp shore power cord

I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Ted

Now that is the kind of list I need. WOW thanks a bunch.

ctpres 10-07-2014 06:11 AM

We Did It! New 37KT in RV drive

Just starting to crawl around, open things and learn in general. So far - two questions.
1. Where to store front overhead bunk ladder?
2. I think there is a major item inventory list with model and serial numbers, can't find it.

bdickson 10-07-2014 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2259177)
Just starting to crawl around, open things and learn in general. So far - two questions.
2. I think there is a major item inventory list with model and serial numbers, can't find it.

In my 2013 37GT the list is stuck to the inside of a bedroom closet.

tedgard01 10-07-2014 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctpres (Post 2259177)
... 1. Where to store front overhead bunk ladder? ...

Do you have room behind the couch? That is where mine is stored. I also have a GT though, so may not be the same....

Ted

jcullipher 10-07-2014 09:10 PM

New question guys, I have a 2013 Challenger 37DT and I have conversed with some of you about our issues. The question is, What kind of roof is on these coaches? It feels similar to fiberglass. Thanks.

bdickson 10-08-2014 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcullipher (Post 2260430)
New question guys, I have a 2013 Challenger 37DT and I have conversed with some of you about our issues. The question is, What kind of roof is on these coaches? It feels similar to fiberglass. Thanks.

I think it is a TPO membrane. I toured the Thor factory in July and saw the vacuum press where they laminate the walls and roof panels. The guide showed us scraps of the material. It is a flexible polymer bonded to a woven base. This is then glued to the outer plywood sheath in a vacuum press. He told us the same material is used for flat roofs in large buildings like Walmarts. I understand it has a 10 year warranty.

DGShaffer 10-08-2014 05:09 AM

Yup, it's a single big sheet rubber roof. I also took the tour and watched two guys each grab a corner of a roll and walk down both sides of the coach on scaffolding.

jcullipher 10-08-2014 06:53 AM

Thanks for the info, it obviously was not like the rubber roof on my fiver. The texture and look were totally different

sbleiweiss 10-08-2014 07:29 AM

Back to an old topic. I just installed TireMinder on our 2014.5 37KT. It showed all tires considerably overinflated except one which was underinflated. Of course the underinflated one was an inner duelly. So I lowered the overinflated ones to 90 pounds each. I inflated the underinflated one to that. I am hoping that it was just low and not leaking. We'll see if it holds now. I'll report back. If it needs attention who fixes leaking tires, Ford or RV dealer?

DGShaffer 10-08-2014 05:50 PM

Most RV dealers can't handle the larger tires so you're left to heading to a truck center. Could have been the pressure sensor leaking. I had a TST sensor leave me stranded with a flat.

tedgard01 10-08-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbleiweiss (Post 2260785)
Back to an old topic. I just installed TireMinder on our 2014.5 37KT. It showed all tires considerably overinflated except one which was underinflated. Of course the underinflated one was an inner duelly. So I lowered the overinflated ones to 90 pounds each. I inflated the underinflated one to that. I am hoping that it was just low and not leaking. We'll see if it holds now. I'll report back. If it needs attention who fixes leaking tires, Ford or RV dealer?

A good tire store that works on truck tires. Should not be a problem finding one.

What type of stems do you have? Many leaks on inner dually are caused by the bradded type stems when they are not attached to a stable brace that prevents them from working loose. The inner dually tire is impacted more due to the length of the bradded tube and therefore more pressure placed on the threads where it connects to the smaller stem. Replacing them with a good set of solid metal stems that extend through the hole in the outer rim may be a better solution, if you do have the bradded stems.

Ted

sbleiweiss 10-09-2014 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGShaffer (Post 2261551)
Most RV dealers can't handle the larger tires so you're left to heading to a truck center. Could have been the pressure sensor leaking. I had a TST sensor leave me stranded with a flat.

Thanks Don, but this was low as soon as I measured it. Not due to the sensor letting out air. I will check it one of these days and see if it is holding at 90. Your point is a good one though. I'll check all of them to make sure no sensor is letting air leak out.

sbleiweiss 10-09-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgard01 (Post 2261751)
A good tire store that works on truck tires. Should not be a problem finding one.

What type of stems do you have? Many leaks on inner dually are caused by the bradded type stems when they are not attached to a stable brace that prevents them from working loose. The inner dually tire is impacted more due to the length of the bradded tube and therefore more pressure placed on the threads where it connects to the smaller stem. Replacing them with a good set of solid metal stems that extend through the hole in the outer rim may be a better solution, if you do have the bradded stems.

Ted

I don't have the braided stems, or any type of extended stems. that is why it was so hard to get to and add air. I asked about extended stems at my dealer. they said they had seen so many problems with them that they wouldn't install them. What does this forum say about that? Are many of you using extended stems on inner duellys?